OMG I’m shocked...

Amy

OMG I’m shocked...

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

I’m trying to buy a few Swarovski items to match what I already have. One person bid a $14.99 item over $75. This isn’t an auction. It’s a joke. So I move to an item sold for $19.99. Someone bid 3 times what it’s being sold on the regular SLC site. Are these people real, or if not, who is doing this? This is wasting my time and making us look like fools. 😡😡😡
11 x

Intrepid

Re: OMG I’m shocked...

Post by Intrepid » 2 years ago

Not making US look like fools, making LC look greedy and uncaring. One fix would be to stop putting ridiculous suggested value prices on auction items, and instead listing the actual website store selling price. I’ve bought a number of items from the store and paid far less than some of these idiot bidders are bidding. DA, Dia, Debra, Lara, Carol, etc. you know who you are.
Anyone who fails to pay for an item a 3rd time should be given a lifetime ban. They can be tracked by their ISP or phone number, email, or real name.
I have mistakenly overbid for an item, and the LC machinery refused my bid, (thankfully), so I would suggest that an overbid percentage be enacted in the computers that will disallow more than a 10% overbid of actual REAL value, and that anyone automatically bidding to that limit be given a warning, with a 3rd warning bringing a 3-6 month suspension.
These rules will not hurt the LC auction volume, and may well result in fewer people becoming disgusted and leaving.
Would LC rather develop a reputation for being a reliable, considerate, and constantly improving sales outlet, that operates with the same concern that the profess by their meals for children program, or would they rather continue to operate with disregard for fixing easily fixed issues.
I guess we’ll see.
7 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

I know one sure fire way to put a stop to this bidding madness. Now everyone might not agree with what I'm going to say, but if you bid and win, whatever the price ends up being, you pay IMMEDIATELY with a credit card, paypal or debit card that is on file. If enough of these idiot bidders get hit in the pocketbook for every HUGE, outrageous bid they make and win, I can guarantee it would put a STOP to it. No more of them bidding up everything in sight and not giving a chance for anyone else to have a fair shot at winning. No, I don't expect any item for practically nothing, but a fair price. At another jewelry sight I go on, they also have auctions. Your credit card on file is used to pay for you win almost instantly. No more of this reckless bidding, not paying and leaving good, honest bidders disappointed and throwing in the towel thinking they will never win an auction. Shop LC CAN stop this but they CHOOSE not to correct this problem. Either they are making too much money or don't care. I personally think it is both. Shame on ShopLC for allowing this to continue. :(
7 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

Intrepid. Someone must be reading this forum because they stopped putting $69.99 as an estimated value on a $2 eyeglass repair kit. Now it's only estimated at $29.99! But a 4.3" x 2.7" anti tarnish polishing cloth with the Shop LC logo on it is apparently valued at $89.99. Who are they trying to kid? Shouldn't that be a free promotional item?
10 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

They should send every customer on file a free polishing cloth. Period. 🤣🤣🤣
9 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

M:....sorry you’re name is so long, that’s a good idea, but what about people who buy pre-paid cards and only let’s say, only have a minuscule amount on the card, and the transaction doesn’t go through???..... H😊
2 x

mpompadour

AD wrote:
2 years ago
M:....sorry you’re name is so long, that’s a good idea, but what about people who buy pre-paid cards and only let’s say, only have a minuscule amount on the card, and the transaction doesn’t go through???..... H😊
I understand that some customers may have pre-paid cards on hand, but wouldn't it be up to the customer to make sure they have enough on their card to begin with before purchasing? We all know this isn't an easy solution, but Shop LC really needs to address this situation promptly or either completely close down the auctions. Some of the bidders names shock me. They are taunting other bidders with these names, making fun of people that TRY to win auctions. They must have a several accounts and rotate from one name to another. Or there is a ring of these bidders doing this. I don't really know this, just speculating. I used to love to bid and win occasionally, but it's a vipers den now. Anyway, I'm just trying to suggest a way to stop this insanity! :?
2 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

I know you are. It’s a good suggestion 😊
2 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

I didn’t explain myself correctly. People with those cards leave no money on them, probably a lot of people, then they play their games with over bidding, then they can’t be charged. Some one help me if I didn’t explain correctly 😫🥴.....H😊..... thanks 🙂
2 x

mpompadour

AD wrote:
2 years ago
I didn’t explain myself correctly. People with those cards leave no money on them, probably a lot of people, then they play their games with over bidding, then they can’t be charged. Some one help me if I didn’t explain correctly 😫🥴.....H😊..... thanks 🙂
Yes, AD, that's a possibility I didn't think of. Good thinking :idea: Yep, no consequences to their actions. BUT, doesn't everyone have an computer IP address? Perhaps block that address? Suspend their buying privileges? I don't know, but something needs to be done. Put a cap of say 10% over the regular price of the item, I.E., limit the max bid and then charge it to their payment method? It's not one just one particular item this is happening to but just about everything in the Rising Auctions, some more than others. It has completely taken the fun of of bidding and winning. :x
2 x