Are Jewelry Auctions Returned Items?

RottieMom

Are Jewelry Auctions Returned Items?

Post by RottieMom » 4 years ago

Not been on Shop LC for very long...over the past 2 months I've purchased 9 pieces of jewelry. 4 of those were from the auction. Out of the 4 items, 3 of them were scratched quite bad, not just on the stones...like they had been used...one piece has a small scratch but it's not noticeable and I kept it. I just wonder if some of the items on auction might just be customer returns?
Also of the 9 pieces, one has been replaced twice and both had broken diamonds. I don't think I'll be ordering any more jewelry from here.
7 x

honey

Re: Are Jewelry Auctions Returned Items?

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Are Jewelry Auctions Returned Items?....
Also....Are Returned Purchases Sent From Warehouse?...

Shaaaa, YEEEah!!!!
5 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

The auction is a huge hoax where the true bidders are actually fake names generated by the computer. Check out the bid histories of your items and you will see often 15 or more bids occuring in a span of less than a second. Humans cannot do that. When you have been on here long enough you will notice the same names over and over. I check out the actual shopping rather than the crooked auction.
1 x

Margaret

Post by Margaret » 4 years ago

Hi Ruby,
I agree with you completely
0 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I stopped bidding on those auctions few years ago, because most of the stuff either came damaged, or stones fell out within days, or locks broke. I think these are items that were either defective returns, or items that did not pass inspection to be put on air. I believe most of the bidders are real. All they do is use several devices to outbid everyone.
2 x

jhardy1456

Post by jhardy1456 » 4 years ago

A while ago, I can't remember what Forum, someone was talking about a better auction for jewelry. I never got the URL or name before I left. Does anyone know of a better place then this to do business?
0 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
A while ago, I can't remember what Forum, someone was talking about a better auction for jewelry. I never got the URL or name before I left. Does anyone know of a better place then this to do business?
I dont. Not for new jewelry at these prices. There is EBTH. They do estates and sell everything including jewelry, high end included. There are goodwill auctions. You have to weed through tons of junk pieces and they price stuff like its new. Plus shipping & handling is high. Shopavc.com Sue Rochfort sells estate jewelry and collectables but shes taking a break until some time in February. Her prices are not low. I enjoy watching because I learn a lot and she sometimes has unusual things but I rarely purchase.
0 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Are Jewelry Auctions Returned Items?....
Also....Are Returned Purchases Sent From Warehouse?...

Shaaaa, YEEEah!!!!
I believe so. My last auction was a pair of Kyanite Star earrings. I have to replace the gems. One of them is scratched.
2 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

I received an item and it was shipped in a zip lock bag, no tags, no stickers, nothing.....complete sham!
2 x

JustaShopper

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
I received an item and it was shipped in a zip lock bag, no tags, no stickers, nothing.....complete sham!
I have received some of my best pieces from auction, I'm not kidding at prices that made my collection. It seems some pieces trickle down into auction after smackdowns or a big segment ,but the as we know the highest priced items are overbid, always. And certain items seem to have a price that no matter what even to win its always the same price, give or take 5 dollars. I have to say I thought the action was better but still as anything you don't handle before purchasing you take your chance. it's nice to come here because for some reason all reviews do not get listed many items have none. I have bought other items here not just jewelry. I thought the last Friday under 10.00 was the best so far. I wonder what happens to a host then they pop up , usually lol. Settling down for another snow day here. May all our purchases be awesome

Blessings to all
2 x