One Bidder Buying Them All

Blossom

Re: One Bidder Buying Them All

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
My nemesis is Deb W - but she saves me money!
OSOTT, I know it's not funny in any way because I've been a victim of the overbidders many times too, but your post made me smile. I guess it's best to find a silver lining when possible! Whenever I lose a bid I'm going to think like you!
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I try hard to keep my blood pressure down and I always "try" to think if it was meant to be - it would have happened.... lol - but sometimes I give Deb W the ole cyber finger. LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
5 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
CC wrote:
4 years ago
We don't even know if she is a she. It could be a he. I've seen a few high bidder men buyers too.
Good point! I guess that’s irrelevant though since the end result is the same...the rest of us lose! Whether it’s Merilee or Gray or Richard...the bottom line is always the same...😢 I think Merilee also has an account under the name “Mary” and around Christmas there was another name that she went by. I could tell by the bidding patterns. Gray and Richard have different bidding patterns! And there’s a few other as well. Ughhhhhh!
The list of over bidders I have encountered:

Merilee aka Mary aka Mari aka Meri aka Marilee aka possibly Marilyn
Sharon
Angelita (buys all of the multi sapphire bracelets at high prices) we are talking every time there is a bracelet she has overbid on them. She must have 1000's of the same bracelets.
James
Gray
Richard
I am pretty sure that they are all re-sellers. SLC should limit them from buying the same items all the time. Let others have a chance at a decent price in the auction. I am in there all the time but I buy for me and sometimes my sister. I am tired of the the auction HOGS getting all the great items. (REPEATEDLY)
Yes! And add to that: Neely (could be another one of Merilee’s aliases!...just appeared in the last week)), Marisol, JoP, and Deb W. James isn’t as bad as the rest because he doesn’t bid outrageously high like the others. I’m with you...I only buy for myself and for gifts for a couple others. The “HOGS” (well said!) really get my blood pressure up sometimes, but I realize nothing can be done to stop them! 😢💎 They anger me because I bid on things I really like and would love to actually wear and they are just blindly bidding on anything they can make a buck off of...it’s sad and unfair!
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago

Good point! I guess that’s irrelevant though since the end result is the same...the rest of us lose! Whether it’s Merilee or Gray or Richard...the bottom line is always the same...😢 I think Merilee also has an account under the name “Mary” and around Christmas there was another name that she went by. I could tell by the bidding patterns. Gray and Richard have different bidding patterns! And there’s a few other as well. Ughhhhhh!
The list of over bidders I have encountered:

Merilee aka Mary aka Mari aka Meri aka Marilee aka possibly Marilyn
Sharon
Angelita (buys all of the multi sapphire bracelets at high prices) we are talking every time there is a bracelet she has overbid on them. She must have 1000's of the same bracelets.
James
Gray
Richard
I am pretty sure that they are all re-sellers. SLC should limit them from buying the same items all the time. Let others have a chance at a decent price in the auction. I am in there all the time but I buy for me and sometimes my sister. I am tired of the the auction HOGS getting all the great items. (REPEATEDLY)
Yes! And add to that: Neely (could be another one of Merilee’s aliases!...just appeared in the last week)), Marisol, JoP, and Deb W. James isn’t as bad as the rest because he doesn’t bid outrageously high like the others. I’m with you...I only buy for myself and for gifts for a couple others. The “HOGS” (well said!) really get my blood pressure up sometimes, but I realize nothing can be done to stop them! 😢💎 They anger me because I bid on things I really like and would love to actually wear and they are just blindly bidding on anything they can make a buck off of...it’s sad and unfair!
Agree !!!! Its what made me quit the auctions last year. Too frustrating and was no longer fun
4 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Danielle

Today is a bidder named Not Today who is bidding $30-$50 on all of the $9.99 Swarovski items on the auction site. SLC really needs to monitor these bids to make sure the bidder is paying for the won items.
5 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 4 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
And right now and for at least the past few days it’s been JW bidding in the 50 dollar range for every Swarovski piece on the auction site, the majority of them sold by SLC for $9.99. Funny thing is many of those items are still available for $9.99 so if he’s making a profit by reselling these items the dude would make a lot more if he bothered to look at what’s in stock.
You've mentioned JW. This person on 02/15/20 started bidding (first bid) at $21 for the item (https://www.shoplc.com/thai-black-spine ... /p/3376255) that was sold some time ago for $9.99 at regular Shop LC price. The auction went to $49 in this manner:

1st bid --> J W - $21 - 2/15/2020 6:24:56 PM
2nd bid --> His Baby Girl - $41 - 2/15/2020 9:18:58 PM
3rd bid --> His Baby Girl - $49 - 2/15/2020 9:19:07 PM
SOLD for $49 to His Baby Girl
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

By the way guys, most re-sellers do NOT want to pay high prices for auction items (unless they are laundering money) because they have to get a still higher price from their customers than they paid which won't be possible. I am a re-seller and my rule of thumb for pricing is twice what I pay plus any shipping charge. Also if you are any kind of professional re-seller you know the actual retail value (not the highly inflated ERV shown on this site) and would never pay more than one half of the actual retail value to preserve your profit margin and still offer a decent deal to your customers.
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
By the way guys, most re-sellers do NOT want to pay high prices for auction items (unless they are laundering money) because they have to get a still higher price from their customers than they paid which won't be possible. I am a re-seller and my rule of thumb for pricing is twice what I pay plus any shipping charge. Also if you are any kind of professional re-seller you know the actual retail value (not the highly inflated ERV shown on this site) and would never pay more than one half of the actual retail value to preserve your profit margin and still offer a decent deal to your customers.
I agree.

And IMO, I believe it is money laundering.

How apt! M L are the initials the main one we are speaking of usually uses.
🤑
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

It has all the marks and strategy of a good money laundering scheme.
2 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Derby wrote:
4 years ago
Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
And right now and for at least the past few days it’s been JW bidding in the 50 dollar range for every Swarovski piece on the auction site, the majority of them sold by SLC for $9.99. Funny thing is many of those items are still available for $9.99 so if he’s making a profit by reselling these items the dude would make a lot more if he bothered to look at what’s in stock.
You've mentioned JW. This person on 02/15/20 started bidding (first bid) at $21 for the item (https://www.shoplc.com/thai-black-spine ... /p/3376255) that was sold some time ago for $9.99 at regular Shop LC price. The auction went to $49 in this manner:

1st bid --> J W - $21 - 2/15/2020 6:24:56 PM
2nd bid --> His Baby Girl - $41 - 2/15/2020 9:18:58 PM
3rd bid --> His Baby Girl - $49 - 2/15/2020 9:19:07 PM
SOLD for $49 to His Baby Girl
Thank you for sharing this with us. We have asked our web admin to look into this user.
2 x