Gemstones lighter than minimum lsited

DavidH

Gemstones lighter than minimum lsited

Post by DavidH » 2 years ago

All but one of the stones I have won over the last 2 weeks have been lighter than minimum weight listed for the stone in the auction. They range from .01 to .24 carats lighter than the stated minimum in the gemstone details. Anyone else seeing this. I am going to weigh all the gems that I have won to see if it is a scale issue at ShopLC.
9 x

Ariana

Re: Gemstones lighter than minimum lsited

Post by Ariana » 2 years ago

DavidH wrote:
2 years ago
All but one of the stones I have won over the last 2 weeks have been lighter than minimum weight listed for the stone in the auction. They range from .01 to .24 carats lighter than the stated minimum in the gemstone details. Anyone else seeing this. I am going to weigh all the gems that I have won to see if it is a scale issue at ShopLC.
Please update us on what you find! I'm interested in knowing!
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

DavidH wrote:
2 years ago
@DavidH

This issue has been brought up before. I believe H4T and JQ posted about the weight discrepancies. I don't know what, if anything was done to correct those complaints.

-Gypsy
6 x

DavidH

I weighed all the stones I have so far received and found all of them but 2 to be heavier than the minimum weight, and those that were lighter were not off by much. All of the tags on the containers showed lighter than what the weight was listed in the auctions. I believe whoever is doing the weighing and generating the labels may not have any idea as to what they are doing.
3 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 2 years ago

@DavidH
I’m confused by your posts. The first one says all your stones are lighter than advertised except one. Your more recent post says all are heavier except two. So are you receiving heavier than advertised or lighter? I’m wondering. Thanks
4 x

DavidH

The labels on the containers that the stones ship in are stating lighter weights than what was in the auction. I decided to weigh all the stones I have received and found that most were heavier than the guaranteed minimum. So to this point I am satisfied. I think the folks at ShopLC need to see what is happening internally to rectify this mismatch on these labels.
4 x

CSL

Post by CSL » 2 years ago

I would say most of the gems I've received are way off on the weight. Between 0.40-5 carats less than minimum weight advertised. When brought this to shoplc's attention they did not believe me and asked me to send photo proof to their email (and I actually did send photos). Ummm, not a nice way to treat customers. Must add to insult, the customer service is absolutely terrible, I get better answers talking to a wall.
3 x