Auctions being literally unfair....

YEET

Auctions being literally unfair....

Post by YEET » 3 years ago

So there was this beautiful necklace that was a white diamond moon that had a dangling heart that was encrusted in pink diamonds on the heart. If you're a regular on Shop LC, then you know that pink diamonds are REALLY REALLY expensive. So you rarely grab anything with natural pink diamonds for cheap- the lowest I seen ShopLC sell pink diamond jewelry is $99. So, I was on the auction and saw this beautiful moon and heart necklace. I really love anything that's space, moon and stars, the sun and planets-anything astronomy related. So I had my bid/max bid up (im pretty experienced with this fyi), right? and at last minute someone took my moon and heart necklace!! I could've had the thing for less than what it was sold for in the first place! But luckily, I don't get upset that easily. So I just said, "Oh well, I can find another one if ShopLC still has some more". But i knew I would have to wait a long time because, like I said, it's rare to find anything with natural pink diamonds on the auctions that's a f f o r d a b l e. Days, weeks I waited, and finally another opportunity to win my same necklace for not $100 or over!!!! I put my bid up and everything and guess what. THE SAME PERSON WHO TOOK MY NECKLACE LAST TIME DID IT AGAIN!! OOPS THEY DEFINITELY DID IT AGAIN!!! It made me so mad because they already won a necklace-the same necklace!!!! I was so sad and still am..... like isn't there some way we could order items that could've been on auction? I know it's impossible but I know ShopLC still have some stashed back there!!

~๐“’๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ต_๐“–๐“ช๐“ต๐“ช๐”๐”‚~
7 x

Kittycat

Re: Auctions being literally unfair....

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

I lost out on a Burmese sapphire I had in my wishlist and one day it aired half price while I was at work found out when I got home when looked at recently aired items. I quickly called personal shopper more then once, no luck, that's how bad that I wanted it.Then the next day it was on the auction, I was mad. I would have paid the regular price didn't want to bid as it was going off really early, so I did automax bid for the First time,did NOT win. I've seen this ring a few more times, I am mad because of being told it was sold out and now was on the auction a few times and I can't seem to win it. I wonder if they hold some back for the auctions or if auction items are returns. I don't know why someone would have returned that ring. Then one day I found one online, not auctions. I guess it was a return glad it wasn't put in the auction. I guess I was lucky, but so much aggravation to get that ring.
9 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

YETT same thing going on with the purse. One person puts max bid at 100 or 87 ever day on the same leather purses. I hope she is on here this has been going on all the time with this lady not just one day. She has been Reported.๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ€
7 x

YEET

Kittycat wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago
I lost out on a Burmese sapphire I had in my wishlist and one day it aired half price while I was at work found out when I got home when looked at recently aired items. I quickly called personal shopper more then once, no luck, that's how bad that I wanted it.Then the next day it was on the auction, I was mad. I would have paid the regular price didn't want to bid as it was going off really early, so I did automax bid for the First time,did NOT win. I've seen this ring a few more times, I am mad because of being told it was sold out and now was on the auction a few times and I can't seem to win it. I wonder if they hold some back for the auctions or if auction items are returns. I don't know why someone would have returned that ring. Then one day I found one online, not auctions. I guess it was a return glad it wasn't put in the auction. I guess I was lucky, but so much aggravation to get that ring.
Kittycat, bruhhh they did me like that too before!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! There was this beautiful purse that was like a back pack that was real leather and I wanted to get it because I was planning on customizing it. I saw it on air/recently aired items online, so i put it in my cart to get later-maybe 1-2 hours later, I go to check out and when i click place order it would take me back to the home page, the order didn't go through no confirmation number-nothing. This happened at least 5 times- there was like 2 bags left so i wanted to hurry and get it. I call customer service and it was doing the same thing on their screen then I was transferred to someone else. Come to find out they were being prepared to go on live auction. I thought they meant on live tv since for some reason they call it live auction (unless im getting these two confused). I look up on the auctions and BOOM! My purse was there on auction. I managed to win it I paid a few dollars over but it was worth it. It still looked like to me that they snatched my purse out of my hands just to put it on auction though :shock:
3 x

YEET

Boston Irish wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago
YETT same thing going on with the purse. One person puts max bid at 100 or 87 ever day on the same leather purses. I hope she is on here this has been going on all the time with this lady not just one day. She has been Reported.๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ‘œ๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ€
Boston Irish, I noticed it too when I looked the purses up but I see a lot of the "popular" customers on there. That happened to me before on jewelry boxes. I forgot who it was, but the whole page had beautiful and nice jewelry boxes. But the same person had their John Hancock on all of them, then had the nerve to literally "fight" me over two jewelry boxes when they had the WHOLE PAGE. I did get my jewelry boxes though. I wasn't playin' that.
4 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

People are bidding with no idea of the original price that is in 100% of cases much lower.I call it plain stupidity.During the weekend the auctions go to the ceiling for items that originally were $ 9.99. Or they just put company people to rise prices on purpose.Otherwise you can not imagine the extent of so many half-wits. I never paid an item won on RA if it was not at the very least 50% lower than originally. For some time now there has been nothing interesting to bid on except stimulants or Swarovski chrystal , brass or iron , generally items that are not worth any penny anyway. Silver chains were nice but again crazy people are overbidding like $25 for a $10 chain.I got some with a nice weight for a max $6. But lately for the same style they overbid like over $ 20.So, now bidding is time consuming and not worth it.
6 x

YEET

Druid wrote: โ†‘
3 years ago
People are bidding with no idea of the original price that is in 100% of cases much lower.I call it plain stupidity.During the weekend the auctions go to the ceiling for items that originally were $ 9.99. Or they just put company people to rise prices on purpose.Otherwise you can not imagine the extent of so many half-wits. I never paid an item won on RA if it was not at the very least 50% lower than originally. For some time now there has been nothing interesting to bid on except stimulants or Swarovski chrystal , brass or iron , generally items that are not worth any penny anyway. Silver chains were nice but again crazy people are overbidding like $25 for a $10 chain.I got some with a nice weight for a max $6. But lately for the same style they overbid like over $ 20.So, now bidding is time consuming and not worth it.
Druid I notice it a lot as well. I just saw my purse actually just a few minutes ago that was sold for $20- pretty good buy for some actual leather and guess what? The auction I saw a few minutes ago was at $99. Itโ€™s ridiculous. I always say the same thing about the company-having their own people raise the prices to get more money, or win their items back- which is how come they still have those items on the auction. And I think I know a few too -_-. But youโ€™re also right about value, I remember when ShopLC( Liquidation Channel days) used to sell the Swarovski Crystal jewelry for $10 and there were times they gave the sets away for free! And itโ€™s weird seeing the same things that were given away like water is all of a sudden being fought over like itโ€™s gold. But unfortunately some people donโ€™t get to see the original price of the item before itโ€™s sold out so they really donโ€™t know the value. Sometimes I look up the item on google images under shoplc and find the exact same item click on the link and see the original price- and sometimes see itโ€™s still in stock.
5 x