Over bidding

DietIcedTea

Over bidding

Post by DietIcedTea » 3 years ago

Come on people...do your homework.
I see so much overbidding...save by just checking out the clearance section.
I saw a bid just now for a lamp at $31...it sells for $19.99
7 x

JA

Re: Over bidding

Post by JA » 3 years ago

I don't understand these people overbidding on items. I can only conclude they do not watch the Live tv why else would they overbid on an item they could have gotten for $9.99. Now I only go to the online auctions not to bid, but to watch how ridiculously high these bids can get. Now if I see something I like I look on the website and sometimes I find it for cheaper than the auction.
8 x

DietIcedTea

Post by DietIcedTea » 3 years ago

Same here. I made the mistake once. I figured it out and end up with great prices regularly
It is fun to watch the bidding
5 x

Jacee

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

Don't know if you all knew..at some auctions..there are " plants"..that " up the prices" " for the house"
Don't know about here.
Enjoy your watching.
4 x

...barefoot...

Post by ...barefoot... » 3 years ago

Jacee wrote:
3 years ago
Don't know if you all knew..at some auctions..there are " plants"..that " up the prices" " for the house"
Don't know about here.
Enjoy your watching.
"Shill bidding" is the correct term, and in most states/jurisdictions it is illegal, so I doubt that anyone here is bidding "for the house."
2 x

Jacee

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

T Y...barefoot...for that clarification! ;)
2 x

Elian

Post by Elian » 3 years ago

Quite a few brainless ppl overbid by $500 on a sleeping beauty necklace several weeks ago. The regular price of the necklace is $499 until now.
2 x

josey

Post by josey » 3 years ago

Maybe a MODERATOR is needed......"P" is at is again on the gold. crowding out real bidders. she puts in very high max bids. Could this be the same person as "Paula" who was doing this months ago??

How do i get a mderator, or someone who works at LC to look into this?? :cry:
3 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Josef:....Start a new thread....ATTENTION MODERATORS...it may get their attention today or tomorrow. The only thing is, Moderators will block these people if necessary but, they come back under some one else. Good LUCK 🍀.....H. Explain to mods. What is going on
1 x

Zoe

Post by Zoe » 2 years ago

This is Zoe. Just posted about over bidding. What I don’t understand is why it has gotten so much worse recently. Emmally in jewelry has always been placing high bids but this stuff with Melissa is so much worse. She places max bids on crazy amounts of items. Bids are close to or over $100!! What ??
2 x