Items sold out then in $1 auction? Suspicious.

krysp

Items sold out then in $1 auction? Suspicious.

Post by krysp » 4 years ago

I was looking at the J Francis Band Ring in Platinum Over Sterling Silver (Size 8.0) Made with SWAROVSKI ZIRCONIA 1.06 ctw ring that was not low in stock, sold out the next day and now today I see several sizes in the $ auction. why aren't they on the regular site for sale?
2 x

Catticus

Re: Items sold out then in $1 auction? Suspicious.

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Because they know they'll make more if they put certain items in the RA because of buyers trying to outbid each other, making the item sell for much more $$$$ than it would in the "Store Section". 💸 ☹️ 💸 ☹️ 💸
2 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

Look closely at the bid history before you purchase an auction item. I have won several pieces and looked back. The price was jacked up at the last minute with 16 bids happening in the span of one-half second. The only way that can happen is computer generated auto-bidding to set the minimum price point they will take. Be wise and check before you waste your money!!
5 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 4 years ago

Sometimes people win auctions then fail to pay for the items. (They will show as 'expired' in your auction history) Same thing happens in other areas. The items can also be returns. It could also be that they simply found a couple that were in the wrong place in the warehouse. There's plenty of reasons that that sort of thing can happen. See also my post in "Be an informed bidder" regarding last second bids.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
Look closely at the bid history before you purchase an auction item. I have won several pieces and looked back. The price was jacked up at the last minute with 16 bids happening in the span of one-half second. The only way that can happen is computer generated auto-bidding to set the minimum price point they will take. Be wise and check before you waste your money!!
We do not have a computer generated auto-bidding system to take items to a minimum price point. If multiple customers have a maxbid placed on an item, then you would see multiple bids being placed within a short time as the ONLY program we have is one that customers can use to bid on their behalf up to the price they are willing to pay.

To protect the integrity of the Online Auctions, Shop LC is unable to change, retract, or delete any bids that are placed.
4 x

Werekitty

Post by Werekitty » 4 years ago

Sometimes the customers A don't empty their cart B don't confirm their bid C payment failed also can happen in auction it closes and is "sold" but the bid is cancelled
0 x

sunshine13

Post by sunshine13 » 4 years ago

How/Where do you see the 'bid history'?
0 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

sunshine13 wrote:
4 years ago
How/Where do you see the 'bid history'?
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your post. You can view the bid history for a listing by going to the listing, scrolling down a bit, and clicking on "Bid History". The selection is right under the "TV Product Presentation". Thank you so much for being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x