Somehow bid ends up on wrong item

Salinasman

Somehow bid ends up on wrong item

Post by Salinasman » 2 years ago

So I do like the auctions, but this has happened to me now 3 times. You go to bid on an item 10 to 15 seconds before it closes and instead of the bid going on the item you want, it ends up on the previous item that then closes...... And if you you use autopay, you cannot cancel the item so you end up buying something you don't want. The first time this happened to me figured it was my fault. So am always aware that my mouse curser is on the item I actually want before I click. But again, two items I recently went to bid on, mouse curser on correct item, click it and I actually ended up placing a bid and unfortunately "winning" the previous items I did not want. Kinda feel ripped off. :x :x :x Can anybody explain? Thank You and have a great day anyway :D :D :D Peace
2 x

Moderator_Connor

Re: Somehow bid ends up on wrong item

Post by Moderator_Connor » 2 years ago

Salinasman wrote:
2 years ago
So I do like the auctions, but this has happened to me now 3 times. You go to bid on an item 10 to 15 seconds before it closes and instead of the bid going on the item you want, it ends up on the previous item that then closes...... And if you you use autopay, you cannot cancel the item so you end up buying something you don't want. The first time this happened to me figured it was my fault. So am always aware that my mouse curser is on the item I actually want before I click. But again, two items I recently went to bid on, mouse curser on correct item, click it and I actually ended up placing a bid and unfortunately "winning" the previous items I did not want. Kinda feel ripped off. :x :x :x Can anybody explain? Thank You and have a great day anyway :D :D :D Peace
Good Afternoon, Salinasman!

Thank you so much for your post! That is certainly strange to hear an error happening like that. If you happen to have the item numbers on the bids you won but did not intend on bidding, or any screenshots of this error as an example, please feel free to provide them below in response or send in an email to customerservice@shoplc.com with that information. I will be reporting this to our technical teams to investigate into the cause for this error to try and get it resolved as quickly as possible.
2 x

ElleTee

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

Salinasman wrote:
2 years ago
Hello Salinasman,
I know this was posted about 3 weeks ago, and I'm sorry but I only just saw it. I have the identical problem !! It is awful. I use a desk top computer and I watch the auctions on a large monitor screen. I like it because I can see many auctions going on at one time. The auction boxes keep jumping all over, as one auction after another closes. I, too, have ended up bidding and winning items that I did not want, nor did I actually bid on. I was trying to bid on another item, but the boxes keep moving left, right, up, down and so I end up bidding on a wrong item. For this reason I hesitate using the autopay option. I don't want to get stuck buying something I don't want.
I contacted customer service and they assured me they would have someone from their tech dept look into it. Nobody ever came back to me.
So you are not the only person experiencing this problem. It's so frustrating.
4 x

ElleTee

Moderator_Connor wrote:
2 years ago
Salinasman wrote:
2 years ago

Thank you so much for your post! That is certainly strange to hear an error happening like that. If you happen to have the item numbers on the bids you won but did not intend on bidding, or any screenshots of this error as an example, please feel free to provide them below in response or send in an email to customerservice@shoplc.com with that information. I will be reporting this to our technical teams to investigate into the cause for this error to try and get it resolved as quickly as possible.
Hi Moderator Connor,
Can you please take a look at my post associated with this topic? This happens all the time for me. In some cases I end up winning an item I did not intentionally bid on, and in other cases I lose out on items I want because just as I go to bid, the boxes start jumping all over and that item box has moved on the screen. I lose out. I'd appreciate if this issue could be brought to the attention of the ShopLC technical team. Maybe they would know how to fix this. Thank you very much.
0 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 2 years ago

Good afternoon,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could we please have the item numbers for this incident so that we may report the issue properly?
0 x

ElleTee

shopLC_alex wrote:
2 years ago
Good afternoon,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could we please have the item numbers for this incident so that we may report the issue properly?
ElleTee wrote:
2 years ago
Moderator_Connor wrote:
2 years ago
Salinasman wrote:
2 years ago

Hi Moderator Connor,
Can you please take a look at my post associated with this topic? This happens all the time for me. In some cases I end up winning an item I did not intentionally bid on, and in other cases I lose out on items I want because just as I go to bid, the boxes start jumping all over and that item box has moved on the screen. I lose out. I'd appreciate if this issue could be brought to the attention of the ShopLC technical team. Maybe they would know how to fix this. Thank you very much.
Hi Alex,
I can't provide specific numbers. When it happens, I quickly disable the autopay so that I don't get stuck with something I don't want. I simply let the item expire.
I hope that I am explaining it in a way that you and others can understand. All of the auction boxes are moving around, as I said, up, down, left, right, and I think it's because when one auction ends it somehow affects the screen arrangement of the other ongoing auctions, causing them to jump all over. My goal here is to see whether or not the SLC tech team would be able to explain why the boxes are moving all around and provide a way to stop it from happening. I had assumed that I am the only one who has this issue, until I saw the post from the other customer. I was surprised to see that I am not the only one. Thank you.
0 x

Gigix8

Post by Gigix8 » 2 years ago

I’ve had the same experience with the auction. It’s like the items jump and suddenly your cursor is on a completely different item, and you haven’t moved the mouse at all - before you know it you’re stuck with an unwanted item. It’s very frustrating.
0 x

Gigix8

Post by Gigix8 » 2 years ago

I’ve had the same experience with the auction. It’s like the items jump and suddenly your cursor is on a completely different item, and you haven’t moved the mouse at all - before you know it you’re stuck with an unwanted item. It’s very frustrating.
0 x

Moderator_Jazzman

Post by Moderator_Jazzman » 2 years ago

Gigix8 wrote:
2 years ago
Hello,

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have endured when attempting to use the Rising Auction. We would love to further investigate this matter for you if you could please provide an item number that this has occurred with, it would be most helpful. If unable to provide item numbers when these errors have occurred if you could possibly take a screen shot so we can have an image this to would be of some assistance. If unable to do either of these things please know we have mentioned these comments to Technical Support so that they are aware of errors which may be taking place. Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful day.
0 x

ElleTee

Gigix8 wrote:
2 years ago
Yes, exactly ! That is exactly what happens. The items are jumping all over. Even when you only want to watch the auctions, without bidding on anything, it makes it impossible to enjoy. Items in constant motion, flying all over the place !
I don't think SLC will provide any explanation or offer a solution. :cry:
0 x