Regarding Overbidders on Auctions - Re-Posting

Catticus

Regarding Overbidders on Auctions - Re-Posting

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I understand that SLC is certainly NOT going to prevent a bidder from purchasing items, especially if a bidder is paying four or more times what the items can simply be purchased for. If a bidder is paying, as stated in the Auction Guidelines, the bidder is not breaking any rules.

But would this not apply in your Auction Rules?

"Placing excessive bids on items with the intent to hinder the shopping experience on Shop LC's $1 Online Auctions platform, may lead to corrective actions, including restrictions of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and/or legal proceedings."

It is obvious that there are bidders, even if they are paying for the items they've won, who ARE "hindering the Shopping Experience" for your customers.

I realize "intent" is hard to prove because it is a "feeling." But so many (99%) of your customers are "feeling" "hindered" in their "Shopping Experience" because of those who are placing bids of excessively high amounts on auction items, making it impossible to reasonably win any items.

Nobody who is dealing with this issue is going to bid 10 times higher than an already excessively overinflated bid.

Not even those who CAN AFFORD to do so.

From what I have read regarding this issue, it is my opinion that those who practice this type of bidding are DEFINITELY hindering your customers' shopping experience. Which is against your Auction Guideline Rules.
6 x

RS

Re: Regarding Overbidders on Auctions - Re-Posting

Post by RS » 4 years ago

@Catticus

Drop the MIC...🎤
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
I understand that SLC is certainly NOT going to prevent a bidder from purchasing items, especially if a bidder is paying four or more times what the items can simply be purchased for. If a bidder is paying, as stated in the Auction Guidelines, the bidder is not breaking any rules.

"Placing excessive bids on items with the intent to hinder the shopping experience on Shop LC's $1 Online Auctions platform, may lead to corrective actions, including restrictions of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and/or legal proceedings."

It is obvious that there are bidders, even if they are paying for the items they've won, who ARE "hindering the Shopping Experience" for your customers.

I realize "intent" is hard to prove because it is a "feeling." But so many (99%) of your customers are "feeling" "hindered" in their "Shopping Experience" because of those who are placing bids of excessively high amounts on auction items, making it impossible to reasonably win any items.

Nobody who is dealing with this issue is going to bid 10 times higher than an already excessively overinflated bid.

From what I have read regarding this issue, it is my opinion that those who practice this type of bidding are DEFINITELY hindering your customers' shopping experience. Which is against your Auction Guideline Rules.
Good morning,

Thank you so very much for your post! We deeply apologize that some bidders are making your auction experience less than pleasant. We recommend if you run into overbidders, please email us with the names and item numbers, and we will be able to conduct an investigation on our end. We have also forwarded your comments directly to our innovations team and online auction team so they can review it and see if there could be some sort of restriction in the future. Thank you again for your post, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning,

Thank you so very much for your post! We deeply apologize that some bidders are making your auction experience less than pleasant. We recommend if you run into overbidders, please email us with the names and item numbers, and we will be able to conduct an investigation on our end. We have also forwarded your comments directly to our innovations team and online auction team so they can review it and see if there could be some sort of restriction in the future. Thank you again for your post, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
THANK YOU PRESTON! 💗
🌹🌺😊🌺💞🥰💞🌺😊🌺🌹
3 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

Which email should we use to report overbidders?
Should we report anyone that bids higher than the current online price?
I am correct that if they overbid, without completing the purchase, they will be frozen out for awhile?
Bluez
0 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

bluez wrote:
4 years ago
Which email should we use to report overbidders?
Should we report anyone that bids higher than the current online price?
I am correct that if they overbid, without completing the purchase, they will be frozen out for awhile?
Bluez
Good Evening, bluez!

Please feel free to send the information to our Customer Service email, customerservice@shoplc.com. Any bids you believe to be suspicious, or clearly meant to be overbidding can be reported.

Additionally, when we notice the user has shown to be making numerous bids with no pattern of payment or intention for completing their orders, then we do move forward with the corrective action on their account.

I hope this information assists with your inquiry!

Best Regards,
Connor
4 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

I’m sooooooo happy to see this thread....I was about to start another thread on how we REALLY need to STOP MERILEE and now there’s some new bidders out there doing the same thing! Ughhhhhh! It’s absolutely impossible to bid on any “Premium” items and win them for less than the price listed on the catalog side....thus defeating the entire reason for using the rising auctions! I’m going to deluge Customer Service with items she has overbid but I doubt anything will be done because like Customer Service told me before...she’s still buying the items she wins cheaply! I fear we are doomed! 😢
2 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
I’m sooooooo happy to see this thread....I was about to start another thread on how we REALLY need to STOP MERILEE and now there’s some new bidders out there doing the same thing! Ughhhhhh! It’s absolutely impossible to bid on any “Premium” items and win them for less than the price listed on the catalog side....thus defeating the entire reason for using the rising auctions! I’m going to deluge Customer Service with items she has overbid but I doubt anything will be done because like Customer Service told me before...she’s still buying the items she wins cheaply! I fear we are doomed! 😢
I'm starting to think that Merilee and Martha are together or the same person because I've been watching bid histories and they NEVER bid against each other even though they seem to like the same items.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
I'm starting to think that Merilee and Martha are together or the same person because I've been watching bid histories and they NEVER bid against each other even though they seem to like the same items.
🤨Now THAT SLC can verify. No idea if it’s against the rules though.
3 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

It seems like this new over bidder Marilyn never bids against MERILEE and visa versa. Probably MERILEE opened new account to scare off this new Sharon chick. ...And the drama continues...
5 x