One Bidder Buying Them All

wildfire813

Re: One Bidder Buying Them All

Post by wildfire813 » 4 years ago

I have been trying for a week and same bidders jack up price but not winning bidder is it possible they work for lc
4 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Derby wrote:
4 years ago
Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
And right now and for at least the past few days it’s been JW bidding in the 50 dollar range for every Swarovski piece on the auction site, the majority of them sold by SLC for $9.99. Funny thing is many of those items are still available for $9.99 so if he’s making a profit by reselling these items the dude would make a lot more if he bothered to look at what’s in stock.
You've mentioned JW. This person on 02/15/20 started bidding (first bid) at $21 for the item (https://www.shoplc.com/thai-black-spine ... /p/3376255) that was sold some time ago for $9.99 at regular Shop LC price. The auction went to $49 in this manner:

1st bid --> J W - $21 - 2/15/2020 6:24:56 PM
2nd bid --> His Baby Girl - $41 - 2/15/2020 9:18:58 PM
3rd bid --> His Baby Girl - $49 - 2/15/2020 9:19:07 PM
SOLD for $49 to His Baby Girl
Thank you for sharing this with us. We have asked our web admin to look into this user.
Danielle, thank you for paying attention to this. Today it is Patrick who is starting the bidding of Swarovski items at around $21 and raising them himself with no other bidders to $49 or so. These are for items on SLC’s website that sell for $9.99, some of which are still in stock. And that’s just by doing a search under Swarovski. I’m sure this is happening for a lot of auction items. I get the feeling it’s the same person or group of people who are doing this. If they are actually paying for the items then fine. That’s their business if they want to pay 5 times what SLC normally sells the item for. But if they are not paying for the winning bids I hope SLC starts to monitor erroneous bids more thoroughly as this type of action is discouraging others from bidding. I’m sure that is not favorable for SLC’s bottom line.
5 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

wildfire813 wrote:
4 years ago
I have been trying for a week and same bidders jack up price but not winning bidder is it possible they work for lc
No! They don’t work for ShopLC....many people are fed up with the likes of Merilee, DebW, Gray, Vicky etc. etc and bid on the items they are bidding on because they are resellers who just go in and play the numbers game...they bid on thousands of items daily and always with very high maximum bids. I’m sure they simply buy only the items they win at the lowest prices and the rest of the items end up back in the auctions hopefully giving the rest of us a chance to win them at a reasonable price.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I think some of these over bidders bid way high (and do not pay) until they get a rep for high bids. Then when people see their name these regular bidders do not even bother to bid, allowing the high bidders to clean up at low prices.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I agree.
4 x

Alice

Post by Alice » 4 years ago

Martha is another over-bidder. Ridiculous bids!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I saw this happening a few years ago when I first started shopping here so I stopped bidding on items.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Shop LC can stop them. It would be in shop lc interest to have a rule that you are only allowed to not pay on so many won bids and if you go over you are not allowed to bid for a month and up, they would stop the BS pretty quick if they were not allowed to bid, I got put in time out for something I posted in here, they should get put in time out for not paying on the items they over bid on. as long as their are no consequences they will continue to abuse the site!
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Shop LC can stop them. It would be in shop lc interest to have a rule that you are only allowed to not pay on so many won bids and if you go over you are not allowed to bid for a month and up, they would stop the BS pretty quick if they were not allowed to bid, I got put in time out for something I posted in here, they should get put in time out for not paying on the items they over bid on. as long as their are no consequences they will continue to abuse the site!
I couldn't agree more Gem Lover! I don't believe for one second these overbidders are buying all those high priced 'wins'. Like you said, if they are not held accountable, it makes no sense for people like me to waste the time & effort trying. :(
6 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

ShopLC won't do nothing about it. These overbidders will win every product in auction. That's why I stopped bidding.
2 x