Update on bidding limits

Harlequin

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

NO THE OVER BIDDERS DONT PAY FOR THEIR ITEMS!!! IF THEY DID YOU WOULD NOT SEE THE ITEMS REPEATEDLY. JMO
3 x

Bert

Post by Bert » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Have to wonder if it’s worth the aggravation/frustration & most of the time disappointment. 🙄🙄🙄
I'm wondering that myself. Why do some people have to up bid so much? $5 current bid and they bid $40 to start??? Or even in the hundreds on a very low current bid? If they have such deep pockets, why don't they just pay the price on the website and leave the RA to those of us who don't?? 😡. Very frustrating...
6 x

BC

Post by BC » 3 years ago

I have been bidding for over two years and this overbidding has gone on before I ever placed a bid. SLC can try but nothing will stop it. Some of the same people doing it when I started are STILL overbidding two years later. I left shop LC for 6 months to see if their new rules helped BUT the rules did nothing. I am considering leaving for good as there are many more sites to choose from--Wish you luck with the overbidding as YOU WILL NEED IT!!! :!:
5 x

BC

Post by BC » 3 years ago

Overbidding and sniping will go ON as long as they auction anything. They will never stop them as they have ALWAYS been there and will remain. SLP can stop the auctions and sell the item at a wonderfully low price and limit the amount bought but they will never do that. SOME of the bidders that overbid are selling the items to others at a profit and as long as the profit is there they will overbid. I went through the auctions at one time and one bidder had over 300 bids active at once---300. Nobody buys that amount from SLC without selling on the other end. Maybe they run a small store or have jewelry parties but selling happens or they would not bid so much. That was just one bidder and I know there are others right now doing the same thing especially at Christmas.. Either find a way to deal with the overbidding as it will always be there OR do like me and stop doing the auctions. I left for 6 months to see if it would change and it didn't. SLC cannot stop it but they will always have new rules to give you. SLC even called me after a couple of months and I explained. Now IF I want something I will just buy it from the catalog if available.. When I stopped 6 months ago I counted over thirty bidders doing the overbidding--likely more now and nothing has been done. Sorry but that is just how it is!!!
5 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 3 years ago

The best way to prevent overbidding would be to make the online auctions a legal contract, and make people responsible for actually buying the item at their winning price, like it is done on Ebay.

That way, people who bid $800 on an item will be expected to actually pay that amount.

This won't stop the sniping, but I personally see no problem with sniping. Sniping goes on at Ebay as well.

But it would stop much of the overbidding.
3 x

josey

Post by josey » 3 years ago

PAULA is dominating the gold auctions. Putting in very high max bids so no one can bid against her.....she is winning things left and right. Her name has been mentioned before. She is ruining the auctions. I feel like putting in 1000 for each item that Paula has bid on. Maybe some of the rest of us should do just that!

Happy New Year everyone!
3 x

Elian

Post by Elian » 3 years ago

It hasn’t stop the same 3 people from overbidding a ridiculous price for items that are a lot less than at ShopLC regular store.

The same 3 people that you see their names bidding on 5 and more items day and night.
3 x

Gayle

Post by Gayle » 3 years ago

I am not a fan of the new changes to shipping and auctions! I have been a very good customer for a couple of years now and this new change might just chase me away. I use several forms of payments when I make my auction purchases! I have 2 bank accounts, paypal and credit cards, so in other words - I do not have one dedicated form of payment that I use. I'm sorry that people have abused the system - but now I'm feeling abused and extremely let down by ShopLC. Please put your head's together and come up with a new solution. (I just paid nearly $30 in shipping charges for several auctions I recently won. I won't be doing that anymore). Dang ShopLC - you really let me down this time.
5 x

ClaudSan

Post by ClaudSan » 3 years ago

I checked today if some of the well-known super excessive bidders continue with their behavior, setting max bids WAY OVER the direct website price (and over the logic), and the new rules since today have NOT CHANGE their craziness. It sounds that until ShoplC does not make "mandatory" the auto-pay (you win, you buy, we will make it pay for you) this won't stop. I am very disappointed.
5 x

Elian

Post by Elian » 3 years ago

Agree with claudSan. The new rules did not stop the well known over bidders such as Debbie. She’s got bid on soooooo many items and max at highest $.
Highest Bidder: Debbie

ShopLC should make it mandatory of auto pay (credit card will be charge automatically) when the bidder wins the item.
3 x