Analytical question

Jace

Analytical question

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

Has anyone determined what is the best day
To win an RA.?
When " high bidders" are not!!

You would think...there "might be..some rhyme or reason".to it.
0 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Analytical question

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Jace wrote:
3 years ago
Has anyone determined what is the best day
To win an RA.?
When " high bidders" are not!!

You would think...there "might be..some rhyme or reason".to it.
Ha! If I cracked the code, I certainly wouldn't publish it here just so I have new comoetition! :shock: :D
6 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 3 years ago

Good question, Jace!

I have been bidding on ShopLC since 2011. (I know this because the site used to post a little message every time one logged in “member since ____”).

Looking back over my bid history I noted a few patterns. Weekends? Forget about it. Everyone is bidding. Overnight? Uh-uh. Surprisingly, bidders (in my experience) tend to be more aggressive in the wee hours.

My most successful “wins” seem -with a few exceptions- to happen during the week, during “rush” hour time periods. 6AM-10AM and 5PM-8PM (EST). I used to have success on Sunday mornings, as well. Not so much anymore.

Not sure if your question was rhetorical or not, or just a way of expressing frustration due to overaggressive bidders, but if you bide your time and are patient, you should prevail -at the amount YOU wish to pay!

Good luck, health, & successful bidding to you.
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

HowRevelationary wrote:
3 years ago
Good question, Jace!

I have been bidding on ShopLC since 2011. (I know this because the site used to post a little message every time one logged in “member since ____”).

Looking back over my bid history I noted a few patterns. Weekends? Forget about it. Everyone is bidding. Overnight? Uh-uh. Surprisingly, bidders (in my experience) tend to be more aggressive in the wee hours.

My most successful “wins” seem -with a few exceptions- to happen during the week, during “rush” hour time periods. 6AM-10AM and 5PM-8PM (EST). I used to have success on Sunday mornings, as well. Not so much anymore.

Not sure if your question was rhetorical or not, or just a way of expressing frustration due to overaggressive bidders, but if you bide your time and are patient, you should prevail -at the amount YOU wish to pay!

Thanks for the info! I didn't know but now I do! Cool!
1 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

T Y, How Revelationary
I guess... it's just " hit or miss".

Have noticed very busy on week-ends.

Also, why would they pay so much more...
Than just buying it for less.
To each his own"!!
0 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

HowRevelationary wrote:
3 years ago
Good question, Jace!

Who knew! Thanks for the info!
1 x