Continuously Losing Bids

Ruby

Re: Continuously Losing Bids

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

I just lost a bid and when I looked at the Bid History.....15 bids were placed in the span of 0.5 seconds...yes...one half of a second. There is no way in this physical universe a person could bid that quickly. This makes me highly suspicious that the bids were computer generated to hike the price up. Whenever I see "so and so" has a "maxbid" that is usually code for a pre-determined set price and I don't bother bidding on that item again. The same names over and over again are computer bids being automatically generated. Information is power and don't get suckered in.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
I just lost a bid and when I looked at the Bid History.....15 bids were placed in the span of 0.5 seconds...yes...one half of a second. There is no way in this physical universe a person could bid that quickly. This makes me highly suspicious that the bids were computer generated to hike the price up. Whenever I see "so and so" has a "maxbid" that is usually code for a pre-determined set price and I don't bother bidding on that item again. The same names over and over again are computer bids being automatically generated. Information is power and don't get suckered in.
Thank you for your feedback. We want to assure you that we do not have any pre-determined set prices for the online auctions. All bids that are placed, both regular and maxbid, are placed by other customers.
0 x

MJ

Post by MJ » 4 years ago

Yes, it is frustrating...If I see their names, I just stop bidding...Some of their bids are just stupid for the item.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
If there is more than one bidder with a max bid it will look just as you described. The system will automatically up the bid. So when there are multiple bidders it will happen one right after another in quick succession.
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

RS wrote:
4 years ago

If there is more than one bidder with a max bid it will look just as you described. The system will automatically up the bid. So when there are multiple bidders it will happen one right after another in quick succession.
This is correct.
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Really tho!!!! For prices that are sometimes 3 times more than what it sells for?!?!
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

And by now I really have all that I want except for a spare when something breaks! Yes I really said that?!?! :(
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
Really tho!!!! For prices that are sometimes 3 times more than what it sells for?!?!
That part I do not understand.
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

On the Online Auctions, customers can bid the price that they want to pay for the item, even if that price is higher than what we regularly sold the item for.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
On the Online Auctions, customers can bid the price that they want to pay for the item, even if that price is higher than what we regularly sold the item for.
Oh we know that. We are just shaking our heads as to why.
2 x