Over bidding

Zoe

Over bidding

Post by Zoe » 2 years ago

After experimenting with various bidding techniques I have come to the conclusion that Emmally and Melissa are not real bidders. These high max bids are being placed by shoplc itself to raise the prices of certain items. It saddens me to say this. I know that they do not care whether customers know this or not. If it is impossible to acquire the items you “really want” at a reasonable price what is the point of continuing to bid? Three times I have contacted shoplc about Melissa and nothing has been done. Anyone have any suggestions how to deal with this? Do you think I am right or just paranoid?
3 x

Moderator_Jazzman

Re: Over bidding

Post by Moderator_Jazzman » 2 years ago

Hello, I would like to begin with an apology for any confusion that may be occurring while bidding. I did note you feel we may be manipulating the Rising Auctions internally. I wanted to assure we are not placing bids internally this is not the company's nature. I also recognize you mentioned a couple of bidders who you find to be questionable. Please understand there are some client's who do bid at higher amounts being they merely find joy in winning, while others may make false bids if we notice this is what has occurred or is occurring please know we remove the client hindering them from participating in further auctions. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience you may endured. We will also further investigate the bidders which you have mentioned. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you, and have a Terrific Thursday.
1 x

LauraA

Post by LauraA » 2 years ago

@Moderator_Jazzman , I have noticed the very same things @Zoe has. This "Melissa" is the worst about bidding up tons of items in the RA, especially in quartz and topaz. She places ridiculously high maxbids and then obviously does not purchase them because the identical item shows up a couple of days later--at which time she usually bids it up to win and not purchase again. (Emmally is another frequent high bidder, although I can't speak with authority as to whether she actually buys anything.) I'm not sure what advantage it is to the company to allow someone to repeatedly bid high to discourage other bidders. without purchasing. With all the complaints I would think Shop LC would at least consider suspending their account.
1 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

These bidders will only find another way to CIRCUMVENT their disgraceful bidding. !! EMMALLY HAS SUPPOSEDLY BEEN IN TROUBLE SEVERAL TIMES, but yet she is back!!
2 x

Zoe

Post by Zoe » 2 years ago

To Ad. Interesting! Didn’t realize Emmally had been in trouble before. She was always a pain but I never complained because she wasn’t nearly as bad as Melissa. Does Emmally buy much of what she wins? If so how can she afford it? Maybe resells? Somehow don’t think so. It takes a lot of time to do what she and Melissa do. Have either of them ever responded to anyone?
1 x