No more free shipping over $50 ends today

Tothemoon

Re: No more free shipping over $50 ends today

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

I agree with Aki in regards to the customer service department. It has become a waste of time. I’m sure SLC is able to pay these offshore employees less than the U.S. employees but all that you get from these offshore employees is a canned scripted response that does not help one bit. I shudder at the thought of having to call customer service. It makes me want to pull my hair out. I feel that every customer service rep should be required to work at the home office for at least a short time to see how the basics of each operational department works. And since this is likely out of the question since most of the reps seem to be located outside of this country than customers should be given a phone number to be able to contact the home office directly. SLC needs to have many more Danielles, Prestons and Connors to help us.
10 x

Moondance

Post by Moondance » 3 years ago

Quick update, one day after the end of 'free shipping' on $1 Auction purchases whose total was $50 or more: After checking ALL of my Personal Favorites in the $1 Auctions, there is little to no competition in bidding (most have not even been bid on) except for those items whose retail value exceeds $1,000.00. Again, I think that ShopLC will find that requiring customers to purchase ALL winning bid items in order to qualify for "free shipping" will cause many customers to no longer bid unless they are completely committed to that item. As I always purchased $50.00 or more in winning auction bids, there were many times that I purchased winning bids that I wasn't originally committed to in order to qualify for the free shipping. In addition, many times I would find the exact same product still available from ShopLC's regular stock for much less than what the final bid was. Then, I had the option of allowing the overpriced auction bid to be returned to open bidding once the hold timed out, purchasing the less expensive item from ShopLC's regular stock. In one of my last purchases (which I cancelled), I had so many items that the shipping was almost 2/3's of the total cost. As I am not the only customer who resells as well as redesigns what I purchase, I cannot work with that much of a mark-up. And, as I have worked in shipping for several companies, I know what it most likely costs ShopLC to ship --- and it is not what I was asked to pay. Lastly, ShopLC has NOT removed the $50/free shipping from any of the other areas of purchase, including Clearance. Why has this policy changed for the $1 Auctions? As much as I have loved all of the items (committed to or not) that I have purchased from the $1 Auctions, this policy will reduce if not completely eliminate any further purchases from the $1 Auctions, and most likely I am not the only customer who is resigned to this. Cheers!
11 x

Zus5

Post by Zus5 » 3 years ago

I’m confused. If one signs up for auto pay one has to buy everything in their history
Sometimes I double check the reviews &if they are bad i decide against the item
Also frequently the same item will pop up again & I get it for much lower price
That doesn’t mean I want both of them

So basically you are telling us we have to pay for everything we think we want on online auction
I have spent a great deal of money buying items for a charity fund raiser
If I have to pay $3 per item for shipping I’m overpaying for lots of items
If this continues I will stop being an LC shopper
10 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Every auction site that I've used has rules against bidding on something , winning but refusing to pay. Ebay, Shopgoodwill are two that will suspend your account for not paying for your wins. It creates work for slc to relist and other customers are losing out until it gets relisted. I think if slc changed their rules so that you get 3 non paying strikes and then suspended. Maybe they don't do this because so many auction bidders just create a new account. I'm just blown away that customers think it's ok to keep trying for a lower price but don't want to be saddled with more than one of an item. That's not how auctions work.
7 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

You said that right Gemsnob, they create new accounts 🥴
5 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Every auction site that I've used has rules against bidding on something , winning but refusing to pay. Ebay, Shopgoodwill are two that will suspend your account for not paying for your wins. It creates work for slc to relist and other customers are losing out until it gets relisted. I think if slc changed their rules so that you get 3 non paying strikes and then suspended. Maybe they don't do this because so many auction bidders just create a new account. I'm just blown away that customers think it's ok to keep trying for a lower price but don't want to be saddled with more than one of an item. That's not how auctions work.
This statement is on the SLC Auction and Bidding Help page:

Can I retract or cancel my bid?
You can't retract, remove, or cancel a bid. When you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder.
4 x

josey

Post by josey » 3 years ago

I think ShopLC, or Liquidation channel as it used to be called, is totally correct in letting auction winners NOT have to pay for the item he/she won. That has been their success. I have been playing this auction for over 10 years! It makes people bid. It makes people be relaxed with bidding, so they get more customers. So what if it has to go into circulation again. I am totally against crazy overbidders, but that is not the topic here.

I buy a lot of higher priced jewelry in the auction, and I SHOULD have the right to change my mind if I win, and I dislike that now i have to pay another $3 for shipping (on top of a high tax rate) unless I join that auto pay thing. This works against the customers. I am disappointed. Just ordered a few rings I won before this unfortunate new policy. I just "won" something around 300 (14K gold) and on top of a high tax, i get clunked with another $3 for shipping? No. They will find they have fewer bidders. :roll: It's quite.....I don't know how to put it, cheap? of them to now charge me shipping on a higher priced item, when for years I didnt have to pay it. What would I have to do? turn on and off an autopay feature?
8 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Post by Eve » 3 years ago

After living with it for a couple of days now and placing some orders i can say with confidence that the business of reseller s the are going to loose.most of us do not get the luxury of starring at the auction screen all day! So one has to place bids way in advance which means no autopay!! Got to watch th budged and if one wins to many items u are scre....d.hmmmm so here is my conclusion.i will come here for some items i might like where ok am willing to pay the shipping but resale items will come from elsewhere! The shipping was a bad idea on their part. Second reason gor me ...I would never sighn up for autopay because there are way tooooo many problems with items broken...missen...wrong...and. So on.most of ya know what i am talking about!! As of right now customer servic we is non existing ! I gave them many thousands of dollars over the years but its just always something.so they would have to fix alotof things before i would even concider doing autopay.
Sorry but thats it plain and simple!
Plus
I am still waitingon items that i orderd over 3 weeks ago!!! So if i know i had to shut down because of weather and have less people due to corona and the post ofice is a hot mess now.... In order to make people happy and not loose customer s i use ups temporarily to get items out fast! Just good business sense.

