No more free shipping over $50 ends today

Kat

No more free shipping over $50 ends today

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Got an email earlier today. No more free shipping over $50 in the ra starting tomorrow. Today is the last day. So if you want something get it. Unless, you sign up for their program for free shipping. If you put a credit card on file. Everyone have a great day!!! 😊💗
9 x

JA

Re: No more free shipping over $50 ends today

Post by JA » 3 years ago

I saw that they are putting their customers between a rock and a hard place. Put a credit card on file or pay shipping for every item. :o
11 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

I almost exclusively buy from RA. This isn't helping but hurting those of us that don't abuse the auctions. There's no way I'm signing up for the automatic payment. Slc has enough trouble refunding money and sending out our purchases. Such a mess. Just another reason for me to shop elsewhere.
17 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

I did sign up for autopay to get free shipping for the RA items using a bank account that I keep just a small balance in. For a few days it worked great where SLC charged my bank account shortly after midnight for the items I won, with no shipping charge. For the items I won yesterday I was not charged yet. Two of the items dropped out of my cart because the time to pay expired. I contacted customer service by phone and through the live chat but neither rep could tell me why I wasn’t charged, and if I pay manually I will be charged the shipping fees. I also emailed one of the moderators but maybe they are not in today. If I am not charged after midnight today for the items I won yesterday I will officially give up the RA.
11 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

No cpupons! No free shipping I will no longer be buying a lot of items.😪🍀
14 x

DesertQueen

Post by DesertQueen » 3 years ago

Oh well, just think of the money we will all save and how much business they will be losing.
14 x

aki

Post by aki » 3 years ago

Tried to get me order in on time, but the system always has problems. I got a horrible almost $60.00 shipping fee. Tried signing up to get free shipping and was not concerned as it was already 1/2 after the cut-off time. Again tried to choose the items I wanted and I was still charged for shipping so did not make the purchase for the 23 items I wanted. I tried calling and all I could get was people whose first language is not English (I can say that as both my parents are not from here, but they do understand English perfectly.) Then I tried to pick the items I did not want and then was going to cancel the order and just go with the 23 items out of 56 in my cart. Well, to my great surprise, the next thing I know, there was nothing in my cart and ShopLC just charged my CC for almost $1300.00. I called and called and all I could get were people that don't understand English. The last girl I talked to (more liked yelled at) said the best thing to do was cancel the sale and she would give me the item number and I could just re-buy everything. I explained to her that she did not even understand the company policies nor the difference between the On-Line site and the auction site. I was ready to commit suicide practically by the time the call was ended and she kept telling ME I didn't understand. Where did these Customer Service People come from. They used to have some great guys, that were locals and it was always a pleasure even if it was a problem. I have purchased a LOT of stuff via auction - but ShopLC just lost a customer. May still have to deal with a lot of aggravation as some of my orders are still forthcoming. There may be some returns and then trying to get a refund may take and act of God. I was called 2-3 times to be included in ZOOM meetings to give feedback and ideas from the customer side, but they never followed through on it. If they had they may not have pulled this move. As you guys have said, they will lost a lot of customers and I am one of them. :roll: :x :( :shock:
12 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

AKI, I hope they resolve this ASAP!!!!! Hopefully a mod can help. But I think they are here in the daytime hours only. Hopefully this gets fixed fast!!! 💗
8 x

aki

Post by aki » 3 years ago

Probably should have grammar checked that, but it felt good to get it out. Agreed, some people were very crazy on the auction site and at times I would make a purchase of items that had been too expensive (been walked up by other bidders or I managed to get cheaper) and then cancel the sale, just to be nice as then it would go back on auction again and let someone else bid for it rather than having it sit in the cart for 48+ hours. So many other better solutions. With what happened this evening, they lost a good $300 - $400.00 sale. Their loss and I will just have to go elsewhere unless they fix this blunder.

Didn't realize I could edit a post. One thing I did forget to say is that a lot of the auction items I receive tend to be returns. Tags missing, repackaged and I even paid over $30.00 one time for an empty Sajen box LOL. Not big into QA or inventory that is for sure. Tried buying a purse 4 times and it was always out of stock (just wanted one, but I could have won 4 that were listed), but there were never any in inventory. Hmmmmmm.
11 x

Moondance

Post by Moondance » 3 years ago

Yes, I have to agree: The removal of the "free shipping" on purchases from the $1 auction is a grave mistake: I had made 3 separate purchases before I realized that it had been removed, which I have now cancelled. As I have very little markup on my resales, I can no longer purchase from the $1 auction. I have observed that most of the auctions tend to garner them considerably more than their own sale prices, and it is unfortunate that they have gone in this direction. So, unless they reinstate the "free shipping", I will be moving on to less expensive pastures. Cheers!
15 x