Be an informed bidder

Sea_Hag

Re: Be an informed bidder

Post by Sea_Hag » 4 years ago

Yes, being informed is key to success on the $1 auctions. I've also seen prices on certain items go sky high as someone else mentioned so it definitely takes information and time/patience to be successful on the auction page. I like that option and have gotten some outrageous deals on genuine gemstone and precious metal pieces.
3 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Seems like someone must have a jade store with initials j she over bids all jade in ready to quit this she should ho.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Jeanne: You are correct. This guy named Grey won twice a pair of Garnet earrings. It's obvious that he did pay for the first win and I don't know if pay for the second one.I tried to bid four times (each bid that I made was on a different day) I lost the bid on those earrings. But I took a picture of them, because I like the design. I would buy those red garnets on a different site or if Shop LC offer them. I have had a good experience buying loose gems from the ShopLC when they were known as the Liquidation Channel.
2 x

Margui

Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
Seems like someone must have a jade store with initials j she over bids all jade in ready to quit this she should ho.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boston Irish: Just let her buy all the Jade (green, blue, pink, purple and yellow). That Jade is dyed. The only one that is not is the California Black Jade.
5 x

CindyM

Post by CindyM » 4 years ago

I previously seen myself bidding on items that I'd never buy. I called customer service to question how i could be bidding. They removed my name from the auctions but it makes me wonder because it was my user name and i didnt even bid. I've also won auctions at a really good deal and they'd cancel my order telling me it's unavailabe only to have them relist the items. I'm guessing because the auctions didnt go high enough. I believe there are phantom bidders. Sorry but i really believe sometimes they do this. I have gotten good deals but this makes me wonder. Am i the only one to experience this?
4 x

Peggy

Post by Peggy » 4 years ago

So all the jade on this show is dyed? I recently had a jeweler tell me that? I am really Disappointed, does it say that somewhere?
1 x

Kharailee

Post by Kharailee » 4 years ago

Yes, it does say dyed jade in the description.
2 x

Margui

Dyed Jade is C jade. It can be bleached too. And that Jade is not that durable. According to the Masón Kay website the value of C Jade is only $2-$20. The only Jade that is durable is A Jade which is natural and treated with beeswax only. This technique is done centuries ago. Beeswax doesn't alter the Jade. B, C, D jades are bleached with acid, polymer, impregnated and dyed. Nephrite and Jadeite are the two types of Jade. At least the ShopLC disclosed that is Jade and not another gem like Aventurine, Serpentine, Maw Sit-Sit. Jadeite Jade is so expensive. Nephrite Jade is expensive too but more affordable, but lately the prices of Nephrite Jade are increasing. Did you know that the finest Nephrite Jade was used on the 2008 Olympic Medals in Beijing? For me, they are the most beautiful medals. Love Jade (no matter the type). It's one of my favorite gems.
4 x

Consumer1

Post by Consumer1 » 4 years ago

Why do some people bid way more than the item is worth? On most items it is possible to check the Shop LC price either for the item itself or one similar. The resellers bid prices so high that nobody else stands a chance. I think they just want to "win" the auction. What's more, if they are actually purchasing these items they must have more money than Oprah and Trump combined!!! I'd like to get just one large caret ring. But either Martha or Merilee ruin it every time. If I could get that large ring, I'd quit trying to bid against them!
4 x

Nonny

Post by Nonny » 4 years ago

I agree. The Chaos bags are 30% off for another hour and cheaper if you just order one.
2 x