Fraud!! "Unknown Bidder??????

Gemsnob

Re: Fraud!! "Unknown Bidder??????

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
I am actually glad they allow us to change our names. I've won items and many times had the person I was bidding against follow me all over, bidding up anything I bid on, to outrageous prices.

Many are sore losers and immature. So being able to change your name during the auctions is vital!

@Blossom, just go to your profile where it says "edit" and change your name. Then change it back after you're done, so your address label will have your name on it.

I've had so many ruin the auctions for me, from following me around ruining bids for me, to changing their name to the same as mine because they're angry that they lost a bid.

Many will copy whatever name they see who made them angry, trying to confuse them.

I think the auctions are stressful now, and cause high blood pressure!

But if you cannot change your name, forget it. You're a "target" to anyone you've upset!

๐Ÿ™„
My name is the same on the RA as ot is here. I never go back and change it for shipping. I probably should. I wonder if my name would make my packages targets for theives or getting "lost" in the mail.
2 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Blossom I didn't change my bidding name to something that is not my name I just had to add another initial to it or there would have still been two of me bidding and only one was me. If for instance someone joins shoplc and their name is blossom just go in your profile and let's say add a 1 to your name. Therefore your bidding name would be blossom1 to distinguish you from the bidder with your same name. I don't know about all those crazy bidder names I just knew there could not be two of me bidding on the auctions.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

CC wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
Blossom I didn't change my bidding name to something that is not my name I just had to add another initial to it or there would have still been two of me bidding and only one was me. If for instance someone joins shoplc and their name is blossom just go in your profile and let's say add a 1 to your name. Therefore your bidding name would be blossom1 to distinguish you from the bidder with your same name. I don't know about all those crazy bidder names I just knew there could not be two of me bidding on the auctions.
I have a somewhat common name & back in the day (on RA) the only way to know if it was my bid was to check 'watch list' where it would show whether or not I was the highest bidder. Your way sounds easiest. You found the method to the madness! Yay CC!! I've learned a lot about RA ins & outs on this thread from all of you!
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
My name is the same on the RA as ot is here. I never go back and change it for shipping. I probably should. I wonder if my name would make my packages targets for theives or getting "lost" in the mail.
@Gemsnob

Definitely change the name on your packages from here! Unless someone thinks it says: "Gems Nob", your name sounds like your packages would be ripe for the pickings!

Too many postal theives out there. And many are employees of the various postal carriers!

My maternal grandmother was quite elderly when my sibs and I were little kids. She didn't drive anymore and had the most wonderful house just around the block from us. Her neighbors watched out for her, too. The house wasn't fancy, it was a one bedroom with an attached bathroom, a nice sized living room, and a huge kitchen. Then an entryway to the kitchen.

We adored that house. It had a gray stone fence and she grew California Poppies in her front garden. She had a shed in her large backyard, and a greenhouse. That glass greenhouse fascinated us!

She had a good sized garage with a small room added inside with its own wall and door, the other wall being the side of the garage against the yard. That room also fascinating us. Like a little hideaway because you wouldn't know it was there unless you went through the regular door on the side of the garage which then had that room's door on the right. Then the big front garage door, which wasn't used often.

The room had toys in it that she kept inside a beautiful cupboard. And it had a bed and nightstand. You know how kids are about little hidden rooms!

Postage at that time was .06 to .07 for a stamp on a regular sized/weight letter.

She would tape a dime to the mail she had, and the postman would replace the dimes with stamps, leaving her any change due to her in her mailbox.

Last year in the wee hours, the blue metal postal boxes in front of the post office here were yanked-dragged out and hauled off in a truck. So we now put our mail in the slots inside the post office only. It wasn't like this here even 10 years ago.

I miss the era I grew up in!

Technology is very good, especially in robotics and healthcare. But it's getting to the point where nothing is safe anymore.

Just a side note: When I was about 20 years old, I didn't have a stamp, so I thought I would give what my grandmother used to do a try. I taped a quarter to something I needed to mail. Nothing I would worry about.

The postal carrier left my mail as usual, but ignored the envelope. I left it again. The next day he left my mail again, and ignored that envelope. Well, by then I wanted to see just how long he'd leave it there! Like it was a "standoff"!
๐Ÿ˜‚

That envelope remained there for a week. Then I took it because I had finally gotten stamps, and I mailed it myself!

Times have changed. And I don't like it! And I don't have to like it, either!
๐Ÿ˜œ

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ“ฌ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ“ญ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ˜
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote: โ†‘
4 years ago
@Gemsnob

Definitely change the name on your packages from here! Unless someone thinks it says: "Gems Nob", your name sounds like your packages would be ripe for the pickings!

Too many postal theives out there. And many are employees of the various postal carriers!

My maternal grandmother was quite elderly when my sibs and I were little kids. She didn't drive anymore and had the most wonderful house just around the block from us. Her neighbors watched out for her, too. The house wasn't fancy, it was a one bedroom with an attached bathroom, a nice sized living room, and a huge kitchen. Then an entryway to the kitchen.

We adored that house. It had a gray stone fence and she grew California Poppies in her front garden. She had a shed in her large backyard, and a greenhouse. That glass greenhouse fascinated us!

She had a good sized garage with a small room added inside with its own wall and door, the other wall being the side of the garage against the yard. That room also fascinating us. Like a little hideaway because you wouldn't know it was there unless you went through the regular door on the side of the garage which then had that room's door on the right. Then the big front garage door, which wasn't used often.

The room had toys in it that she kept inside a beautiful cupboard. And it had a bed and nightstand. You know how kids are about little hidden rooms!

Postage at that time was .06 to .07 for a stamp on a regular sized/weight letter.

She would tape a dime to the mail she had, and the postman would replace the dimes with stamps, leaving her any change due to her in her mailbox.

Last year in the wee hours, the blue metal postal boxes in front of the post office here were yanked-dragged out and hauled off in a truck. So we now put our mail in the slots inside the post office only. It wasn't like this here even 10 years ago.

I miss the era I grew up in!

Technology is very good, especially in robotics and healthcare. But it's getting to the point where nothing is safe anymore.

Just a side note: When I was about 20 years old, I didn't have a stamp, so I thought I would give what my grandmother used to do a try. I taped a quarter to something I needed to mail. Nothing I would worry about.

The postal carrier left my mail as usual, but ignored the envelope. I left it again. The next day he left my mail again, and ignored that envelope. Well, by then I wanted to see just how long he'd leave it there! Like it was a "standoff"!
๐Ÿ˜‚

That envelope remained there for a week. Then I took it because I had finally gotten stamps, and I mailed it myself!

Times have changed. And I don't like it! And I don't have to like it, either!
๐Ÿ˜œ

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ“ฌ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ“ญ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ˜

Catticus- I miss those days too !!!! We used to.leave our house unlocked- doors wide open, friends and neighbors came in usually doing the "HELLO" knock as they came in house. Deliveries were taken into our houses by kind neighbors or the delivery driver and YEP taped money in the mailbox was the was the way to buy stamps. I have such a love/hate relationship with my phone and dont get me started on Facebook. ๐Ÿ”ฎ I see for you and yours a
Happy Holiday and a Blessed New Year โฃ๐ŸŽ„
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I'm sorry ๐ŸฅบI dont know why the print is so big !!!!

Moderators - if you can reduce my text down to normal size.....please do !!! I dont know how to fix thanks
2 x