Bid prices

CAS1957

Bid prices

Post by CAS1957 » 3 years ago

:oops: I find that the system bids $50 for items that normally are bid at $3-$10.
I am assuming this is Shop LC watchdogs restricting bidding on these items.
If this is a clearance item then why the restrictions?
I have won several nice items at a good price but if I have won more than 1 or 2 on different days they CXL my item & say it is no longer available. Then I see it back on the auction another day.
Why don't they just say their is a quantity restriction to win these items
I am all for fair sharing but it seems some of the same names win these items over & over.
I will bid on items if they are a great price. The crappy items that are poor quality or not popular can always be won usually at $1-$2.
I always check the sale price on the regular site to see what price it is.
There seems to be ridiculously overbids on many items. I am assuming this is Shop LC watchdogs again to make you bid higher than the actual buying price.
5 x

shopLC_alex

Re: Bid prices

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good morning,

We apologize if your bidding experience has been unsatisfactory. The online bidding is automatically capped at 4x the lowest price the item was sold at when bidding manually and 2x the lowest price when setting the auto-bid. So, if an items lowest sell price was $9.99 the lowest manual will be $39 and lowest auto-bid will be $19, as the system rounds down.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@shopLC_alex
Thank you. That is useful information.
2 x

Grammy64

Post by Grammy64 » 3 years ago

So if the equation that you gave about the 4X is true then why is there a 49.00 bid on most of these items that have sell for 5.99-9.99? I have noticed on the eternity Swarovski zirconia bands will only let me place a max bid of 39.00 even though I know someone is going to come along and put a 49.00 bid and then I am not allowed to place a 50.00 I am told that it is too high for this item place a lower bid but it is already at the 49.00. There are a handful of people who are getting the privilege of being able to place these higher bids even though it won’t let me. I have sent numerous emails and have called also. But Shop LC isn’t returning any of my emails or calls! That is horrible customer service! I think that this company is not living up to their “Delivering Joy” motto!
3 x

buyitall

Post by buyitall » 3 years ago

I have just about given up on the auction site. I see a lot of people winning items at double or more than they could actually buy it for on the regular website....and they could get budget pay there! Also, I recently typed in a gemstone on the auction site. There were only about 12 items of jewelry up for bids. This one persons name was high bidder on every single one. I bid a reasonable price but no matter how high I go this person always has a ridiculous max bid. Why would I pay more for an auction item when I can get the same item cheaper on the regular website. Better yet, why would THEY? When I first started on the auction site it was fun and I was actually getting some good deals. But through time it has changed. Really tired of the ridiculous people bidding extremely high bids and, of course, always winning. Not fun anymore. I don’t know if these people are dealers or just people who have more money than sense.
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

WAY more money than sense. :lol:
4 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

shopLC_alex wrote:
3 years ago
Good morning,

We apologize if your bidding experience has been unsatisfactory. The online bidding is automatically capped at 4x the lowest price the item was sold at when bidding manually and 2x the lowest price when setting the auto-bid. So, if an items lowest sell price was $9.99 the lowest manual will be $39 and lowest auto-bid will be $19, as the system rounds down.
Hi Alex!

Either the $39 cap on a $9.99 item is not correct or the bid system isn’t working correctly. One day recently I was so frustrated that I took a screen shot of at least 20 Swarovski items that sold at $5.99 - $9.99 that had bids if $49 each, all at the same time. There was even a pair of stainless steel hoop earrings with Swarovski crystals that SLC sold for $9.99 that had a bid of $64.00. I saved the screen shots if you’d like to see them. There are issues with the auction site that have discouraged many of us from bidding. Recently I bid on a non Swarovski bracelet in the wee hours of the morning. At the last minute I was outbid, and then a bidding war ensued during the last seconds between that person and another person with my name. The person with my name won. It was not me. The bid history showed I lost but the bidder with my same name won. Either it is coincidental that a bidder with my name, whose name I didn’t see them any other item, bid in the wee hours of the morning on the exact item I tried to win, or there is something fishy going on with the auction system. It’s happened to me a number of times. It’s hard to trust SLC’s auction system.
2 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good afternoon,

We're sorry for the inconvenience , please contact me at alex.washington@tjc.tv with the item numbers for the merchandise in question and we can research the issue further to help find a resolution.
0 x