overbidding

josey

Re: overbidding

Post by josey » 4 years ago

This is so funny......I used to bid on things years ago and the same thing was happening, 5, 6 years ago. Nothing new. I remember calling to complain because there was nothing like this. I think people just play games, bidding up to outrageous prices. They don't intend to buy the item, but LC still makes money overall.
Just got on the site again yesterday, and today I find out I have to pay TAX on what ever things i buy! crummy. Not used to that with LC. Oh well, glad I am not buying anywhere near what i used to. In 2011 I bought tons. Come here very rarely now.
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

josey wrote:
4 years ago
Just got on the site again yesterday, and today I find out I have to pay TAX on what ever things i buy! crummy.
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize, however due to new Federal regulations that went into effect on May 1st, we are now required to collect tax for most states. Shop LC does not keep any of the tax collected, rather it is turned over as required to the state.
3 x

JustaShopper

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

Especially Merilee lots of others Maybe we can report right here. I know I've called in b4 , because we have the proof in out managing actions. its gone don hill I agree Since about the time they took out the button in our won auction box that released the item right away if we decided we were not going to purchase. Release button. I have to say back in the natural tanz days, I won a few nice rings on Auction. Those were days , it felt more natural, it had better items, you used to have all night auction, now its painfully slow at night. and the glitches galore, I get sent back o the beginning after a action, no more you tied messages, just incorrect bid. Some of these people seem to have NO LIMIT.
Let me say . I am really grateful though for most of the pieces I have been able to get . And I used to have lot's of fun back in the day, Actually I still do have fun. And I do love Shop LC . And do Thank them from callers to hosts. Just not the $1 Online Auction Devs they are not going the right way. Hopefully They will again.
4 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Overbidders can be reported to CustomerService@shoplc.com. In your email, please list the item number AND the bidders name so that we can locate the customer's account. Please keep in mind that if someone is purchasing their wins, regardless of the bid price, we are not able to block them from placing high bids as it is their choice to pay the price they win the item at.
2 x

wizard

Re: overbidding....Merilee

Post by wizard » 4 years ago

This is for Merilee specifically......No matter what you bid, Jo follows your bid,over bidding all the way. Till she matches a bid
with you then she stops, she does not want the item, she just wants to raise your final cost. I've watching her do this for a long time, not sure what you can do about it, just wanted to be sure you knew she is doing this to you. :)
4 x

Moderator_Danielle

Re: overbidding....Merilee

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

wizard wrote:
4 years ago
This is for Merilee specifically......No matter what you bid, Jo follows your bid,over bidding all the way. Till she matches a bid
with you then she stops, she does not want the item, she just wants to raise your final cost. I've watching her do this for a long time, not sure what you can do about it, just wanted to be sure you knew she is doing this to you. :)
Thank you for this! We are going to review bids so we can work on identifying this customer. If you need any further assistance you can chat with us at www.shoplc.com, email us at customerservice@shoplc.com, or call us at 877-899-0078. Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
2 x

jojosmom

Over bidders

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

You know I purchase quite a few items FOR MYSELF from both the show and the Auction, but I am getting really tired of what I think is RETAILERS overbidding on items in the auction. (Merilee, Sharon, Debbie,Natalie, Angelita etc etc etc). For example: Auction # 3271380 is a Welo Opal and Zircon pendant that is now up to (with 2 days left to bid) $900.00. The pendant is only realistically worth $160.00. Or they bid you up (I usually max bid in the beginning between 24.00 and 30.00 and decide if I want to continue depending on the price and if I really want it) and they click on it until I am outbid and then if someone bids after them, they don't bid anymore. Attention my jewelry loving friends, you should NOT be paynig more than 10% (hopefully less) than the retail price because that is what the item sold for on the show. Okay, I am done venting. Have a great day at the auction.
5 x

Catticus

Re: Over bidders

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I knowwwwwwwww! It ruins it for everyone else. 😠😡

I always wonder what they're going to (try) to sell these items for, since they've grossly overpaid for them.

They're going to have to sell them for even more than the ridiculous amounts they've paid, and considering what I see them bidding on, that's actually laughable.
1 x

JustaShopper

Lamps

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

YES MERI*** is helping in making it impossible to get a decent winning auction way ahead of time.
SHOP LC DO SOMETHING
On certain items no matter what the price rises, person bidding against themselves . something seems off.
1 x

Gypsy

Re: Lamps

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

She has high max bids set on all of them ☹☹
1 x