Overbidding Trolls, Good Grief

SeaBee

Overbidding Trolls, Good Grief

Post by SeaBee » 3 years ago

The overbidders have gotten on my nerves today. I usually just ignore it and hope to see an item relisted to bid on it later. I have been trying to win this bracelet, and now I am just completely annoyed. So here I am reporting it. If these are just silly people that actually pay this much for something, then so be it. If they are rotten accounts, Mods please banish them! I wish SLC had the ability to ban IP addresses, because I am certain the same people are just making new spam accounts over and over again. Not going to post every listing because that would take forever, but hopefully this gives you a head start:

Susan and Pamela ran this one up to 260 dollars. Meanwhile, the same bracelet is for sale right now for 76 dollars.
https://www.shoplc.com/auction.action?pk=9710361141674

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by SeaBee 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gem Lover

Re: Overbidding Trolls, Good Grief

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

There is a jacket I have been trying to win for over a month now and the over bidders run the price way up so I stop bidding but I know they are not buying it because after the payment time runs out it goes back up for auction and there has been only one of these jackets in this size so I know it is the same one and there is none on the regular website and has not been for a long time If shop LC got rid of these people they would have sold this jacket a long time ago. This is just nuts.
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Well, it’s about time they sell Swarovski Crystals on air, can’t get them from the RA. BECAUSE OF THE TROLLS. I MENTIONED THIS A WHILE BACK SELL THEM ON AIR.
3 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

I have been having same problem same bidder everyday for a month I have up.😞🍀
4 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good morning,

Thank you for reporting these bids. I'm unsure how Susan's account was able to bid as she was locked out a while back, but I've taken some extra precautions to block the account fully. Linda on the other hand is a real person. Sorry this keeps happening, please let us know if you see anything else.
4 x

SeaBee

Post by SeaBee » 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I want to share something I found out. I was looking at the history of an auction that I had put a higher autobid on after an initial lower bid. Apparently if someone else puts in a higher bid, the way it displays it looks like you upped the bid on yourself. (My apologies to Linda!)

Thank you Alex for dealing with the other troll accounts.
3 x