Auto max bid

Kittycat

Auto max bid

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

First time I tried using this feature as an item I really wanted was going off way too early for me go to get up and try to win it and wasn't for sure to get it. I can't win, everything is going way too high,people are overbidding,I even made an error and put in an extra digit and still lost twice, I up my max bid every so often if it's something going off in several hours and still no matter if I raise it by $1 or several I am always outbid by $1, I think something is not right. I stopped trying awhile back but really wanted this particular item, I was told by personal shopper it sold out only to find it on the auction page the next day. No bargains, people are way overbidding, they can't possibly want it that bad to pay such prices.
13 x

BeckyJane

Max bids and repeated GREEDY super-high bidders

Post by BeckyJane » 3 years ago

OK, I have had more than enough of the super-high max bids. I almost want to say to do away with autobids. I've been active with ShopLC for about 10 months (was a fan of the Jewelry Chanel a ways back), and have been using the $1 Auction for about 9 months or so. I first noticed a big change with the Auction sometime around mid-May, but an even bigger change (and unpleasant experiences) with the Auction within the past 3-4 weeks. I will name names, because they are just first names, but there are a couple of people that are repeatedly, continuously(daily), and very greedily setting Maxbids of hundreds of dollars for items that went for far less than that when they were introduced on live TV and and your regular web prices. But not only that....they do this for all of the same items that come up for auction multiple times, so nobody else has a remote chance unless they, too, bid hundreds of dollars (where these items sold for much less originally). The primary two bidders I'm referring to are a certain Donna and a certain Robin...I notice them particularly with the Bali Legacy items, to include the necklaces, bracelets and beyond. They are continuously selfish and greedy, and something needs to be done.

Perhaps a limit could be imposed on the # of same items a person can bid? Or limit max bid *consistently*, unlike what you've tried in the past. I'm almost to the point of no longer using the Auction, which is unfortunate because I have gotten some really nice items and used to look forward to even just perusing to see what is there, whether I bid or not! I am a very loyal, repeated customer, but you may lose me due to the few very greedy ones.

***Please do something to discourage them and impose some limits. With this happening, you are no longer living up to your mission.***

Thank you,
Rebecca
11 x

Boston Irish

Re: Auto max bid

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

I agree! These two are you ok much also Tracy and ....... On purses and other items. Pam on jade Etc I am getting its not worth it.๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘Ž
8 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

Totally agreed.These max superbidders must be also max super stupid to pay hundred of dollars for a $10 item.Or they are just troll spoilers , they buy nothing they win and just spoil the RA. Shop lc is going to lose customers and money if they do nothing.I am disgusted of this dishonest game.
10 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Canโ€™t beat COMPUTERS!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿง๐Ÿคจ. Just my opinion, but probably true
2 x

Boston Irish

Don't know who is ....... But really sick of it.I called customer service and they must have deleted some of these fake bidders. One name was your greedy? What the H. I don't show it on what I bid on so removed.GOOD!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ€
8 x

KLiz

Post by KLiz » 3 years ago

I agree with the other people especially the bidder Donna when I see her name I generally just skip it in the auctions because I know that I can't possibly go to $300 plus on something that has an estimated retail value of $200 and it's the same items every single time the same items over and over that she bids on and nobody ever gets a chance I can't imagine if she resale that she would sell at such a high price.
8 x

Boston Irish

Looks like LizzyAn is at it again bidding on 100 purses too High and ....... Same purses!๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ€
7 x

Boston Irish

Beth Darlene and others over bidding too.๐Ÿ˜ก
7 x

Mom3637

Post by Mom3637 » 3 years ago

Something fishy is going on- placed a max bid last evening- went to bed- as auction ended in 10 hours. Normally bidding will list several bids until the max bid is exceeded. Not in this case- someone knew my max bid and won by a dollar?
8 x