Honest reaction to change to auctions.

Gidget

Honest reaction to change to auctions.

Post by Gidget » 3 years ago

I am sorry that YOU have decided to change the pay for auctions. Yes, it is frustrating at times, however, to have auto pay is even worse. I feel that with autopay plus the "auto bidding" one can become even more frustrated. When bidding on some items, the auto bidding creates items that sometimes are much too expensive and there is no way to delete an item that might become too expensive. Plus, there are times that after bidding on an item, I find that item with a less expensive bid than the first bid. I don't want to be saddled with 2 items with the autopay. This feature has always been a selection for those who desire that feature. For me, FORCING me to use autopay would be enough for me to no longer bid on ANY item, especially w/o the way to delete the item if I decide to change my mind. There would be more bullying with bidding. Hope that you reexamine this "service" and decide to also add delete.. Sorry, but until that happens, you have lost a customer.
8 x

Purrkitty

Re: Honest reaction to change to auctions.

Post by Purrkitty » 3 years ago

Ummmmmm....you understand that Autopay is optional, right? No one is 'forcing' you to use it.You don't have to enroll in it.

Autopay is designed to reward bidders for NOT doing exactly what you spoke about doing.

Everything you mentioned is literally what creates problems with $1 Auctions.

First of all, why are putting a price higher than you are willing to pay in autobid? The highest price you autobid is a contract you make to pay that highest price in the event that bidding gets that high.
Autopay is a promise, and breaking your promise prevents your fellow bidders from winning an auction at a price that they WILL pay.

Second, auctions are a gamble. It's a game. Sometimes the item you want goes for less than you bought it for. It's just going to happen. It sucks, but that's the nature of auctions. If you decide to bid on both auctions, and get saddled with two of the same items, give one as a gift.
When you bid a higher price, and then win a lower price, you are preventing the person in the first auction from winning it for a lower price. You blocked them by bidding higher.
If an item is at $4, and you know that $4 is what the item usually ends at, don't bid $5!! Wait for another auction where the item is at $3.
Let other people win an auction at a reasonable price, because if you wait, you will also be able to get that reasonable price.

Bullying with bidding?
That's what YOU are doing.

Bid fair, pay fair, get free shipping.
6 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Gidget wrote:
3 years ago
I am sorry that YOU have decided to change the pay for auctions. Yes, it is frustrating at times, however, to have auto pay is even worse. I feel that with autopay plus the "auto bidding" one can become even more frustrated. When bidding on some items, the auto bidding creates items that sometimes are much too expensive and there is no way to delete an item that might become too expensive. Plus, there are times that after bidding on an item, I find that item with a less expensive bid than the first bid. I don't want to be saddled with 2 items with the autopay. This feature has always been a selection for those who desire that feature. For me, FORCING me to use autopay would be enough for me to no longer bid on ANY item, especially w/o the way to delete the item if I decide to change my mind. There would be more bullying with bidding. Hope that you reexamine this "service" and decide to also add delete.. Sorry, but until that happens, you have lost a customer.
Good afternoon,

I have gone ahead and shared your feedback with our web and auctions teams for them to review. I apologize for any concern, and just as a heads up, the autopay feature is optional.
1 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Purrkitty wrote:
3 years ago
Ummmmmm....you understand that Autopay is optional, right? No one is 'forcing' you to use it.You don't have to enroll in it.

Autopay is designed to reward bidders for NOT doing exactly what you spoke about doing.

First of all, why are putting a price higher than you are willing to pay in autobid? The highest price you autobid is a contract you make to pay that highest price in the event that bidding gets that high.
Autopay is a promise, and breaking your promise prevents your fellow bidders from winning an auction at a price that they WILL pay.

Second, auctions are a gamble. It's a game. Sometimes the item you want goes for less than you bought it for. It's just going to happen. It sucks, but that's the nature of auctions. If you decide to bid on both auctions, and get saddled with two of the same items, give one as a gift.
When you bid a higher price, and then win a lower price, you are preventing the person in the first auction from winning it for a lower price. You blocked them by bidding higher.
If an item is at $4, and you know that $4 is what the item usually ends at, don't bid $5!! Wait for another auction where the item is at $3.
Let other people win an auction at a reasonable price, because if you wait, you will also be able to get that reasonable price.

Bullying with bidding?

Thank you Purrkitty! I’ve been surprised to see several customers say that they make multiple bids on the same item and pay for the lowest winning bid. And also that people decide AFTER they win an item if they want it or not. This is exactly what everyone has been complaining about for months - people bidding on items and then not paying for them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a ridiculously high bid or a reasonable bid. If people are bidding on items at any price and then deciding not to buy it then it is not fair to those who actually want that item and are outbid. It drives up the price for the people that actually want the item.
4 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Good afternoon,

I have gone ahead and shared your feedback with our web and auctions teams for them to review. I apologize for any concern, and just as a heads up, the autopay feature is optional.
[/quote]

Preston,

Maybe you could post the rising auction rules. With the free shipping with autopay the auctions are more fun again. I have been able to purchase many items this past week at very good prices with free shipping. Except for today, with for example people bidding $49 on $9.99 Swarovski items, bidding this past week has been more fun like it was in the past. It seems like maybe SLC is finally weeding out some of the rogue bidders.
5 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
3 years ago
Purrkitty wrote:
3 years ago

Bullying with bidding?

Thank you Purrkitty! I’ve been surprised to see several customers say that they make multiple bids on the same item and pay for the lowest winning bid. And also that people decide AFTER they win an item if they want it or not. This is exactly what everyone has been complaining about for months - people bidding on items and then not paying for them. It doesn’t matter if it’s a ridiculously high bid or a reasonable bid. If people are bidding on items at any price and then deciding not to buy it then it is not fair to those who actually want that item and are outbid. It drives up the price for the people that actually want the item.
This is so true!
2 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

What shoplc should do is like eBay does, you win the item you pay for the item. It cuts down dramatically on the super over bidders and the regular bidders that just want a better price on an item. Like me 😁 I'm one of those that tries to find a better price. If shoplc lets everybody else do it I decided I might as well join in on the fun. 😆😆😆 And yes I agree it sucks that there are super overbidders but until they fix it like eBay they're just going to keep on having this issue. They should leave the $50 free shipping but do what eBay does. Anyways, everyone have a great night! ☺️
4 x

josey

Post by josey » 3 years ago

I don't like that now, even on an item over $50, i don't get free shipping. And with a high tax rate for my state too. Up to less than 2 years ago, I paid only 3 for shipping but NO tax.
Anyway, I just won something for about 300 and don't like that i have to join auto pay to get the free shipping. On the higher priced items, like gold, I SHOULD have the option not to buy. Now, on top of the high tax rate, I have the added $3 also. Crummy. I give ShopLC a lot of money, (really!) and don't like this new policy. And I have been their customer for about 10 years.
2 x