People on Auctions. What is something that you won that was/is usually expensive on auctions? How much did you win it 4?

YEET

People on Auctions. What is something that you won that was/is usually expensive on auctions? How much did you win it 4?

Post by YEET » 3 years ago

I guess i'll start by sharing mine. You can put down than more than one item if you want.

I won a natural pink diamond ring for less than $40 :3.......but i wanted it because it was pink, and pink is my favorite color. I didn't know how valuable or expensive it was. I hope i can find another one but in sterling silver. I like it because it's pink. Original price was $100.

So,
People on Auctions. What is something that you won that was/is usually expensive on auctions? How much did you win it for?
7 x

Kittycat

Re: People on Auctions. What is something that you won that was/is usually expensive on auctions? How much did you win i

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

Burmese ruby ring just won it yesterday,$20. and an Emerald ring for $18, yesterday was lucky for me. I wanted a Burmese blue sapphire also but was outbid many times on everyone of them I've been trying for over a week to win one.
9 x

Kittycat

Re: People on Auctions. What is something that you won that was/is usually expensive on auctions? How much did you win i

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

I forgot I did win a Burmese sapphire cross also yesterday for $32. Can't win a Burmese sapphire ring though,too high.
5 x

YEET

Wow! Really? anything Burmese seems so hard to get, especially the sapphires. the only time i won anything burmese was a jade bangle. They're usually really high when they're selling, even on the auctions but some people end up paying WAY over the amount the bangle was sold for. I won one for i think 62 or 65? but it ended up not * through my hand. :< i can't return it so im just saving it, i might sell it idk. Seems like you have a classic trio! Ruby Emerald and Sapphire! But I know you'll win a Burmese sapphire ring one day! Sometimes the best items are saved for last. You just might end up winning a beautiful ring thats worth A LOT ;). I wish you luck ^^
4 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

All burmese gemstones are either diffused or flux or lead healed..Do ‘t be carried away by the name...make some research because honestly,shop lc are not crazy to let them go for $20 to $30.There is always a moderator behind...so these items are really low quality. And they still make money...You get what you pay.
6 x

YEET

Druid wrote:
3 years ago
All burmese gemstones are either diffused or flux or lead healed..Do ‘t be carried away by the name...make some research because honestly,shop lc are not crazy to let them go for $20 to $30.There is always a moderator behind...so these items are really low quality. And they still make money...You get what you pay.
That is true. Always look at details-EVERYTHING before you slap your hands on the bid button. I always like to have something natural. If it ain’t real u ain’t seein my John Hancock on nothing. The bangle I won was real jade but dyed but I was okay with that-but I wasn’t okay with it not * me though 😒
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I bought a Burmese green dyed bangle they say you can take a flashlight and see through it, a little sliver around the outer edges was all I could see through. So what is that supposed to mean. I don’t like mine but I kept it, too much hassle to try to send it back and you don’t get your money back at least not all of it. I won’t be buying any more Jade not even the white
2 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Earlier this year in the wee hours of the morning I won a Tahitian pearl ring that sold for for $59.99 or $69.99 for $2.00. Also a beautiful larimar * ring that sold for $59.99 for $10. And a pink sapphire for $8. One time I won a ruby set (sadly fissure filled) for $8 that sold for $60. I’ve gotten a lot of good deals over the years but it’s harder and harder to get good deals on the auction site. Just for fun early today I bid on a cute Swarovski cross bracelet for $1 (sells for $7.99) and won. But wouldn’t your know what of the customers currently has a monopoly on most of the Swarovski items and just won the same bracelet for $39 that I paid $1 for. She (or maybe it’s a robot) has bids on almost every Swarovski item for almost 4 times the regular selling price. If you do a search on the action site right now for Swarovski she has over $2500 in bids whereas the regular selling price for all the items - which most sold or sell for $9.99 or less - would be about $600. Either the person is the greatest salesperson in the world and can resell these for much higher, she is rich and bored, she doesn’t know any better, or it’s a bidding scam. But nothing new at SLC as you can read in old community forum posts.
5 x

YEET

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
I bought a Burmese green dyed bangle they say you can take a flashlight and see through it, a little sliver around the outer edges was all I could see through. So what is that supposed to mean. I don’t like mine but I kept it, too much hassle to try to send it back and you don’t get your money back at least not all of it. I won’t be buying any more Jade not even the white
That's crazy. That's why i didn't bother sending the small bangle I had back either- I couldn't anyway since it was on an auction. But after seeing a lot of posts and complaints I'm considering not even buying from here anymore, I haven't shopped on here since like maybe 5 years ago? And I just began a whole craze after buying a pendant. I haven't bought any jewelry since the whole mishap and hot mess of items I bought last month- it took a month to get here and a lot of the items I received were what I did not expect. The hosts be screaming on the TV, taking a whole 30 mins to an hour just to lower the price down 1 out of 10 other times on there-I only won some decor from auction, but other than that. I ain't getting nothing else from here unless it's something I'd really like and its, a f f o r d a b l e.
4 x