Update on bidding limits

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Update on bidding limits

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Good morning everyone,

I would just like to update everyone that our online auctions team have added some limits on the amounts people can bid on certain items to prevent overbidding from occurring.

If anybody has any feedback on this, we would be more than happy to listen and pass it along to the online auctions team. Thank you everyone who has shared your feedback, and we look forward to seeing more in the future.
13 x

RS

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Will bidders then know what the original price is? How can they with the constant price changes?

Also, I do applaud SLC for trying to stop, or at least reduce, the amount of the ridiculous over-bidders...what you have implemented will increase the amount of “snipe” bidding.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

I think this is a positive thing to curve the high autobids that are being set. Hopefully this gives everyone a fairer shot at winning the items. Bidders will need to do thier research
Gypsy
11 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Will bidders then know what the original price is? How can they with the constant price changes?

Also, I do applaud SLC for trying to stop, or at least reduce, the amount of the ridiculous over-bidders...what you have implemented will increase the amount of “snipe” bidding.
Good morning,

In this case, we don't have the original sales price included on the listings. We understand that this can cause "snipe" bidding, but I have forwarded your concerns to the online auction team.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Good morning,

In this case, we don't have the original sales price included on the listings. We understand that this can cause "snipe" bidding, but I have forwarded your concerns to the online auction team.
Thanks Preston,

Some folks consider sniping a strategy, but some don’t like it.

I appreciate SLC getting down to business regarding this issue. Thanks for passing this along as well!
8 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

What is sniping?
3 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
What is sniping?
Bidding in the last seconds of the auction
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
What is sniping?
So you have to pay attention and it becomes.....fastest fingers win
10 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
What is sniping?
So you have to pay attention and it becomes.....fastest fingers win
Or the fastest internet speed. And all of that also depends on no glitches on the SLC site.

So basically it’s good luck at that point.
7 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Have to wonder if it’s worth the aggravation/frustration & most of the time disappointment. 🙄🙄🙄
8 x