Somehow bid ends up on wrong item

Jonarts

Re: Somehow bid ends up on wrong item

Post by Jonarts » 2 years ago

I agree, this is a real problem. It just happened to me, I went to click on an item and then poof it was a different item, then the original item came back to that location. Weird having auctions jumping rows and back and forth. I hesitated bidding on anything else because I don't want to bid on the wrong item. Someone in customer service or IT could easily go to auctions and watch things jump around, it wouldn't take but a few minutes being there to recognize the problem, especially since so many people have provided descriptions of what's happening.
3 x

ElleTee

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

Jonarts wrote:
2 years ago
I agree, this is a real problem. It just happened to me, I went to click on an item and then poof it was a different item, then the original item came back to that location. Weird having auctions jumping rows and back and forth. I hesitated bidding on anything else because I don't want to bid on the wrong item. Someone in customer service or IT could easily go to auctions and watch things jump around, it wouldn't take but a few minutes being there to recognize the problem, especially since so many people have provided descriptions of what's happening.
Thank you Jonarts for joining in. As I mentioned previously, I thought I must be the only one who is having this issue. Now, I see more and more people saying they too are experiencing this. ShopLC so far is requesting us to provide item numbers. It's not a matter of providing item numbers. It seems they are not grasping what we are telling them. The issue is that the auction boxes are in constant motion, moving up, down, left, right and I think it has to do with the auctions that have closed. Somehow when an auction ends, their system starts rearranging all the boxes. For this reason the boxes are moving all over the screen.
2 x

Bella27

Post by Bella27 » 2 years ago

Ditto here to this frustrating experience on SLC.

I have even logged in and found stuff I had never selected or even seen already in my catalog cart.

And invariably when I join the auction I am deposited by the system on the SECOND page, not the soonest to end, page one.

I might suggest going to your personal BID HISTORY, RIGHT CLICKING on the item you accidentally won (to load the page in new tab).
Then, scroll down under the specific description of the item, Then click on the item's 'Bid History" button located to the left of "Product Information" button.
If you choose, you could do the same with the 'lost' bid for the item you were going for... again, looking in your personal Bid History...
and make note of who won the item you really were trying to bid on.

You can note the time the bid error occurred by looking at the bid time/specs next to your name on the item's listed bid history..
You can also make note of who won the item you were actually trying for.

If the same name(s) pop up, well that's a flag the IT guys need to explore.

That may help them zero in on what's happening.

I kept getting the creepy feeling that I was being watched and when I prepared to bid someone was deliberately interfering by shifting the screen, interfering with my trying to bid...i.e., paranoia was setting in after it happened so many times.

I didn't know others were being interfered with.

My hard drive CPU ramps up tremendously when the page jumping around and bid redirection happens, just as it had in these 2 previous scenarios I experienced: (see below)

1) when I was being emulated (tracked) by a sysop I had discovered was doing something illegal

2) when I was actually being hacked at home by a neighbor geek who was using my computer to watch and store links to disreputable sites so his (equally computer proficient) wife wouldn't know how he spent his time online..

Curiouser and curioser...
2 x

Ramen

Post by Ramen » 2 years ago

:shock:
0 x

Addy

Post by Addy » 2 years ago

"In this day and age"...as been said...there ARE NO coincidences...they KNOW EXACTLY what they're doing..
It would hope it's not illegal..
As in the past..."bait and switch"!! 🤔
3 x