New Year soon-bring back the old ShopLC

Ginger

Re: New Year soon-bring back the old ShopLC

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I hope the higher ups listen to to our pleas also. Things have changed so much that this ShopLC is almost unrecognizable and it’s very sad. If it’s not broke-don’t try to fix something that was working just fine to begin with. Ginger ❣️
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Oh boy !! Just when it looked that they were stopping to play with the final price, Adi proved me wrong.just when the clock ran out, and after he said final price,only a few sold, so he lowered the price. Plus they are showing most of the jewelry predominantly in the 25x enlarged light box. Dionne should show pendants on her neck and rings on her finger. Of course not. The real size would have less sales. Of course when the buyers get the items home, and see the real size, they will return them. Btw- a blue diamond bracelet was $99. I had it in my wish list for a week, hoping for a 40% coupon. Yesterday they applied a 30% coupon. Today its on air for $49.99. Can you imagine if I bought it for much more😡
3 x

Ginger

I can imagine Vicky, I have gotten many things that are much smaller in person than it showed on tv. I just turn the channel now mostly, especially when they start playing the price games. It’s ridiculous and I had items on my wishlist that had doubled or tripled in price and I deleted everything except a few items but of course they still say Doorbusters!! I’m not watching when they’re yelling, screaming, making us feel bad for not ordering when they are on the One 4 One, but it’s gotten to where it’s constantly the One 4 One and trying to make you feel bad for not ordering. This new ShopLC, I don’t like and see some of the hosts without rose colored glasses now.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Im afraid nothing is going back to the way it was. Ive been reading up on the VGL group. Ive been on their website. Their philosophy is what is impacting Shoplc and TJC. They wanted to find a way to help impoverished people in India. The best way was with money and who has the most disposable income? Americans. They are only concerned with getting our money. Not our opinions, not our shopping experience. None of that matters. Its about getting as much $$ out of the US as possible. If you have read reviews of formers employees, many are women who say they werent treated well or respected for their knowledge. These people come from a different environment. They dont care about anything and it shows. It explains why we are so baffled by so many things they are doing.
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I wish the same, Ginger. I hope ShopLC is the same again. If not, we can only go to the other shopping channels.
2 x

Vicky

Well if the VGL group want to make money from Americans, they better recall and REPLACE their new management with people who know if you want to sell something that isn’t selling well, you DONT INCREASE THE PRICE 🙄 You DONT LOWER the coupon VALUE- You DONT spend 1 hr on each item. You DONT play games with the FINAL price😡 They even have Karen and Shawn doing a very prolonged presentation on less then desirable strand of Pearls, along with Presidential OVERRIDE😆. I’m thinking they are forced to do it or else☹️ And definitely you dont try and turn a BARGAIN network onto a high end one, literally overnight, by mainly presenting OVERPRICED GEMS🤯All this criticism and advice will fall on deaf ears until the amount of returns by Jan 15 turns into a living INDIA NIGHTMARE😏
5 x

Ginger

I can only imagine the nightmares that will happen once all the returns will start coming in. It’s going to be chaos and will take forever to get your refunds. I see the prolonged presentations and it is a shame. I agree about it being an affordable shopping channel before and the higher ups are trying to turn ShopLC into a high end channel and that’s not what it was before. It was so much better in the “old days “ and then come in and change almost everything. Not a smart move and one that will cost them much in the long run unfortunately. Ginger
3 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I can only imagine the nightmares that will happen once all the returns will start coming in. It’s going to be chaos and will take forever to get your refunds. I see the prolonged presentations and it is a shame. I agree about it being an affordable shopping channel before and the higher ups are trying to turn ShopLC into a high end channel and that’s not what it was before. It was so much better in the “old days “ and then come in and change almost everything. Not a smart move and one that will cost them much in the long run unfortunately. Ginger
But if they're trying to turn it into a "high end" channel, why all the influx of cheap-looking chatchkes and cookware and lava lamps and socks and face cream and ..... ad nauseum.

I admit to buying a set of bed linen over a year ago, but that was pretty much a one-off offering...I think. At least, I they still had 90% jewelry and jewelry-related items. But all the other stuff they've been adding over the last 6 months makes it appear they want to compete with WalMart or Target or Dollar General :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Oh how I'd love to see the old company back again. In my dreams.
3 x

Vicky

My main fun used to be when I watched a on air item I wanted, and prayed it doesn’t sell out, because once there were a few leftovers, they would put it on their website and apply a coupon to the on Air price. I got some mega bargains that way. Also last year they still allowed outside coupons. I would go on Retailm.... and get coupons for 40-45% off. I loved shopping at Shoplc then. Of course waiting for on air items not to sell out sometimes backfired on me, when the item did sell out. But with patience, someone usually cancelled the item later, and I grabbed it with the coupon. Now those fun days have been replaced with pure frustration☹️
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

When all those returns come in like a tsunami, there will be so many employees walking out the door, off the job.

That was already happening and still is. Read what current and past employees have to say. SLC has a tremendously high turnaround rate of employees.

It's about to get even worse.
2 x