Karen...

RS

Re: Karen...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

TerryTalk wrote:
4 years ago
Hi. I know I am jumping in—but a real game changer for me was and continues to be Wen Conditioners vs. regular shampoo. Been using for 8 or 9 years and love it! Makes my former coarse hair soft—even when I air dry and only use that product alone! Truly will not use any other products! I buy it from QVC.
I tried that stuff...boy did I give it a go. It just wasn’t for me.
0 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
I don’t know what product but I would be willing to bet Karen does use a straightening iron. A good iron and some good heat protectant spray or oil like CHI and nice smooth hair.
Yeah, probably more work than I'm willing to do on a day to day. Wondered if maybe argon for hair..I'm just wanting to be as lazy as possible w/o looking like I am😋
I put argan on my hair. I have for a long time and it works really well. Makes it sleek and shiny but doesn’t make it so it won’t hold curls or waves if I want. Just be careful to not use too much. A little goes a long way. And...you don’t have to fall for the $100.00 a bottle stuff to get good oil.
Good info girls!
RS, would you share your favorite brand of the argan?
0 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

Btw if you really follow the directions on the bottles of Wen Conditioners, like leaving in a very small amount after you finish your cleanse and keep it in your hair—I know it sounds weird—but your hair will look and feel great and beautiful! I did not do the leave in conditioner part for quite some time and didn’t get the great results until I followed the instructions Wen outlined. Then I got the results! Enough of Wen I guess 👍
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Yeah, probably more work than I'm willing to do on a day to day. Wondered if maybe argon for hair..I'm just wanting to be as lazy as possible w/o looking like I am😋
I put argan on my hair. I have for a long time and it works really well. Makes it sleek and shiny but doesn’t make it so it won’t hold curls or waves if I want. Just be careful to not use too much. A little goes a long way. And...you don’t have to fall for the $100.00 a bottle stuff to get good oil.
Good info girls!

I have tried several and really they are all the same. Some even a blend.

I started with Josie Maran from QVC. Its good, a bit pricey especially when I started looking around.

Next I went to my local nutrition center - Orchard Nutrition - loveee this place. I was given several recommendations and tried a couple. One I still have is called One n Only. I really like this one. Great for hair.

My most recent one that came by way of a recommendation is believe it or not Trader Joe’s argan oil...YEP! It really is a hidden gem of a bargain. It seems to work just as good as the others but check this out..it’s $7.00...❗️❗️❗️❗️

I would try any but I like the TJ brand a lot.
0 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Good info girls!

I have tried several and really they are all the same. Some even a blend.

I started with Josie Maran from QVC. Its good, a bit pricey especially when I started looking around.

Next I went to my local nutrition center - Orchard Nutrition - loveee this place. I was given several recommendations and tried a couple. One I still have is called One n Only. I really like this one. Great for hair.

My most recent one that came by way of a recommendation is believe it or not Trader Joe’s argan oil...YEP! It really is a hidden gem of a bargain. It seems to work just as good as the others but check this out..it’s $7.00...❗️❗️❗️❗️

I would try any but I like the TJ brand a lot.
Thanks RS!
1 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

I started with Josie's Argan oil, but when they started offering the Duvall brand here on ShopLC I started using that and haven't looked back. For the same size bottle as JM, the Duvall is usually $39.99 on special. I truly can see no difference in them.
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I am pretty sure Karen said she uses the black Haitian castor oil that they sell here, I use that and I love it, I add it to my conditioner and my hair looks beautiful from it. I use all the black Haitian castor oil products and I would not want to be without them, I have reordered them multiple times. My daughter came to visit and was using my bathroom to get ready, when she came down stairs she told me she tried my product and loved it and wanted to know where I purchased it so I told her. I just got each of my daughter the set that had the soap, body wash, oil and the tub of moisturizer as one of their Christmas gifts and another for myself.
1 x

Blossom

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I am pretty sure Karen said she uses the black Haitian castor oil that they sell here, I use that and I love it, I add it to my conditioner and my hair looks beautiful from it. I use all the black Haitian castor oil products and I would not want to be without them, I have reordered them multiple times. My daughter came to visit and was using my bathroom to get ready, when she came down stairs she told me she tried my product and loved it and wanted to know where I purchased it so I told her. I just got each of my daughter the set that had the soap, body wash, oil and the tub of moisturizer as one of their Christmas gifts and another for myself.
I knew she liked the Haitian products & had wondered if that was what she used on her hair. I figured it was either that or argan. Do you, Gem Lover, have to flat iron or how do you stlye your hair afterward? I know some type of heat usually makes a difference in end result.
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@ Blossem, I scrunch my hair and it curls even nicer when I use the black castor oil, I sometimes blow dry it and it keeps my hair from getting frizzy to, oh and it is great for any dry skin area, I use it on my face every day and it does not make you break out. I had a large brown spot that my dermatologist tried removing on my face but it was still there and he told me I would have to go back to see him and repeat what he did a second time but I used the oil instead and now it is gone! My sister and my daughter noticed it gone one day and asked how I got rid of it so I told them about this oil.
1 x