But no DHL And post office.
Sooooo.....
6 x

Moderator_Rashad

Post by Moderator_Rashad » 3 years ago

Kat wrote:
3 years ago
Got an email earlier today. No more free shipping over $50 in the ra starting tomorrow. Today is the last day. So if you want something get it. Unless, you sign up for their program for free shipping. If you put a credit card on file. Everyone have a great day!!! 😊💗
Good Morning,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused we are looking into you're account and customer service will be in touch with you shortly.
3 x

aki

Post by aki » 3 years ago

Thought I would post an update also. So, from the website, this is the policy:

Online Auction AutoPay is a feature, that when you opt-in, automatically processes the payment for all Online Auction items that you won at 12:00am CST (midnight) the day after the item is won. This feature saves you time by making the payment for Online Auction easy and automatic.

You must opt-in for this feature to be activated on your account.
You will be asked to set up your billing and shipping preferences the first time you click on “Online Auction AutoPay” button on the Online Auction page
You may manage your Online Auction AutoPay billing and shipping information, or turn off this feature, at any time by logging into your account.
Please note that if you turn off the Online Auction AutoPay feature, it will take a few minutes to process. You may also turn this feature back on at any time by logging into your account. Please note that Online Auction AutoPay cannot be set up for a PayPal account or be used with store credit. Your payment method must be a credit card or debit card.
All items won in the previous 24 hours will be processed at 12:00am CST. For example, any items won Monday between 12:00am – 11:59pm CST will be processed for payment at 12:00am CST on Tuesday. However, you may push the processing of your order through before this time by logging into your account and completing the checkout process manually. You can make changes to the items you won (like shipping method) at this time.
Online Auction AutoPay is subject to the Online Auction AutoPay Terms and Conditions as well as the Shop LC's Terms and Conditions of Sale.

I was very stupid and decided to see if I could find a few items that I was missing to complete some sets. I checked my cart just after 1am (I am 1 hour ahead.) I had enough available on my card to get the Items. Well, it was after 3am and an order still had not been processed. I checked my email and low and behold, they don't even know how to follow their own policy. They added in items that were added to the cart after 11:59pm CST and my CC declined the transaction (which I tried to prevent, but SLC does not even follow their own policy). I called CS and got one individual (I really want to say something else) and they of course don't know the policy, nor do they understand what I was saying. I explained in detail that items that I had won after the cut-off time had been included and my transaction was declined and that I wanted the items that applied processed and not to be charged for shipping. I lost it when they told me to just re-bid for everything. It has taken me over a week to finally get something at a price I was willing to pay. I called back 2 more times and got 2 more i..ts (individuals) and the same thing. The last guy promised me that he would have a supervisor call me within 24 hours. I give up. I tell them which number to call and they always call my cell which is turned off when I am sleeping, which is during the day. I finally just hung up on him as I was going hoarse explaining myself over and over and increased my chronic pain level. I even read the policy to the last guy and it was like talking to a wall.

It is amazing. I got locked out of my account earlier in the week (cable down, tried using someone's phone and I hit the a and it would put in an e, etc. so I got locked out.) It took over 36 hours and I can't even say how many calls till I got an intelligent gentleman named IVAN who has worked for the company for 5 years that got me in my account in less than 10 minutes. All I kept getting was PIN reset not password reset links and these people that work for the company don't even understand the difference and you can no longer use a PIN to access your account since 2019 (it says that on the login screen people.) I told him I loved him and we should get married as I was so relieved and appreciative as I was behind on doing my inventory and checking on when things would be arriving. UPS has managed to lose a diamond ring and I will have to do all the paperwork to get my money back, not them.

I even had someone call me 2 times and leave messages on my cell asking me what I thought of the autopay and to call back the Customer Service number. They have NO idea what I am talking about, same as when I was invited to the ZOOM meetings and would call back and just get dead air on the other side of the line. I can't put it all on the people that answer the phone as they have not been taught how to do their job.

I have called with other issues and when I get the right person, the can fix the shipping, the price and I had so many issues. One day I even got a credit for my trouble and I thank him and anyone that does their job correctly profusely for doing such a good job. Some people know what CS is, but the majority working in it don't.

I guess I will suck it up and pay shipping, but only buy about a 1/4 of the items I was going to purchase and then I am done. I have given them 2-3 more chances and they just keep failing. If I had done that as a Nurse or during my time in the Army someone would have died.

As others have mentioned, if you are doing resale, give it up using the auction as you will lose any profit you had planned on.

It's really sad, as they had a good thing going for a while. Bye, bye ShopLC. This AutoPay was a horrible fix and your EE's can't even administer it properly. Major fail!!!!!!!

Aki
6 x