Mods!!! Now it is Laurie Peee U (yes that is her bidding name and it fits

JewelryQueen

Mods!!! Now it is Laurie Peee U (yes that is her bidding name and it fits

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Laurie Peee U has the following bids and has had high bid on almost every item in this category all day so she must owe you thousands. Just a sample...

Bids....Item #
$41 3096792
$49 3685050
$44 3589085
$49 3640881
$39 3269060
$49 3694551
$44 3641354
$39 3516460
$48 3603095
$49 3694283
$49 3546911

$500 bid for $110 worth??? Really???
4 x

JA

Re: Mods!!! Now it is Laurie Peee U (yes that is her bidding name and it fits

Post by JA » 3 years ago

That ivory cardigan I tried to get My bid $1 was there until the last second. Someone bid $23 for the item that sold on a Friday for $9.99. :evil:
3 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

In the short time I have been able to read the forums and various topics, it has become crystal clear the business model that is being followed. When I first tuned in, during the 25 weeks of annual year end and Christmas clearance event (soon to be followed by another week and a half of New Years Clearance) and my 'scam-o-meter' was going off the charts. The way that the presenters and hosts 'used car salesman-ed' you over the course of the various auctions, the pricing and re-pricing of the same clearance items etc. the list goes on and on. I decided to check out the forums and BAM here are all the things that I was concerned about, in writing, from customers like @JewelryQueen, @JA, and others. Overbidding is rampant with NO obvious penalties and this has been going on forever, even with myriad complaints to CS and MODS. I bet if everyone engaged in that behavior, all the time, or all at once maybe something would be done. Heck, the jury is still out as to whether or not these 'bidders' are even real. The 'gems' used have been called into question, fissure filled and various mines that are less than good quality are common practice. It's clear a lot of the jewelry is more affordable and therefore the quality is reflected as such. That is ok for most folks but where is the up-front honesty about it? When you read posts like @Glamazon, it's a shame, what a nightmare.
I for one now have realized, I have been misguided in the way I have been watching the broadcast and getting irritated with the RA.
RA is easy enough, just walk away. The shenanigans that go on there are obnoxious.
:arrow:
Last edited by RikkM 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

The broadcast? well now, that, has become my new source of entertainment. I like to settle in with a cup of coffee in the am and channel surf, invariably landing on the LC to get me a little giggle. The 'dead space' from time to time, the obvious snafu's and real (and mostly fake) "oops we made a pricing error". Night time is also great for fun times. I mean come on folks, where can you get such gems of wisdom like:
  • As long as you have a neck, you are gonna love this piece (a description by presenter for a pendant)
  • this ring would look good on any finger (I guess as opposed to your neck?)
  • look at the quality on this thing (a description by presenter of an electric blue snake/lizard/leopard print handbag with a sheen so brilliant I bet you could see your reflection in it on a cloudy day.
Don't forget your daily dose of humiliation with Tony asking in that singularly disapproving way, “Do you UNDERSTAND the deal that is in front of you? - Do you REALIZE what’s on the table?” I keep waiting for him to call us idiots for not blowing up the phone lines.
Cheryl constantly screaming and telling the cameramen, “Can I talk to you for a sec?” ie put the camera back on me so I can holler more.
I especially get a charge out of the mispronunciation of so many of the auction items, or contents and the like. One of my faves is when I hear one of the presenters selling fragrance saying over and over again, awwwwwwe dayyyyyy parfyooom only to be outdone by her co-presenter when she says, oooooooo deeeeee pahrr fyoom. Folks you just have to laugh. I love it.
I have found my new favorite pastime. So until next cup of coffee or tea and a little giggle....cheers
4 x

Moderator_Rashad

Post by Moderator_Rashad » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago

Laurie Peee U has the following bids and has had high bid on almost every item in this category all day so she must owe you thousands. Just a sample...

Bids....Item #
$41 3096792
$49 3685050
$44 3589085
$49 3640881
$39 3269060
$49 3694551
$44 3641354
$39 3516460
$48 3603095
$49 3694283
$49 3546911

$500 bid for $110 worth??? Really???
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. I apologize for any concern with overbidding. I've actioned the account in question and taken appropriate steps to ensure proper bidding practices.
1 x