One Bidder Buying Them All

Gypsy

Re: One Bidder Buying Them All

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I agree: but why would SLC discourage people like Juan who bid $45 on an item that goes for $9.99? They make more money that way!

By the way, welcome to the forum
Juan's a very busy bidder.
There for awhile Juan had thing for the animal banks
Especially the puppy
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I agree: but why would SLC discourage people like Juan who bid $45 on an item that goes for $9.99? They make more money that way!

By the way, welcome to the forum
Especially the puppy
Hmmmm. Not picky I guess. Few months ago it was Lustro Stella.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Especially the puppy
Hmmmm. Not picky I guess. Few months ago it was Lustro Stella.
Could be different Juan and this was last year
4 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 4 years ago

This happens a lot because it is too easy to cancel auction orders without any consequences. I always wonder how it could be... if you could buy an item for below $10 and it is "bought" on auction for $50 or more. Do these people really pay the price they bet on?
1 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

Derby wrote:
4 years ago
This happens a lot because it is too easy to cancel auction orders without any consequences. I always wonder how it could be... if you could buy an item for below $10 and it is "bought" on auction for $50 or more. Do these people really pay the price they bet on?
I think ShopLC is betting that many will end up paying more on the auction and many will pay less and it will all come out in the wash...so to speak! So they just stand back and watch us all duke it out! 🤣😩
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Derby wrote:
4 years ago
I think ShopLC is betting that many will end up paying more on the auction and many will pay less and it will all come out in the wash...so to speak! So they just stand back and watch us all duke it out! 🤣😩
I think you are right. It all averages out even when a host "makes a mistake" with a price on TV and goes too low, some bonehead on the RA will pay 20 more and make up for it. :lol:
3 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

And right now and for at least the past few days it’s been JW bidding in the 50 dollar range for every Swarovski piece on the auction site, the majority of them sold by SLC for $9.99. Funny thing is many of those items are still available for $9.99 so if he’s making a profit by reselling these items the dude would make a lot more if he bothered to look at what’s in stock.
8 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I wonder if that Gary is still bidding on the same item over and over again.Merilee is still there and no one can't stopped her.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

My nemesis is Deb W - but she saves me money!
5 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
CC wrote:
4 years ago
We don't even know if she is a she. It could be a he. I've seen a few high bidder men buyers too.
Good point! I guess that’s irrelevant though since the end result is the same...the rest of us lose! Whether it’s Merilee or Gray or Richard...the bottom line is always the same...😢 I think Merilee also has an account under the name “Mary” and around Christmas there was another name that she went by. I could tell by the bidding patterns. Gray and Richard have different bidding patterns! And there’s a few other as well. Ughhhhhh!
The list of over bidders I have encountered:

Merilee aka Mary aka Mari aka Meri aka Marilee aka possibly Marilyn
Sharon
Angelita (buys all of the multi sapphire bracelets at high prices) we are talking every time there is a bracelet she has overbid on them. She must have 1000's of the same bracelets.
James
Gray
Richard
I am pretty sure that they are all re-sellers. SLC should limit them from buying the same items all the time. Let others have a chance at a decent price in the auction. I am in there all the time but I buy for me and sometimes my sister. I am tired of the the auction HOGS getting all the great items. (REPEATEDLY)
5 x