$1.99 Shipping on Autopay

CSL

$1.99 Shipping on Autopay

Post by CSL » 1 year ago

Ok, so I thought I signed up for autopay to get free shipping on the auctions? What's this $1.99 per item shipping fee that you emailed about? Well, that ain't gonna work with me and autopay will now be turned off. Can't believe ShopLC made that change. :evil:
13 x

Tothemoon

Re: $1.99 Shipping on Autopay

Post by Tothemoon » 1 year ago

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. In a way I am glad because I was buying way too much on the auction site to the point that I am running out of room. Even the mailman asked me what the heck I order so much of since he is always delivering packages. Well, at least I am stocked up with rechargeable portable fans for the summer so hopefully I’ll be as cool as a cucumber when I’m out and about.
10 x

Jewelrylover

Post by Jewelrylover » 1 year ago

I was also thinking that they had to be losing money on the free shipping deal, so this wasn't really unexpected. I just wish they had given us a longer heads-up that this was happening, not like, "Surprise! Free shipping is gone in just a few hours!" It was as if someone threw ice water on me when I read that email, but in a way, I am glad, too. I, also, was buying way too much, so this new policy of charging $1.99 shipping has definitely put a halt to my addiction to the auctions. ShopLC, you're losing good customers!
6 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 1 year ago

Totally identifying with each comment above. Definitely stepped up my auction activity when autopay was offered. My husband has been giving me the “hairy eyeball” over the volume of packages we get sometimes on a daily basis. “But…but…each of those little packages only contain one small, inexpensive item!” (Can’t the shipping department consolidate those little items into a larger mailer?). How soon he forgets that the vast majority of our Christmas gifting (80%? 90%?) came from Shoplc rising auctions. And they were GOOD gifts! Who couldn’t use a solar iPhone charger? The percussion massage guns were a HUGE hit! My sister loved the color-changing butterflies umbrella bought for rainy walks with her little granddaughter, among other things.
My husband also had a conversation with our mail carrier over the number of Shoplc packages she was delivering. She revealed that as a result, she BECAME a Shoplc customer-trying her hand at the RAs!
Well, it couldn’t last forever. My husband will be relieved when the river of packages from Shoplc becomes a trickle.

Have a fantastic day, fellow armchair shoppers!
9 x

RobinJ

Post by RobinJ » 1 year ago

Hi all-
Well, I guess I missed the email. I only figured it out when I checked an invoice
and the shipping was nearly as much as the cost of the items won. I had been
winning several items pretty much every week but I won't be bidding very much now.

On top of the shipping change, an error on an auction bid has really flubbed things up
for me, LOL. I had intended to bid either $7 or $17 using max bid- I'm really not sure
which it was (in the heat of battle and all that :D ) BUT it came out as $71, No max bid :o :o :o
Yikes! The item was no where near being that price. I turned off auto pay until the time runs out.
I hate to not purchase, but I just cannot bring myself to pay that for $20 or so cost earrings. It's
been a bad day for my auctions :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks for the space to vent !
7 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 1 year ago

CSL wrote:
1 year ago
Ok, so I thought I signed up for autopay to get free shipping on the auctions? What's this $1.99 per item shipping fee that you emailed about? Well, that ain't gonna work with me and autopay will now be turned off. Can't believe ShopLC made that change. :evil:
It have should be expected.You cannot buy an item on auction for $1, $2 or $3 and have it ship for free. Now, we have to be more picky, but I am not canceling my autopay on auctions, because alternative is to pay $3.99 for shipping.
3 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

At the sister channel in England you can pay e7.99 for one month of shipping, or e79.99 for 1 whole year of shipping, as many items as you want & it covers more countries than just England. Why can"t we have that here. The items that they sell here are much more expensive here than over there. There they do not sell much gold, or 2 or 3 thousand dollar rings. there items are cheaper. Last night they had a crazy good deal, 300 flower bulbs, & 6 pots, for only e19.99. Why do they not offer any thing like that here, Why is our shipping so high here? The other home shopping networks here ship shoes for only $3.50. A ring ships from SLC for $4.99. I just do not get it.
3 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 1 year ago

Thanks for the thread on no more free shipping with auto pay on the RA. That was the only reason I purchased on the RA. Well that has now ended.
6 x

LauraA

Post by LauraA » 1 year ago

Yep--thanks for posting about this. I don't recall getting any email about the change. Certainly will alter my auction habits--not that it's possible to win anything for a reasonable price anymore with all the overbidders hogging the auctions. :roll:
6 x

CSL

Post by CSL » 1 year ago

Derby wrote:
1 year ago
CSL wrote:
1 year ago
It have should be expected.You cannot buy an item on auction for $1, $2 or $3 and have it ship for free. Now, we have to be more picky, but I am not canceling my autopay on auctions, because alternative is to pay $3.99 for shipping.
...or not buying at all... businesses get heavily discounted shipping fees, so yes, they do make money even it's a $1,$2 or $3.
4 x