Update on bidding limits

Joybear

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by Joybear » 3 years ago

My name is joy and I call my place bearmountain because it's on a mountain where black bear live.
3 x

Zero0

Post by Zero0 » 3 years ago

Umm, I see bids for over $1,000 on AAAA on-line auction items. These items continually recycle for auction since they are not purchased by the overbidders, I.e, Carol and P! Their bid accounts are obviously not blocked for multiple times of overbidding and not purchasing.
3 x

Zero0

Post by Zero0 » 3 years ago

Umm, I see bids for over $1,000 on AAAA on-line auction items. These items continually recycle for auction since they are not purchased by the overbidders, I.e, Carol and P! Their bid accounts are obviously not blocked for multiple times of overbidding and not purchasing.

I like Joybears solution!
1 x

Reebs

Post by Reebs » 3 years ago

Maybe the limit on bidding should be a certain amount (like 20%) over the standard SLC price. The other night I went through the auctions to the stuff that had over a full day left to go and there were over bids on everything that was gold or high end :roll: . The only chance responsible bidders have to get the good stuff is if SLC tosses stuff into the mix at the last hour of bidding which I like.
I like the idea of making everyone autopay but there should be an option for being able to assign an alternate credit card to your orders after winning. If not forcing autopay then there should be consolidated shipping because paying $2.99 on a $2.00 win is crazy when SLC is shipping my auction wins with my regular purchases.

And to the folks that said they should be able to pick and choose which of their winnings they want to buy or they’re leaving the auction site...good riddance!
2 x

Joybear

Having a bidding LIMIT on an auction is THE most ludicrous thing I ever heard of!I agree good riddance to those folks who have been doing this to shop lc and us for so long
..shop lc in my opinion needs to stop this madness!I understand not wanting to lose customers but I am afraid by enabling this to go on they are disenfranchising good customers who do it right and ultimately will end up with only those who don't. I think back over my last year of shopping ra auctions and wonder gee I probably could have saved a lot of money if I bid on the same item over and over and just paid for the one I got for the lowest price!but, no regrets I love the gemstones and jewelry that without shop lc I could not afford and so I just wish they could find a way to make these people pay for their won auctions! :roll:
1 x

Joybear

And by the way I think you can just change the payment method in autopay by editing it. :D
0 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

Don’t agree with forced payment for auction wins.In a world that becomes crazy everyday more, I want to have the freedom to decide what I want to pay for.
2 x

Joybear

Oh please..
......if you do not intend to buy..don't bid!you have that freedom of choice. When you bid on an item with no intent to purchase that item you are infringing on everyone else's "freedom "!it is wrong and dishonest and you would not get away with it anywhere else..this costs shop lc in time money and manpower and those costs inevitably result in higher prices for everyone here.what you want is freedom to game the system and ruin it for everyone else.
3 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

No comment.😎🍀
1 x

BC

Post by BC » 3 years ago

Some bidders bid on everything like DEBRA with Tanzanite and Morganite. She places a low bid for the item BUT you do not have a change because she also places a MAX bid that is MUCH larger than her original bid. She tries to buy low but her MAX bid ensures her win and you have almost NO chance to win the item. That's fine BUT she bids on a majority of the items up for bid. She has to have a business and buys which isn't fair right for us just buying for ourselves. Maybe SLC ought to separate the business for the individual buyers. Any overbid we make is on us but she passes hers on to HER customer or just rejects the item. Right now I am doing a trial period with SLC because of these situations. May just STOP shopping on this site because it has not improved very much. People like Marlee and Debra always take advantage BECAUSE they CAN. There are items I want but just NEVER can bid to get over the overbidding and sorry activity by some people who really DO NOT CARE about anyone else but themselves. That is the way of the world now a days. I have been doing this for over tree years and very little has changed over that time. SAME problems /different people. SLC promises and promises but NO real solutions happen. After my trial period (I did QUIT buying for 6 months) is over I will likely just buy somewhere else as I see no changes that matter being made at SLC. ON another matter--I see the meals for children and they say they feed children in the USA and India but I never see pictures of children in the USA!. When does SLC post those pictures from the USA?? I see plenty from India!!! Also, The ones posted from India--Are these the CHILDREN working for SLC making the Jewelry in some way?? IF that is true I will stop buying right NOW. Remember in INDIA that garbage is LEGAL and I would like SLC to answer that question!!!! SLC could be feeding their employees!!!
0 x