I need to stay away from auctions

RS

Re: I need to stay away from auctions

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
I just noticed that this topic needs to be on the $1 Online Auctions Section not in General Conversations. I like this Shop LC forum but many topics are out of their main section.
Yeah, I guess I didn’t even see there was an auction section. Oops.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS, if our maximum bids are hidden, how do others consistently manage to bid right up to my maximum bid, but exactly one dollar less?

This happens to me ALL the time. I've received those notices that state you need to bid more if you want to win the item, because another bidder has a higher bid.

But how is it that whenever I enter a maximum bid on items I want, almost IMMEDIATELY, SO many of mine get bid on, and at
EXACTLY ONE DOLLAR LESS THAN MY MAXIMUM?? 🤨 😖 😣
🤨🤨
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

My "guess" would be the other bidder has a maximum bid that close to yours. Who knows, that's been the only explanation I could come up with whenever it happens to me.
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Margui wrote:
4 years ago
I just noticed that this topic needs to be on the $1 Online Auctions Section not in General Conversations. I like this Shop LC forum but many topics are out of their main section.
Yeah, I guess I didn’t even see there was an auction section. Oops.
We have gone ahead and moved it over to the "$1 Online Auctions" section. Thank you! :D
2 x

Grizzy

Post by Grizzy » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
I don’t believe it’s shill bidding...I’ve been buying on the auction since day one....10+ years now and there has been a huge increase in resellers who bid on every item of a particular stone...especially the rarer/more expensive stones...Morganite, Kunzite, Hessonite, Moldavite, Mint Garnet etc. for example Merilee....the WORST offender! She bids hundreds of pieces at a time....everything up to $150-$200 or higher. It’s a numbers game for her and those like her...she bids on so many items she actually wins many at decent prices. I imagine she buys those and throws back the rest. It’s greedy, selfish and rude and I’ve watched the practice increase recently. It has definitely taken the fun out of the auctions for people like me who buy for my own personal collection. I have actually spoken to Customer Service regarding this issue and was told nothing can be done to the people who abuse the auctions because they are actually purchasing some items. The only solution would be to change the auction format to be like eBay where you must purchase every item you win...or destroy your reputation! That would certainly slow down the likes of Merilee but it would also negatively impact the rest of us. Therefore, we’re stuck with greedy, selfish, rude resellers....ughhhhhh!!! 🤬
YES!! Merilee drives me crazy! Sorry Merilee😛
2 x

Grizzy

Post by Grizzy » 4 years ago

I had a weird experience on the auction over the weekend, I had something in my cart and then I noticed later I had 2 things in my cart. I looked to see what the second item was and it was something I would never in a million years want but somehow I accidentally bid on it and won at the last second of its auction I guess! Probably while I was scrolling through.

Why can’t that happen with stuff I actually want?! Ha!
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

No one is able to see the max bid that another customer has entered for a particular auction.
2 x