Update on bidding limits

BC

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by BC » 3 years ago

WHY not end the MAX BID or limit it to $10 over the current price. This will stimulate more active bidding and give some of us a better chance to actually WIN an auction. Right now some bidders have a MAX BID so high you never had a chance to win. Debra / Marilee are two examples. Check out Debra and Morganite bids. She bids on almost everything and ALWAYS has a large MAX BID so she will win. IF you see her name, expect a HUGE MAX BID attached to her small opening bid. EVERYTIME!!! Also, IF you allow a bidder to just keep up-ing the bid there will be NO CHANGE in the outcome as they will just keep bidding till the bid is out of reach. There is NO good solution BURT SLC MUST stop some of this OR LOSE Customers!!!
5 x

Zoe

Post by Zoe » 2 years ago

Does anybody know anything about Melissa? She is placing really high bids on a huge amount of jewelry. May be a child? Or something else? Unless she has a business reselling these items or is very rich how can she possibly buy this much??
3 x

LauraA

Post by LauraA » 2 years ago

@Zoe , I have noticed the very same thing. LOTS of bids, on LOTS of jewelry, with very high max bids. It is very frustrating to those of us who would honestly like to bid and buy these items at a reasonable price. I've noticed several times items she has outbid me, only to have the item turn up in a couple of days re-offered for auction. Wouldn't you think after a while that Shop LC would get wise to this and close her account? Unless, as you say, she's a reseller who is buying huge amounts of jewelry. :?
3 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 2 years ago

Rosa Rosa Rosa!😠🍀
3 x

LauraA

Post by LauraA » 2 years ago

Aaaannnd... "Melissa" is at it again. I just counted 40 winning bids in her name on 2 pages of auctions on one particular gemstone. 40!! Is she really buying all this stuff, or just there as a spoiler to jack up prices for everyone else?
4 x

ElleTee

Re: Swarovski Madness !

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

I just logged on and I see people bidding on the usual Swarovski items as high as $80 and $90 !

I've generally seen the bidding go up to the $60 range, but never this high. These people are insane. It is absolute madness.
Two days ago I won a Swarovski gorgeous ring for $21. It's one of the more beautiful styles of the Swarovski rings.
I am just stunned by these foolish people.
I just had to vent and share.
Thanks for listening :)
3 x

mpompadour

Re: Swarovski Madness !

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

ElleTee wrote:
2 years ago
I just logged on and I see people bidding on the usual Swarovski items as high as $80 and $90 !

I've generally seen the bidding go up to the $60 range, but never this high. These people are insane. It is absolute madness.
Two days ago I won a Swarovski gorgeous ring for $21. It's one of the more beautiful styles of the Swarovski rings.
I am just stunned by these foolish people.
I just had to vent and share.
Thanks for listening :)
Elle Tee, just look at how old this thread is and ALL the complaints about the Rising Auction abuses some bidders do. IF, and do I mean IF, they aren't company plants or bots doing the bidding and are REAL people bidding and they are stupid enough to pay these outrageous prices for things you could buy straight out on the website for less than half or more of their bids, Shop LC is NOT going to do anything about it. They are making tons of money from these idiot bidders. If Shop LC wanted to REALLY do something to stop this, they would have already done it. It's NOT going to happen, sorry to say! :(
5 x

ElleTee

Re: Update on bidding limits and Swarovski madness

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

Hi,
I have a problem navigating this system. (I just joined this LC Community about 2 weeks ago)
It seems that older threads are what I first see on my computer, and the newer threads are all the way at the end.
Sometimes when I hit the button to post a reply it tells me that the forum doesn't exist.
I just received a nice response from mpompadour, but the reply button tells me forum doesn't exist.

Sorry for my lack of prowess on this site, but I'll get it eventually. :) :lol:
Best to all the gals and hope you snag some bargains this weekend.
4 x

RS

Re: Update on bidding limits and Swarovski madness

Post by RS » 2 years ago

ElleTee wrote:
2 years ago
Hi,
I have a problem navigating this system. (I just joined this LC Community about 2 weeks ago)
It seems that older threads are what I first see on my computer, and the newer threads are all the way at the end.
Sometimes when I hit the button to post a reply it tells me that the forum doesn't exist.
I just received a nice response from mpompadour, but the reply button tells me forum doesn't exist.

Sorry for my lack of prowess on this site, but I'll get it eventually. :) :lol:
Best to all the gals and hope you snag some bargains this weekend.
Hi @ElleTee and WELCOME!!!!

When you see the message that the forum doesn’t exist…that is a glitch in their system (there are many).

So to be able to reply you have to hit the QUOTE button and then you can reply to that post.

It happens often but not all of the the time.

I know there is a way to see the most recent posts first but I need to go back and look and see where that is…

BRB 🥰
2 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Welcome....Elle Tee, I hope you are successful in your bidding 😊...H😊
3 x