Update on bidding limits

RS

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by RS » 2 years ago

I’m really sorry but I no longer see the option to view most recent threads first.

I would suggest tagging a moderator but they don’t come in here to reply anymore.

Maybe someone else can see where to choose most recent threads?

Anyone?
1 x

ElleTee

Re: Update on bidding limits and Swarovski madness

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

RS wrote:
2 years ago
ElleTee wrote:
2 years ago
Hi,
I have a problem navigating this system. (I just joined this LC Community about 2 weeks ago)
It seems that older threads are what I first see on my computer, and the newer threads are all the way at the end.
Sometimes when I hit the button to post a reply it tells me that the forum doesn't exist.
I just received a nice response from mpompadour, but the reply button tells me forum doesn't exist.

Sorry for my lack of prowess on this site, but I'll get it eventually. :) :lol:
Best to all the gals and hope you snag some bargains this weekend.
Hi @ElleTee and WELCOME!!!!

When you see the message that the forum doesn’t exist…that is a glitch in their system (there are many).

So to be able to reply you have to hit the QUOTE button and then you can reply to that post.

It happens often but not all of the the time.

I know there is a way to see the most recent posts first but I need to go back and look and see where that is…

BRB 🥰
Hi and many thanks to all you lovely ladies. I appreciate your help and also appreciate you all for making me feel welcome here.
As I had mentioned in my very first post, I have always been an SLC customer, on and off for years, but I never knew this site existed. I love it. So nice to be able to share our thoughts and experiences.
Well, gals, I am logging off, because as many of us know, the RA, especially with the free shipping added bonus, are very addicting.
So I will say goodnight. Thanks ladies. Good luck with your bids. :)
7 x

Zoe

Post by Zoe » 2 years ago

Have been bidding for some time. Never have experienced what is happening recently. People bidding ridiculously high max bids on most of the items in one category. The same person Will bid close to or over $100 for 20 or more rings and then not buy any of them. They will then be relisted. The same process will occur over and over again. Am beginning to wonder if these people are real or part of a computer program designed to manipulate buyers into placing higher bids. It must work otherwise shoplc would not allow it to continue. Granted a certain amount of “stuff” is to be expected. But now seems to have reached a whole new level. Used to buy quite a bit but now seems like things are bid up so high that no one (not even the winner buys them). I feel sad. Seems like so much of what is going on in the world today is like this. Senseless and designed to benefit a select group of people only concerned with themselves. What do you think? Is anybody listening? Is it time to give up?
10 x

Joybear

Post by Joybear » 2 years ago

Bidding limits on an auction ?please stop the madness shop lc and make all auctions autopay!to bid on auctions with no intent to purchase an item is dishonest and unfair to honest bidders!dishonest bidding should be stopped period.shop lc has been jumping thru hoops long enough trying to appease both sides of this issue.there will always be those trying to "game the system" at honest bidders and shop lc expense.to bid on auctions anywhere else you have to register and sign up with a payment method ...if you are the high bidder you bought it no exceptions! How much time money and manpower has it cost shop lc to keep these dishonest customers..because that eventually will result in higher prices,less quality of service,etc for all customers. JUST DO IT!
8 x

Jonarts

Post by Jonarts » 2 years ago

I have noticed the ridiculously high bidding going on on some pieces recently. Things you could get cheaper just purchasing through regular site. Also a lot of the snipe type bidding where someone drops in a bid at the last 3 seconds. I guess that can be expected as sort of normal. Doesn't make it less frustrating. I always wonder if the super high bidders actually go through with the purchase.
9 x

JB

Post by JB » 2 years ago

Jonarts wrote:
2 years ago
I have noticed the ridiculously high bidding going on on some pieces recently. Things you could get cheaper just purchasing through regular site. Also a lot of the snipe type bidding where someone drops in a bid at the last 3 seconds. I guess that can be expected as sort of normal. Doesn't make it less frustrating. I always wonder if the super high bidders actually go through with the purchase.
I don't believe the outrageous prices are being paid! If these high bidders have that kind of money on baubles, they would certainly be shopping elsewhere! I'm not knocking anyone about buying on RA except that you do it for bargains - not to pay 1,000% over retail.
9 x

DavidH

Post by DavidH » 2 years ago

This auction is pretty ridiculous. Carol must have put an extremely high max bid on this 2 days ago from looking at the bidding history. https://www.shoplc.com/auction.action?pk=9809995981226
5 x

Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam » 2 years ago

It may not get approved, so I’ll post this.

I posted the bid history for this auction and Carol started at 1. Then a few others joined in. As it got pricier, a bidder with the name “makinupay” joined in, continually upping the price to over $100.00.

Pathetic.
7 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Moonbeam:.... I saw that also several times 😡
3 x