Continuously Losing Bids

Kath

Re: Continuously Losing Bids

Post by Kath » 3 years ago

Has anyone else noticed after placing a bid say on a ruby ring (including having placed a max bid) to go back in only an hour or so and see it is back at zero bids or maybe just a couple dollars under someone named Donna? This has happened to me often in the past year which makes me not want to even bother with small things I have won. Someone is wiping out bids, either a hacker or someone in the company perhaps but this needs to be addressed. I wrote to customer service in regards to this but it still happens. I am no computer expert so I do not know how they fix this but how can the company not care about getting top dollar on some items? I have 22 years experience working in Loss Prevention and I can tell you something fishy is going on. Miss free shipping for over 50.00 as I do not like auto pay in case you hit a key by accident.
3 x

Maryish

Post by Maryish » 3 years ago

Yes! I came on here to see if anyone else is having the same issues as I am. Once I see certain names, I just don’t bid-there’s no point. Emally, Gray, 🙄 give others who actually WANT the items a chance. There is one item in particular I really want. Currently ‘emally’ has a Bid that is only $500 over the current selling price on shoplc-and there is over 30 hours left on the auction. Gimme a break.
4 x

Beachpeace

Post by Beachpeace » 3 years ago

I rarely ever go on the auction page and yet I got a notice of all the items where some were lost and some were won. But I had never bid on any of them except awhile ago I bid and paid for an 8 dollar pair of earrings. I called SLC and asked them what all that was about and all they could say was for me to change my password. In the list of things I supposedly won was a expensive ring in size 5.I would never bid on an expensive ring and I definitely don’t wear a size5. Good luck
4 x

josey

Post by josey » 3 years ago

Kath wrote:
3 years ago
Has anyone else noticed after placing a bid say on a ruby ring (including having placed a max bid) to go back in only an hour or so and see it is back at zero bids or maybe just a couple dollars under someone named Donna? This has happened to me often in the past year which makes me not want to even bother with small things I have won. Someone is wiping out bids, either a hacker or someone in the company perhaps but this needs to be addressed. I wrote to customer service in regards to this but it still happens. I am no computer expert so I do not know how they fix this but how can the company not care about getting top dollar on some items? I have 22 years experience working in Loss Prevention and I can tell you something fishy is going on. Miss free shipping for over 50.00 as I do not like auto pay in case you hit a key by accident.
No, I honestly NEVER have seen bids go away! this is really surprising to me. but the Donna name IS familiar......
1 x