Norell Perfumes Blushing and Elixir Good & Not So Good

Ariana

Norell Perfumes Blushing and Elixir Good & Not So Good

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

I received my order of Norell Blushing and Norell Elixir perfume today! There's the good and not so good.

The good first. I'm over-the-moon in love with Blushing! It is a beautiful fragrance! I cannot believe my luck that I have two new perfumes (JOY and Blushing) that I'm totally in love with! Both are light, feminine, fresh and yummy! I think I love the Blushing more than "JOY!" That's a big statement because I love Joy very much!

The Norell Elixir I haven't given it a fair chance yet because I sprayed myself with Blushing. I did spray Elixir on a tissue just to get my first whiff but that doesn't say anything. It's a spicy fragrance is all I can tell so far and I'm not sure how that is going to work for me. It's lovely but we will see how that goes tomorrow when I have fresh clean skin and how it turns over time.

Now the not so good - @Moderator_Preston , @Moderator_Rashad or any customer service representative that can help me please.

My Norell Blushing top has a half moon crack in the top part of the crystal/glass and I'm incredibly disappointed. I do not want to see a crack in the glass! I'm including a photo. Most of the fun of owning perfume is having beautiful bottles - not damaged bottles!

I have no idea how it could have gotten there because it comes in it's own box then it's shipped in SLC's box! The perfume box is also wrapped in cellophane that I had to take off to get to the perfume. So how could it have gotten cracked? I love perfume bottles and am really sad this one came with a hairline fracture! Can I return this bottle for a new one?

Now the Elixir cap problem.

The Elixir cap is loose on the bottle! It moves around easily and is not tight. Both Blushing and Elixir tops are held securely where it meets the perfume bottle - but both caps are broken in some way. I'm so disappointed with both issues. What are the chances BOTH tops are damaged? It makes me wonder if these were purchased by ShopLC as "damaged" items or not perfect and it's why they are less expensive?

I love, love, love the Blushing but the verdict is still out for the Elixir.

Why does this purchase have to have a problem? ugh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

Ariana

Re: Norell Perfumes Blushing and Elixir Good & Not So Good

The attachments were finally approved.

@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Preston
@Moderator_Rashad

Because the tops of the perfumes I received are broken/defective - are they eligible for an exchange? Also, are perfumes eligible for refunds if they arrive and the bottles are damaged?

Thank you.

Ariana
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hi Ariana & everyone! If you can purchase the Norell body oil, use just a little bit at the pulse points, let it absorb in & then put your Blushing on. The scent will last lomger & you will smell heavenly. ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
4 x

Ariana

Amy wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago
Hi Ariana & everyone! If you can purchase the Norell body oil, use just a little bit at the pulse points, let it absorb in & then put your Blushing on. The scent will last lomger & you will smell heavenly. ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Hi Amy,

I will get the body oil that's a wonderful way to keep the fragrance last! Looking for it now! I love Norell "Blushing" best but "Elixir" has it's place too in my life too! Love them both.

I'm not going to pursue returning my Norell perfumes because I've used it today and I'll live with the bottle tops being defective. Worse things in life to worry about than perfume tops, right?

:)
4 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

3 years ago
That's a great tip. Thanks! I don't have the body oil, just Blushing & Norell NY body cream. I scooped a tiny bit of the cream out with a plastic knife and put it on a piece of aluminum foil, then sprayed with Blushing and mixed it. Smells great, almost like the original Norell that I remember from the late 70's. I haven't put it on yet, I'll do that later after my shower. Thanks again.
4 x

Ariana

RoseyRuby wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago
3 years ago
That's a great tip. Thanks! I don't have the body oil, just Blushing & Norell NY body cream. I scooped a tiny bit of the cream out with a plastic knife and put it on a piece of aluminum foil, then sprayed with Blushing and mixed it. Smells great, almost like the original Norell that I remember from the late 70's. I haven't put it on yet, I'll do that later after my shower. Thanks again.
I haven't been able to find Norell's "Blushing" body oil yet so I will have to keep looking. I did find it in other scents.

RoseyRuby, I just received in the mail Jean Patau "JOY" body cream so I can do your neat trick of mixing it with the perfume! Wonderful way to combine the too I think. The cream disappointed me as it didn't seem to have the same wonderful scent as the perfume so I'll try mixing the perfume with the cream! I am very pleased with the feel of the body cream - it's light and silky smooth and a little goes a long way.

I'm excited to try this when I get home. Someone mentioned here that "JOY" doesn't last long and I have found that to be true so I'm hopeful that mixing it with the cream will help make it last longer. You ladies are so smart!

Thanks!
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hello ladies: the body oil is called โ€œnorell New York.โ€ The box says โ€œit is scented like the original norell NY fragrance.โ€ I believe it is their original body oil, which can be used with any norell fragrance. Like you suggested RoseyRuby, experiment with a cream you might already have & put this on first to hold your scent. You might come up with your own dreamy original. The Norell body oil is 8 ozs. & will last me a very long time. Also Norell has its own body cream, should be on the SLC website. Some of the reviews of the Elixir were not so great, so Iโ€™m afraid to buy it. If anyone likes this, please post for me. Thanks. ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท
5 x

Ariana

3 years ago
Hello ladies: the body oil is called โ€œnorell New York.โ€ The box says โ€œit is scented like the original norell NY fragrance.โ€ I believe it is their original body oil, which can be used with any norell fragrance. Like you suggested RoseyRuby, experiment with a cream you might already have & put this on first to hold your scent. You might come up with your own dreamy original. The Norell body oil is 8 ozs. & will last me a very long time. Also Norell has its own body cream, should be on the SLC website. Some of the reviews of the Elixir were not so great, so Iโ€™m afraid to buy it. If anyone likes this, please post for me. Thanks. ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท
Hi Amy and others,

Great info that I needed as I was looking for "Blushing" body oil - but I did find New York! I'll get the New York and try it - thank you for the additional info. I look forward to playing around with it.

I ordered little cosmetic jar vials on A.mazon to mix and store the "enhanced" cream. These little jars will be perfect to carry with me on the go I think better than the travel spray I got with my purchases as it's not a good idea (nor polite) to spray if you are around others.

I also received "Joy Forever" yesterday and it's wonderful too! I'm smelling pretty good these days, ladies! :) Perfume really does boost your spirit!
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Ariana wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago

@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Preston
@Moderator_Rashad

Because the tops of the perfumes I received are broken/defective - are they eligible for an exchange? Also, are perfumes eligible for refunds if they arrive and the bottles are damaged?

Thank you.

Ariana
Good evening,

I deeply apologize your item arrived defective. If you could, please email us at customerservice@shoplc.com so we can look into this and come to a resolution to this issue.
2 x

Ariana

Moderator_Preston wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago
Ariana wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago

@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Preston
@Moderator_Rashad

Thank you.

Ariana
Good evening,

I deeply apologize your item arrived defective. If you could, please email us at customerservice@shoplc.com so we can look into this and come to a resolution to this issue.
Thank you! I will send an email now!
1 x