Hopeless..

Amy

Hopeless..

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hello everyone! Just in case someone is discouraged losing a bid, I’ve bid on the same ring 23 times & never won. Soon they will be entirely sold out. I’ve used max-bid which is a fair/ reasonable offer, tried live bidding, etc. I do have one ring but want to make a set. I’m not bidding $50 like some people bid on every item on the page. I complained about the $50 bidders on every item, but nothing has changed. So that’s my sob story for the day. Good luck if you make a fair/decent bid & win. 🍀
10 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Hopeless..

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
3 years ago
Hello everyone! Just in case someone is discouraged losing a bid, I’ve bid on the same ring 23 times & never won. Soon they will be entirely sold out. I’ve used max-bid which is a fair/ reasonable offer, tried live bidding, etc. I do have one ring but want to make a set. I’m not bidding $50 like some people bid on every item on the page. I complained about the $50 bidders on every item, but nothing has changed. So that’s my sob story for the day. Good luck if you make a fair/decent bid & win. 🍀
I understand how you feel losing. I've literally lost every auction to a mint green garnet necklace for six months. I finally won and out of habit - I still search for it. I've never seen it listed again. I think I won the last one! Anyway, keep trying is all I can offer. I do believe that a lot of people have large budgets because maybe they are owners of a jewelry store or something. Less individuals bidding - more businesses bidding.

Good luck and I hope you win your ring!
9 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
3 years ago
@Amy

The only way I have ever won on the RA's is to NOT bid until the very last 10 seconds (or more if your device is slow). Someone posted this method a few months ago in this forum, and it works! First you need to decide just how high you'll really be willing to pay! Then you need to sit patiently and watch as the others place their max bids. Type your max bid into the box, but don't press the button yet! When the clock ticks down to about 10 seconds, THEN place your Max Bid! Be sure it is at least 3 to 5 (or more) dollars higher than the current bid price. You'll very likely win, because the others are bidding one dollar at a time. They won't have enough time to bid enough $1 increments to beat your Max Bid.

Does this make sense? I always set an alarm on my phone for 5 minutes before the end of the auction, and I leave my phone on that auction page to make it easier to place my bid. If you keep bidding throughout the day, you are just raising the price, because someone else will surely come along and bid $1 more! Never bid until the very end! You still might lose, but you have a great chance of winning!

Hayhaypaula
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I have won 3 satin sets of pillow cases. One I won 6.00 , another pair 9.00, last set 12.00 only because it was a mocha color. Got the navy blue two days ago, well worth the price. Not sure what the price was on live presentation. And hair looks much better in the morning. Now I want Satin sheets. Have a great day everyone 🙂
3 x

Amy

Thank you for your good luck wishes. Time to check if it’s available this evening. 🍀
3 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

Yes, Amy .... I've lost more than won.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Been there too !!!! Took me lucky 13 times to win a ring that I really wanted, and I wouldn't play the over bid game !!! But I finally won, and at my price point . Keep trying...GOOD LUCK 😊 - GYPSY
5 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

@Amy Keep going; the auctions are super hit or miss, but so rewarding when you win. I've lost far more auctions than I've won as is probably true for most, if not all, individual bidders like us. Keep the faith and happy Friday!
4 x

Amy

Good morning & thanks everyone for your tips & encouragement. I’ll keep trying & use heyheypaula’s advice. Maybe I’ll win if they don’t sell out. Thanks again!
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Even if I bid until the last seconds, somebody ended up outbid me. That happened to me last year. I least I won a pair of Kyanite earrings, but unfortunately, one of the gems is stratched. I will to change the kyanites.
4 x