Why bid against yourself??

LauraA

Why bid against yourself??

Post by LauraA » 2 years ago

What is with these people who bid against themselves? I don't mean a one-time, frantic, heat of the moment, beat someone to the button, last minute bid; I mean people who bid up the price against themselves early on in the bidding. I don't want to offend anyone here, but I keep seeing one person in particular--"Melissa"--regularly bids up the price early on, inflating the price on many things much more than necessary. And more than once I've seen the items resurface in a later auction, so I don't think she buys all she bids on (which is a LOT). It's so frustrating to those of us who'd really like to bid seriously.
6 x

Rena

Re: Why bid against yourself??

Post by Rena » 2 years ago

That's the million dollar question that no one has been able to answer. It's an enduring mystery.
5 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Their playing games, and it’s annoying 🤨....H🙂
6 x

kwebb37771

Post by kwebb37771 » 2 years ago

I've been finding even if I win for a good price that's not been raised high like u describe..but I can't afford the shipping charges per item ! It's just Freaking crazy!
4 x

JB

Post by JB » 2 years ago

kwebb37771 wrote:
2 years ago
I've been finding even if I win for a good price that's not been raised high like u describe..but I can't afford the shipping charges per item ! It's just Freaking crazy!
Yeah, they want you to enroll in auto payment with your credit card but I will never ever eva do that. Not my thing and I don’t auto-pay my own utilities!
2 x