Moderators! Yet again a bidding bully on RA- 2nd one today

shopLC_alex

Re: Moderators! Yet again a bidding bully on RA- 2nd one today

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
3 years ago
THEY DON'T CARE. THEY JUST WANT TO GET THE MOST THEY CAN FOR THE ITEMS. When one could change names daily I think they'd come back the next day - with new names - to do it over again. One of the hosts made a "prediction" a few months ago that Shop Low Cost was going to be priced out of market from Swarovsky. I thought they (SLC) made the items and then marked them with d'joy. Isn't this misrepresentation??
Good morning,

We do care, and we aim to do as much as possible to help you feel that we do. Once an account has been blocked that email and phone number are locked out of our system. The customer then can't even log in to change the name. Even changing the name after a momentary ban does not change the customer code associated with the account, so we are still able to keep track of repeat offenders. Something that we cannot control, but are currently looking into, is new accounts being created. Which is what we are seeing in these newer cases of false bids. We appreciate your feedback and continuously look to it to help improve your shopping experience. Any suggestions are gladly welcomed.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Dollars to donuts these people are using a proxy server to continue to make new accounts.

Find a way to block proxy servers and most of those over bidder issues will cease.
4 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

Being new to the $1 auctions I was disappointed to see this is a recurring issue.

I first noticed overbidding/multiple bids a couple of days ago and chalked it up to ‘resellers’. However tonight, I tried to purchase a ring and noticed that it sold for $100 and the actual price probably was $59 or $79. So doing a little further looking, I found that the particular ‘bidder’ was listed as bidding/winning on 25 of 55 auctions on a page search for a composite gem. Furthermore, if these auctions were ended immediately she would have been on the hook for over $1500. Keep in mind this was MY search for a specific gem, it makes me wonder how many other auctions she was actually involved in.
I called and discussed this with customer service and they were very professional and helpful and explained that they would pass on the pertinent information.
We all have a lot of things to worry about and jewelry is not something I am going to get ’twisted’ about, that being said, this kind of auction behavior is at minimum, frustrating but at maximum is enough to make a person disinterested in an ENTIRE ‘portfolio’ side of a companies business.
Heck, the very reason I checked out the $1 auctions is BECAUSE of the pandemic and sitting in front of the TV for too long.
It appears if you win auctions and decide you don’t want to pay you are not penalized or charged. Well, to me, if there is not the understanding that ‘we-shoplc’ will charge your on-file credit card for the full amount (or some amount) of the auction final price then there is no deterrent to overbidding and over “auctioning”. Which, leaves me with several questions. Why don’t we all bid, then bid again, and then bid some more and if we don’t like the final auction price, we just don’t pay? Who actually is bidding? Are these bidders ‘legit’? Why should I frustrate myself by participating in auctions that appear dubious?

Sincerely,

About To Walk Away From $1 Auctions
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Welcome @RikkM ...

That kind of activity is the reason why I walked away from the RA a long time ago. I never go there anymore. Not worth any frustrations.
2 x

RikkM

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Welcome @RikkM ...

That kind of activity is the reason why I walked away from the RA a long time ago. I never go there anymore. Not worth any frustrations.
thanks RS,
I have previously noted a complaint with customer service (via email - with no response) about clearance pricing. ie. prices of items that were 'clearanced' previously like a couple weeks ago, and then showed up in the new year clearance sale at a price higher than the previous clearance price.
These issues have left a very bad impression and need to be shared.

Once Again,

Unimpressed and Disappointed
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

@RikkM if you browse around the forum for even just a bit you will find numerous complaints exactly like yours and scores of others.
2 x

RikkM

RS wrote:
3 years ago
@RikkM if you browse around the forum for even just a bit you will find numerous complaints exactly like yours and scores of others.
thanks again RS,

I would like to think differently than how I do right now about shoplc but these postings that I am reading leave me with few doubts as to my original skepticism about this company.
Anyone I have spoken with at CS level have been fantastic, but they are NOT the ones making the business decisions that leave customers feeling so alienated. I am pretty sure I know exactly what I will recommend to any of my fellow jewelry shoppers....

Cheers
3 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Talk about OVERBIDDERS! Looks like DOROTHY is having Fun with the Jade auctions 😠😱👎🍀
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
3 years ago
THEY DON'T CARE. THEY JUST WANT TO GET THE MOST THEY CAN FOR THE ITEMS. When one could change names daily I think they'd come back the next day - with new names - to do it over again. One of the hosts made a "prediction" a few months ago that Shop Low Cost was going to be priced out of market from Swarovsky. I thought they (SLC) made the items and then marked them with d'joy. Isn't this misrepresentation??
I don't think they can change their name daily. One name change every 30 days. If they have multiple names, then they need multiple emails too.
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

DoubleLshopper wrote:
3 years ago
If you would have listened Koolaid, Blake explained this situation thoroughly the other day. He stated that SLC had purchased one million crystals from Swarovski. With the purchase of the crystals it gave SLC use of Swarovski’s proprietary colors and designs. The crystals are then used to make jewelry at SLC. He also stated that Swarovski was no longer going to sale to third parties.
Well, many of us have learned not to watch anymore. Who wants to watch hours of unprofessional nonsense to weed out tiny nuggets of useable info? Seriously.
1 x