One Bidder Buying Them All

FLFoodFem

One Bidder Buying Them All

Post by FLFoodFem » 4 years ago

I have never posted here before, but I am so irritated I am now -- irritated when one person bids extremely high bids on each item of a certain piece of jewelry, all sizes. I understand that nothing can be done about this and it probably makes Shop LC happy because they are making money. However, it is discouraging me from bidding and making me consider not being a loyal customer anymore. The current issue is a ring that has become popular. I bought one in a size I don't prefer on the site where you just pay the price. I would like to have it for another finger, but no way due to that one bidder buying them all up.
Some of these people must be more well off than I am, but not very smart. A ring I bought outright for $7.99 is going for bids of 50 dollars!
12 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: One Bidder Buying Them All

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

FLFoodFem wrote:
4 years ago
I have never posted here before, but I am so irritated I am now -- irritated when one person bids extremely high bids on each item of a certain piece of jewelry, all sizes. I understand that nothing can be done about this and it probably makes Shop LC happy because they are making money. However, it is discouraging me from bidding and making me consider not being a loyal customer anymore. The current issue is a ring that has become popular. I bought one in a size I don't prefer on the site where you just pay the price. I would like to have it for another finger, but no way due to that one bidder buying them all up.
Some of these people must be more well off than I am, but not very smart. A ring I bought outright for $7.99 is going for bids of 50 dollars!
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I deeply apologize if someone is overbidding. If at all possible, please send any name(s) and listings/item numbers to customerservice@shoplc.com so we can investigate what is going on here. Yet again, thank you so much for your message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

FLFoodFem wrote:
4 years ago
Welcome to the forum FLFoodFem! You're not alone with the disappointment & frustration regarding the RA. It's an issue most (if not all) of us on the forum has experienced. So many of us have given up trying because a few high bidders have taken the fun & opportunities away from us. Sometimes we luck out & actually win at a decent price.

Have you called Personal Shopper (877-899-0490) to see if they have that ring in the size you want in their inventory or checked their online catalog?

Good luck going forward!
5 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
FLFoodFem wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I deeply apologize if someone is overbidding. If at all possible, please send any name(s) and listings/item numbers to customerservice@shoplc.com so we can investigate what is going on here. Yet again, thank you so much for your message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
It’s Merilee! And she does it on every major stone category!!! PLEASE STOP HER!!!!
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
FLFoodFem wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning,

It’s Merilee! And she does it on every major stone category!!! PLEASE STOP HER!!!!
Shes even started in on handbags. We dont have a chance!
6 x

D-Flawless

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago

Good morning,

Shes even started in on handbags. We dont have a chance!
I know Gemsnob! She has her greedy little paws into EVERYTHING now! I wonder how much she actually buys?!? She must be a massive reseller! I HATE resellers! I know most of the fools on the RA are resellers but they have totally ruined the experience for me! They have gotten sooooo greedy and out of control and ShopLC encourages them. Very sad for the rest of us just trying to get a deal on some sparkle!! Ughhhh!🤬
5 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

I have been wondering if they are laundering money? After buying at any price, they can sell the items and even turn a legal profit?
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
I have been wondering if they are laundering money? After buying at any price, they can sell the items and even turn a legal profit?
Hmmm....thats interesting. Why not buy on the website though where they can get more for their money? It makes no sense to me why they bid ridiculously high amounts, way more than the value. It would suit Shoplc more than the person doing the bidding.
7 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

This has been going on for a long time and it remains
a big problem. the usual double talk from a mod and
nothing changes.
4 x

D-Flawless

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
Hmmm....thats interesting. Why not buy on the website though where they can get more for their money? It makes no sense to me why they bid ridiculously high amounts, way more than the value. It would suit Shoplc more than the person doing the bidding.
I’ve been watching her for a few years now, she also has a few other names she bids under. It appears she plays the numbers game...she bids the lower priced items up to $200 and $300 and the higher priced items up to $400 and $500, then she sits back and watches the winners flow in. My guess is that she only buys the ones she wins at reasonable prices and tosses the rest back. But she definitely doesn’t appear to keep up with the actual prices things are sold for on the catalog side. She must have quite a lucrative business. It’s just very greedy and unfair to the rest of us....I’m sure she doesn’t care though! Narcissism is REAL! 😩 I’ve called Customer Service about her but they told me there was nothing they could do as long as she’s buying things...they can’t shut her down! Very sad but I see a lot of angry peeps bidding high numbers against her...and I LOVE that! We all need to gang up and stop her...but it would probably only slow her down for a minute...
5 x