Auction bid not doing homework on items

Ruby

Re: Auction bid not doing homework on items

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

The jacked up auction prices are computer generated from the company with an minimal price being accepted. I just lost an item and when I looked at the Bid History, there were 24 bids in the span of a half-second. This is not humanly possible!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
The jacked up auction prices are computer generated from the company with an minimal price being accepted. I just lost an item and when I looked at the Bid History, there were 24 bids in the span of a half-second. This is not humanly possible!
It is because other people put in max bids and when that happens the computer ups a persons bid automatically. So it’s computer generated yes, but the initial max came from a person who put IN that max bid.
SLC isn’t going to bid against themselves just to hike the price.
2 x

JustaShopper

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

Ruby , I have had the similar problem and many items like diamond or anything higher carat are already out of this atmosphere. and Mer, and a handful of others are always making sure No one else gets the item, even the ones on my wish lists I am lucky to get 10 or 20 dollars of SLC regular price.. Still I keep trying , and once in a while I do get a spectacular piece I kept trying to win. Sometimes it does seem computer generated . If its a person , They really need a time out..
1 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

Hello everyone
OK so I have been doing auctions for 25 years plus... online ,live ,selling ,buying ....everything!!
here’s what’s going on with these high bids from the same people over and over....... They will come in every day to Over bid so nobody can win it they will continue to do it over and over and over to intimidate people or just plain give up because they know they cannot win against them at that point they will get all the items they want for a very low price it’s crazy frustrating I hate it I’m in here trying to buy things I’ve been doing this for years over here ....it’s gotten so bad in The handbag part that I have not bought a handbag in about a year I kept calling and complaining but I get why they won’t do anything about it ,they like people bidding things up if only a third of the people buy something that is way overpriced they can laugh all the way to the bank it’s a business people stThe handbag part that i have not bought a handbag in about a year I kept calling and complaining but I get why they won’t do anything about it they like people bidding things up if only a third of the people buy something that is way overpriced they can laugh all the way to the bank it’s a business people !! Don't count on it ever changing.
There 😂
My two sense to the situation.
If they stop ....its just someone else coming in doing it instead! Like i said i have been watching it for years now.thats why i like live auctions way better!😊
i do not think its shop lc !!!
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Eve wrote:
4 years ago
Hello everyone
OK so I have been doing auctions for 25 years plus... online ,live ,selling ,buying ....everything!!
here’s what’s going on with these high bids from the same people over and over....... They will come in every day to Over bid so nobody can win it they will continue to do it over and over and over to intimidate people or just plain give up because they know they cannot win against them at that point they will get all the items they want for a very low price it’s crazy frustrating I hate it I’m in here trying to buy things I’ve been doing this for years over here ....it’s gotten so bad in The handbag part that I have not bought a handbag in about a year I kept calling and complaining but I get why they won’t do anything about it ,they like people bidding things up if only a third of the people buy something that is way overpriced they can laugh all the way to the bank it’s a business people stThe handbag part that i have not bought a handbag in about a year I kept calling and complaining but I get why they won’t do anything about it they like people bidding things up if only a third of the people buy something that is way overpriced they can laugh all the way to the bank it’s a business people !! Don't count on it ever changing.
There 😂
My two sense to the situation.
If they stop ....its just someone else coming in doing it instead! Like i said i have been watching it for years now.thats why i like live auctions way better!😊
i do not think its shop lc !!!
You do know their “Live auction” is a show right? They know well ahead of time how low they will go. They do it in tiers, levels if you will...
The amount of interest in the item from buyers also factors in to determine how low they go.
0 x

Gem Lover

Reply to RS on auction

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

The reason they would bid on there own item is to drive up the price, in the event no one bids over them then the item would be returned to the next day auctions, that would maybe explain why myself and others see the same item back up for auction after it says it was won.
1 x

RS

Re: Reply to RS on auction

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
The reason they would bid on there own item is to drive up the price, in the event no one bids over them then the item would be returned to the next day auctions, that would maybe explain why myself and others see the same item back up for auction after it says it was won.
Perhaps...and I do see many of the same names. But that would mean SLC has to hire and employ, provide insurance, payroll taxes, etc. for a person or people to do that. Over what to SLC is really a small fraction of the amount of items in inventory.
0 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

Replay to RS
I amNot talking about shop LC live auctions I’m talking about real auctions , the ones you go to. What shop lc does on tv are no auctions at all lol.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: Reply to RS on auction

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
We assure you that Shop LC does not employ anyone to artificially inflate the bids that are placed on the Online Auctions.

As for seeing the same item pop up in the auctions after one auction has been won, if we have multiple available to list on the auctions, instead of flooding the auctions with all of them at the same time, they are staggered to start anywhere from hours to days apart.
3 x