auctions

ula

auctions

Post by ula » 4 years ago

wow, I was just browsing diamond auctions. There is one person...MARLA.. bidding on every diamond.What the...?
3 x

Blossom

Re: auctions

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

ula wrote:
4 years ago
wow, I was just browsing diamond auctions. There is one person...MARLA.. bidding on every diamond.What the...?
Hi ula, are you new to SLC's Rising Auction? Unfortunately, this is the norm.
1 x

ula

yes, I am new here, just getting my feet wet. Looking around whats happening and what I see is not very pretty. Unfortunetly the prices are much cheaper than Canada, so I am taking the risk.
I bought tanzanite ring with multiple stones, totally colorless. Bought nice pendant, a heart with ACCENT DIAMOND(hahaha) . the rodium is dark blue and so is the diamond, making it totally invisible.I guess they put it there for marketing higher price. I loved the design of the heart, so I am happy and laughing at their foolishness. I think I will stick around here a little longer :D
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

ula wrote:
4 years ago
yes, I am new here, just getting my feet wet. Looking around whats happening and what I see is not very pretty. Unfortunetly the prices are much cheaper than Canada, so I am taking the risk.
I bought tanzanite ring with multiple stones, totally colorless. Bought nice pendant, a heart with ACCENT DIAMOND(hahaha) . the rodium is dark blue and so is the diamond, making it totally invisible.I guess they put it there for marketing higher price. I loved the design of the heart, so I am happy and laughing at their foolishness. I think I will stick around here a little longer :D
Just to let you know, many of us on this forum have voiced our frustration w/Rising Auction bidders. There are some bidders that bid exorbitant amounts on almost every item involving certain gemstone jewelry which puts it out of reach for many of us. I guess we have learned to accept this fact even though we aren't happy about it either. Good luck!
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

The trolls like marla, marylee, marlen, jo etc are damaging the auctions with overbidding.My advice: if you won anything make your internet research with google to see its value or a similar one before deciding to pay. This is valid not only for auctions but for anything you buy from shp lc .
3 x

ula

thanks ladies...will educate myself before buying...also read the small print :D
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
ula wrote:
4 years ago
Hi ula, are you new to SLC's Rising Auction? Unfortunately, this is the norm.
Welcome to shoplc rising auctions :roll: it got so.bad with the max bidding some are doing I dont even shop the auction anymore :oops: but wish you the best of luck !
1 x

ula

thank you all. Just one question for those who were here last year: anything happening here on New year or boxing day? Just wondering if I should put away some money or spend them now... :lol:
0 x

jhardy1456

Post by jhardy1456 » 4 years ago

I JUST SAW SOMEONE HAD BOUGHT THIS IN THE AUCTION -- AA Premium Burmese Blue Sapphire Ring in Vermeil YG Over Sterling Silver (Size 7.0) 0.95 ctw

Shop LC has the retail of this ring listed at : Est. Ret. Val $1,199.00 in the Auction
then they have it listed on another part of their site for retail $89.99

So I guess it's not just Canadians being ripped off but anyone who unknowingly buy's through the Auction.

It's too bad I can't post the pictures here to back it up.

Before you buy something at Auction copy the name of the item and google it. You will get prices for it to verify it's worth

With the shipping and overcharging I don't trust them at all anymore.
0 x