Items not as pictured. . .

...barefoot...

Items not as pictured. . .

Post by ...barefoot... » 4 years ago

I just received a Natural Silver Sapphire ring and a Malagasy Labradorite ring where the stones look ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the items pictured in the auctions. It actually looks like the same stone in both rings--a washed out, slightly opaque gray, and the Labradorite has NO colors whatsoever. Is this a common occurrence with auctions? I'm new here. I didn't pay much for them, so not a big disaster. I just want to know if this is what to expect on a regular basis from the $1 Auctions. :o :shock: :roll:
5 x

Boston Irish

Re: Items not as pictured. . .

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

I agree with you I won a ring and necklace set beautiful until I received them.They must have taken a picture of them with what I don't know but we're so small crazy!😡
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

...barefoot... wrote:
4 years ago
I just received a Natural Silver Sapphire ring and a Malagasy Labradorite ring where the stones look ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the items pictured in the auctions. It actually looks like the same stone in both rings--a washed out, slightly opaque gray, and the Labradorite has NO colors whatsoever. Is this a common occurrence with auctions? I'm new here. I didn't pay much for them, so not a big disaster. I just want to know if this is what to expect on a regular basis from the $1 Auctions. :o :shock: :roll:
They dont take a picture of the actual item you are bidding on. Its a picture of a ring that they had in stock and they use that picture over and over again. Ive had the same thing happen. In fact, there are 2 piece ring sets (cz) where if you scroll through, all of the sudden, the band ring doesnt even match the one in the first picture. Sending a question to CS is a joke. You never get an answer and they never answer questions on the question form on each page.
4 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

I have bought a couple of " cheap" Labradorite pieces and they are absolutely solid gray. Now my more expensive Labradorite pieces ( and I'm not talking about outrageous priced items) do not look gray. Of course sending a cheap item back is not worth the time but I definitely can not wear those two items with my more expensive Labradorite items. So genera!ly they just sit in jewelry armoire.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

When you see a item on air, someone selected the best of the lot to display. The others are usually inferior to the sample. I had that with welo opal, and other stones. Diamonds never look like the on air sample.
6 x

Gemsnob

CC wrote:
4 years ago
I have bought a couple of " cheap" Labradorite pieces and they are absolutely solid gray. Now my more expensive Labradorite pieces ( and I'm not talking about outrageous priced items) do not look gray. Of course sending a cheap item back is not worth the time but I definitely can not wear those two items with my more expensive Labradorite items. So genera!ly they just sit in jewelry armoire.
I think they count on us not sending inexpensive items back. Ive been shopping here since the begining and have sent less than 5 things back. They arrived damaged, stones missing or chains tangled. I didnt pay $9.99 on them either.
5 x

...barefoot...

Post by ...barefoot... » 4 years ago

Thanks for all your replies. You have confirmed what I suspected. Anyway, I've never had a problem with JTV auction items at all, so I guess I'll stick with them. To be fair about the whole thing, though, I did win a "premium" tanzanite ring (great price) that is beautiful! Maybe I should just stick to premium auctions if I decide to bid again.

Thank you all again for your informative replies.
6 x

Gemsnob

...barefoot... wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for all your replies. You have confirmed what I suspected. Anyway, I've never had a problem with JTV auction items at all, so I guess I'll stick with them. To be fair about the whole thing, though, I did win a "premium" tanzanite ring (great price) that is beautiful! Maybe I should just stick to premium auctions if I decide to bid again.

Thank you all again for your informative replies.
Welcome to the forum by the way. Hope to see you around.
5 x

Moderator_Chris_R

Post by Moderator_Chris_R » 4 years ago

...barefoot... wrote:
4 years ago
We apologize for this inconvenience! We will be very happy to accept items that are not as advertised back for a full refund. If you needed any assistance returning the item, or if you needed a replacement return label, please reach out to me at christopher.rogers@shoplc.com.

I have also forwarded this feedback to our QA team, to hopefully help solve this issue.

Thank you for shopping with Shop LC!
6 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 4 years ago

I've had that happen also. I think most of us have. I agree with what the others say about buying the on air or newly listed items. Also same thing with pictures. It's just a general picture not that specific item that you will get. That's why I don't buy rainbow moonstone or labradorite on auction sites. If you want awesome moonstone, labradorite, or other stones like them I say go on to either Etsy or ebay. So that way you get that specific one item only. Also make sure that the feedback on either site is high before you order from anyone. Hope this helps. 💗
3 x