What would you recommend?

Gemsnob

What would you recommend?

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

I have never tried any of the Norell fragrances. I keep reading about people making the purchase and loving the scent. I've held off for a couple of reasons : fragrance is not returnable and I've experienced other fragrances the smell wonderful on a friend but completely different on me. If you were going to recommend a Norell scent, what would it be? Have you tried the creme or oil? Thanks ahead of time for your help! ❤️
5 x

RoxiJade

Re: What would you recommend?

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

Norell New York is the one I like the best. The EDP, and also the body cream, because it isn't greasy and doesn't leave a film on my skin. I wore the original Norell fragrance in the 70's, but the remastered version is a lighter, fresher version. I like the Blushing as well, but not really a fan of the Elixir since it is a little too much like tobacco to me. Not sure why they are calling the Elixir "sex in a bottle".
9 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

For me it’s different. I prefer the Blushing and Elixir. Between those two I am not sure which I like more. Neither is overpowering or too strong in me. I am wearing the Elixir right now so when I wear it I think “Ooohhh I like this the best” But yesterday I wore Blushing and thought the same thing.

I think Blushing is a more green floral, fresh fragrance. The Elixir is more dramatic and sophisticated. Different moods totally.

All three though, for me, are long lasting. My husband loves both of those but I think he likes the Elixir best. He practically drools and chases me around the house.

That’s the point right? 😉

And let me add...these are nice, high quality scents. I have had many over the years and these rank among the best.
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Thank you both, Roxijade and RS. I appreciate your input. 💐
6 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you both, Roxijade and RS. I appreciate your input. 💐
If you try any of them, let us know what you think. Also, I'm not entirely sure that you can't send them back. I think some ladies here said that they had. On HQ right now, they are selling designer fragrances, and saying they allow fragrance returns in the first 30 days. However, I do know that someone on this chat was asked by the postal clerk at the PO if her package contained liquid. When she said yes, the clerk would not accept the package! That makes no sense, since the PO delivered it in the first place. I just put my returns in my mail box and back they go!
6 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

I think it depends on what you like in a fragrance. I found the Norell NY too unisex and green for me. The Blushing is sweeter and lasts all day. (I bought the Norell NY body creme, so it might be different than the spray. I found that to be true, with other scents). Of all the scents I've purchased from ShopLC, I just *LOVE* Joy. It's very feminine, Jasmine/Rose/Lily of the Valley. The only problem, is that it doesn't seem to last very long--so I have to keep spraying more on. I also love the way my bedroom smells now, that I'm using all of these scents. I stopped for years, after so many co-workers had complained about people drenching themselves in colognes. One lady used to reek of Eternity. We could barely eat our lunches, the smell was so strong!
6 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hello all: sorry this post is a little late. I love everything I bought from the first presentation of Norell. I have the oil, body cream, original Norell NY & Norell Blushing. The Norell products make me feel so feminine, especially the Blushing. I don’t have the Elixir because of the bad reviews here. If you have it, please post what you think of the Elixir. Thanks. 🌼🌺🌷🌸🌷
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
3 years ago
Hello all: sorry this post is a little late. I love everything I bought from the first presentation of Norell. I have the oil, body cream, original Norell NY & Norell Blushing. The Norell products make me feel so feminine, especially the Blushing. I don’t have the Elixir because of the bad reviews here. If you have it, please post what you think of the Elixir. Thanks. 🌼🌺🌷🌸🌷
I have the Elixir and am actually wearing it today! I LOVE it. I have all three Norell fragrances and I think this may be my favorite. Yesterday I thought that the Elixir was tied with Blushing. But today I think the Elixir is my fave😍 (I know I said I went back and forth).
The Elixir has a sophistication about it. I would not call it musky. It does has a bit of spice but nothing overpowering and very much undertones of floral.
I personally think the blend is very smooth and actually has a richness to the scent. Nothing cloying or heavy at all.
It is well blended as not any one scent stand out above the others.
I do know it my husband’s favorite.

💞💞💞
2 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Thank RS: you’ve convinced me to try Elixir ! I’ll check out the website & might have to wait until the price comes down a little, like when they do a whole hour of Norell & they have a special. I’m wearing NY oil with Blushing. It’s heavenly. 🌼🌸🌺🌹🌷
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
3 years ago
Thank RS: you’ve convinced me to try Elixir ! I’ll check out the website & might have to wait until the price comes down a little, like when they do a whole hour of Norell & they have a special. I’m wearing NY oil with Blushing. It’s heavenly. 🌼🌸🌺🌹🌷
I hope you like it! DH got me the set with the little evening bag and lipstick. I also have the set of all three (that’s out of stock now) and the full bottle of a Blushing and today got the roll on set. 🥰🥰🥰
2 x