Set Of Three Cermanic Oil Disfussers

GEMLOVER60

Set Of Three Cermanic Oil Disfussers

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 3 months ago

I ordered 2 sets. Received today. Open one, it had some kind of brown powder all over it and it was dirty, right of the box. I then read the description on the box. Do NOT use around children and pets, it did not mean the common sense of not burning close to either. It has a picture of a child and dog with the a big red X over it. I do know that a lot of oils can be toxic to pets, but I did not know they could be toxic to children. This information was not listed under the product specifications, fact is, nothing was there of any importance. I would not have bought this if it was in the production specifications. I gave a review which they most likely will not publish and this might not be "approved" If it is not shown, I will find a way to get the info. out to all. I know who my next contact will be. This is wrong and ShopLC should be ashamed. I am sending my back, don't want it and if I get my money back, fine. If not, they can keep the money too. :cry: :evil: :evil:
5 x

Gem Lover

Re: Set Of Three Cermanic Oil Disfussers

Post by Gem Lover » 3 months ago

I would be angry too, I have a big problem with them not disclosing these kind of things, I look at it this way if it is bad for children and pets it might night be that great for anyone with breathing issues either.
5 x

GEMLOVER60

Well, they did not post my review. I also ask a question, mostly with the same information. That was not posted either. So, they would rather sell it and someone or their child or pet may get sick. Dogs, I know can die from some oils. I work in rescue and it happens more than people realize. People should be informed about this. I guess my next step could be facebook, not sure that would help much. I will contact the FTC. I think the product may be fine as long as there are no kids or pets in the household and like you said no health issues. Of course, most people know if they have breathing issues, allergies, etc., not to use it. But if there are not problems with health in someone's home, they will order. I just don't believe they don't want customers to be aware of this. :cry: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 months ago

If it’s not safe around kids and animals, those diffusers should recalled. ShopLC should ask for their return.
5 x

GEMLOVER60

Margui wrote:
3 months ago
If it’s not safe around kids and animals, those diffusers should recalled. ShopLC should ask for their return.
Well maybe they don't know? I know they did not want my review posted. Why not just put In the description what is written on the box? Bet they never see the original box, they may have just be shipped out from Japan...took long enough to get here. I just got everything ready and will email FTC with picture. It could be that they are not in violation, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I don't want anyone or their pets to get harmed in any way. I want the ones I have outta my house ASAP...
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 months ago

GEMLOVER60 wrote:
3 months ago
Margui wrote:
3 months ago
Well maybe they don't know? I know they did not want my review posted. Why not just put In the description what is written on the box? Bet they never see the original box, they may have just be shipped out from Japan...took long enough to get here. I just got everything ready and will email FTC with picture. It could be that they are not in violation, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I don't want anyone or their pets to get harmed in any way. I want the ones I have outta my house ASAP...
Remember those oils from AN brand along with the diffuser? That brand is good. It’s cruelty-free. But it also said caution with kids and pets. I think they could ingest it. That why that warning.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 months ago

@Margui

I believe you have hit it on the head. Most commercial essential oils and scents can be poisonous if swallowed as they are highly concentrated and have some non-natural ingredients. Children in particular (and some pets) are drawn to sweet scents thinking they are goodies. But, just because they should not be eaten or licked does not mean they are unsafe to be used to scent the air. Think of them as like one of those plug in air fresheners but not totally contained so the liquid is readily accessed by small hands and mouths. If they are kept out of the reach of the little ones (those with 2 feet and 4 feet) they should be safe.
5 x

GEMLOVER60

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 months ago
@Margui

I believe you have hit it on the head. Most commercial essential oils and scents can be poisonous if swallowed as they are highly concentrated and have some non-natural ingredients. Children in particular (and some pets) are drawn to sweet scents thinking they are goodies. But, just because they should not be eaten or licked does not mean they are unsafe to be used to scent the air. Think of them as like one of those plug in air fresheners but not totally contained so the liquid is readily accessed by small hands and mouths. If they are kept out of the reach of the little ones (those with 2 feet and 4 feet) they should be safe.
This is true, but a lot of the essential oils do not have to be ingested. Inhaling them can make you pets(don't know about kids) very ill or even die. However, there are some that are ok. But you need to read the ingredients, bottle so small can't read it, don't know if anything is on it? They should list all in the product specifications. OR just do not sell them...I am not taking a chance. Tree oil is very toxic, ingested or inhaled. Is it in there? don't know.
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 3 months ago

GEMLOVER60 wrote:
3 months ago
I ordered 2 sets. Received today. Open one, it had some kind of brown powder all over it and it was dirty, right of the box. I then read the description on the box. Do NOT use around children and pets, it did not mean the common sense of not burning close to either. It has a picture of a child and dog with the a big red X over it. I do know that a lot of oils can be toxic to pets, but I did not know they could be toxic to children. This information was not listed under the product specifications, fact is, nothing was there of any importance. I would not have bought this if it was in the production specifications. I gave a review which they most likely will not publish and this might not be "approved" If it is not shown, I will find a way to get the info. out to all. I know who my next contact will be. This is wrong and ShopLC should be ashamed. I am sending my back, don't want it and if I get my money back, fine. If not, they can keep the money too. :cry: :evil: :evil:
May I have the order info for this? (You can email to danielle.jackson@shoplc.om) Thank you for sharing this!
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 months ago

@GEMLOVER60

I am not aware of any essential oils that are extremely toxic to either pets or children when used in a diffuser. One should never just spray them willy nilly in the air. Some are very toxic if rubbed directly on the skin, and even worse in an area where they can be licked. Oil of cinnamon, peppermint, wintergreen, tea tree oil, pine oil, ylang ylang, and eucalyptus, among others, can be especially toxic.

I even know a vet who massages with some essential oils, when mixed in a carrier oil to dilute, for behavioral and nervous system disorders.
3 x