Hose flooded my basement!

Gem Lover

Hose flooded my basement!

Post by Gem Lover » 6 months ago

Hose Hero Lightweight Puncture Resistant Garden Hose (75 ft) is junk! This hose was delivered to me 10/28/19 but I did not start using it until the end of November so not even 2 months. I had it connected inside my basement so it would not freeze and would run it out my basement door to fill an outside kiddie pool for my ducks every couple of days when the water needed to be changed. This morning I ran it outside to fill the pool and when I brought it back in walked in to a huge mess with water all over the basement and in a finished room, the hose sprung a leak and the water was going every where. This hose has never been used outside and it does this? I knew I could not leave a hose out during the winter and so I got this hose because it was light weight and I could connect it inside and bring part of it out the door where the pool it to change out the water, then I shut it off and drain it each time so there is not water left in the hose, so why would it break in less then 2 months of use? I would hate to see if it was left outdoors for the whole summer, so I had a huge mess to clean up and I am out the money for the hose so now I will have to order another hose on the river store.
2 x

Topic Tags:

Gypsy

Re: Hose flooded my basement!

Post by Gypsy » 6 months ago

Gem Lover wrote:
6 months ago
Hose Hero Lightweight Puncture Resistant Garden Hose (75 ft) is junk! This hose was delivered to me 10/28/19 but I did not start using it until the end of November so not even 2 months. I had it connected inside my basement so it would not freeze and would run it out my basement door to fill an outside kiddie pool for my ducks every couple of days when the water needed to be changed. This morning I ran it outside to fill the pool and when I brought it back in walked in to a huge mess with water all over the basement and in a finished room, the hose sprung a leak and the water was going every where. This hose has never been used outside and it does this? I knew I could not leave a hose out during the winter and so I got this hose because it was light weight and I could connect it inside and bring part of it out the door where the pool it to change out the water, then I shut it off and drain it each time so there is not water left in the hose, so why would it break in less then 2 months of use? I would hate to see if it was left outdoors for the whole summer, so I had a huge mess to clean up and I am out the money for the hose so now I will have to order another hose on the river store.
Oh WOW that is not good 😡
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 6 months ago

SO sorry about what happened to you. Personally I think SLC should stick to jewelry. The clothing is never sized right and the gadgets never work or quit working very quickly. I am a slow learner so I have bought many many of these items and--bah humbug
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 6 months ago

I've never had any luck ordering clothing online so I've never tried SLC clothing items figured it would be same way and I'm not a 'gadget's kind of person so I dont order
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 6 months ago

So sorry to hear that Gem Lover. I would be so pi$$ed. Like Jewelry Queen stated.... shoplc needs to stick to jewelry. Though it seems like with all the complaints seen on these forums, it doesn't seem like they are having much luck there either. You stated it was a finished room. Hope you didn't have damage. It would be sad to have to rip up carpet or wood flooring. If you have wood flooring watch for bowing /shrinking/gaps etc. Carpeting will need to be shampooed to get excess water up or the carpet will get mouldy and begin to stink. Just thinking about this makes me so mad.
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 6 months ago

Gem Lover wrote:
6 months ago
@Gemlover, is that hose returnable since it’s defective?
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 6 months ago

Gem Lover wrote:
6 months ago
Hello,

Oh no! I am so sorry that occurred. Although it's past the 30 days it's not that far, so that for sure should not have happened. Please get me the order information so I can refund it danielle.jackson@shoplc.com
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 6 months ago

Gem Lover wrote:
6 months ago
That's terrible, Gem Lover! I hope your basement its not damaged.
3 x