Repick failed and now item is relisted as an auction

BabsTheBatgirl

Repick failed and now item is relisted as an auction

Post by BabsTheBatgirl » 3 years ago

Has anyone had this happen before? I had won an auction for a ring and got an email about a repick. A few days after that I got the dreaded email saying that I was getting a refund. No option, just couldn't find it so refund. Which is disappointing but fine, it happens.
My problem is that now, less than a month than being told that the item couldn't be found the EXACT same item is on the auction page and currently going for more than I had won it for. And yes, it is the EXACT same. I compared the item number to the one from my Order History page and it's the same size. Is this something that happens often? It seems very shady to not be able to find something that was won for a good price and then relist it a week or two later.
I did call customer service, but the only thing I was told was to put a higher bid on it and IF I win it then call back and they'll adjust it to the price I had won it for originally.

EDIT: The auction has ended and I've called ShopLC. After having the first call dropped, the second customer service agent was able to help me and the refund was processed as promised after I'd won the items and paid for them while on the phone. I've also made a request for a note to be left that if there's a repick this time, I'd like a phone call instead of just the blank email. I really hope the ring comes this time because it's absolutely beautiful. Still, I think I'm going to be taking a break from ShopLC after this regardless since there seems to be some real problems with some of the listings on the auctions and although repicks aren't incredibly common, they're more common than I would like and I don't think they've ever found the item, though this seems to prove to me that it's there somewhere.
Last edited by BabsTheBatgirl 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Harlequin

Re: Repick failed and now item is relisted as an auction

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I would NOT DO THAT, they say they will give it to for what you won it for on the first try????? I’ll BET NOT, don’t fall for that.
1 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
I would NOT DO THAT, they say they will give it to for what you won it for on the first try????? I’ll BET NOT, don’t fall for that.
Agree 1000%. Don’t do it.
1 x

BabsTheBatgirl

I'm going to call as soon as the auction ends and not check out until I get someone on the line who can actually do what the dude I talked to before said. But, geez, I'm really ticked off and I do want the ring. But I think after this I may not deal with ShopLC for a while. This isn't the first problem I've had with an auction. I had some glitch once that said I won an auction but it didn't show up anywhere in my Bid History section or in my cart. Just an email saying I won it and the cart showing a 1 over it, but when I clicked in, nothing. And then there was the listing that showed the wrong picture for the auction so I thought I was getting a yellow tanzanite when it was just a regular one, which fortunately was still very pretty and I like regular tanzanite, but it was kind of disappointing that it wasn't the more unusual yellow that it showed. And then there was the loose stone that was listed as 1.67 carats and I can still look up from my Order History and is listed as that, but when it arrived it was FAR under a carat in weight. I ended up keeping it since I'd won it for cheap and it would have cost more to send it back than what I'd paid for it to begin with. So, clearly the auction system has issues and this is probably the final straw for me.
3 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

BabsTheBatgirl wrote:
3 years ago
I'm going to call as soon as the auction ends and not check out until I get someone on the line who can actually do what the dude I talked to before said. But, geez, I'm really ticked off and I do want the ring. But I think after this I may not deal with ShopLC for a while. This isn't the first problem I've had with an auction. I had some glitch once that said I won an auction but it didn't show up anywhere in my Bid History section or in my cart. Just an email saying I won it and the cart showing a 1 over it, but when I clicked in, nothing. And then there was the listing that showed the wrong picture for the auction so I thought I was getting a yellow tanzanite when it was just a regular one, which fortunately was still very pretty and I like regular tanzanite, but it was kind of disappointing that it wasn't the more unusual yellow that it showed. And then there was the loose stone that was listed as 1.67 carats and I can still look up from my Order History and is listed as that, but when it arrived it was FAR under a carat in weight. I ended up keeping it since I'd won it for cheap and it would have cost more to send it back than what I'd paid for it to begin with. So, clearly the auction system has issues and this is probably the final straw for me.
BabsTheBatgirl wrote:
3 years ago
Has anyone had this happen before? I had won an auction for a ring and got an email about a repick. A few days after that I got the dreaded email saying that I was getting a refund. No option, just couldn't find it so refund. Which is disappointing but fine, it happens.
My problem is that now, less than a month than being told that the item couldn't be found the EXACT same item is on the auction page and currently going for more than I had won it for. And yes, it is the EXACT same. I compared the item number to the one from my Order History page and it's the same size. Is this something that happens often? It seems very shady to not be able to find something that was won for a good price and then relist it a week or two later.
I did call customer service, but the only thing I was told was to put a higher bid on it and IF I win it then call back and they'll adjust it to the price I had won it for originally.
Do it! It doesn’t matter how high you have to bid. They will make the price adjustment before you pay. Call CS after you win, but before you pay. I have done this a couple of times. It’s been about a year or more since I’ve done it, but it worked for me. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
6 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

I got an email about a repick fail I didn't have the first clue about what that meant. I just deleted it. I'm so glad I found this community a couple of months ago I'm learning a lot and I like the people here too
5 x

BabsTheBatgirl

About how long does it take for a refund to show? Because I can see on my paypal and bank statement about the amount I won the auction for THIS time (which, by the by is almost twice the listed price from the website) but I don't see anything yet about a pending refund, even though the customer service rep I was on the line with when I checked out said he processed the refund moments after I had finalized the purchase. When I sent an email to customer service just to put my mind at ease about it they sent back an email that said they don't offer lowest price guarantees on RAs? Which is NOT what I asked, but now I'm afraid some higher up saw the refund and canceled it.
Could one of the mods on here please help reassure me? Because not only am I not inclined to shop with ShopLC again right now but I'm also wondering if I shouldn't be leaving a complaint with the BBB since I was told I'd get the refund by two different associates and, in fact, was told that it had been sent through right after I'd made the purchase. Otherwise I NEVER would have bought the ring for such an exorbitant amount.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

BabsTheBatgirl wrote:
3 years ago
About how long does it take for a refund to show? Because I can see on my paypal and bank statement about the amount I won the auction for THIS time (which, by the by is almost twice the listed price from the website) but I don't see anything yet about a pending refund, even though the customer service rep I was on the line with when I checked out said he processed the refund moments after I had finalized the purchase. When I sent an email to customer service just to put my mind at ease about it they sent back an email that said they don't offer lowest price guarantees on RAs? Which is NOT what I asked, but now I'm afraid some higher up saw the refund and canceled it.
Could one of the mods on here please help reassure me? Because not only am I not inclined to shop with ShopLC again right now but I'm also wondering if I shouldn't be leaving a complaint with the BBB since I was told I'd get the refund by two different associates and, in fact, was told that it had been sent through right after I'd made the purchase. Otherwise I NEVER would have bought the ring for such an exorbitant amount.
@Moderator_Preston

Can you Please assist BabsTheBatgirl with this issue. She needs MODS assistance

Thanks !
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

BabsTheBatgirl wrote:
3 years ago
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I deeply apologize that your refund hasn't posted yet. It can take up 3 - 5 business days for the refund to post to your account and once a refund is processed, it is unable to be "cancelled". If you could, please email customerservice@shoplc.com with my name in the subject line so we can look into this and confirm the refund.
2 x