Continuously Losing Bids

Jesstuffxxx

Continuously Losing Bids

Post by Jesstuffxxx » 4 years ago

I have bid the same ring in the auction over a period of about 30 days – 7 times.

I continue to lose the bid, sometimes by just $1 dollar. I have noticed the same named individual has returned to outbid me a few times and won. Now…. I have won a couple of auction items, mostly items others would not necessarily bid on/want… But – I have lost confidence in this program.

Check this out:
Bid Record: Item: 3342587

09-05 My Bid $40 Lisa Won $43
09-25 My Bid $55 Janice Won $56
09-26 My Bid $60 April Won $63
09-28 My Bid $125 Merilee Won $142
09-29 My Bid $64 Tracie Won $65
09-30 My Bid $75 Tracie Won $80 again
10-01 My Bid $80 Merilee Won $81 again

Look at the various array of pricings and the number of times I was outbid by a dollar!!!
Something is very fishy here and I would rather spend my time/money on a valid/real auction. Just sayin….
3 x

Catticus

Re: Continuously Losing Bids

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Oh boy do those names look familiar. Yes, this issue has been discussed on here. A LOT of us are tired of it, just as you are. Read the thread on "Overbidding", and on being an "Informed Bidder." Someone with the name something like "MrFixIt", mentioned these "Phantom Bidders", and I agree with him.

It's frustrating, isn't it? And UNFAIR and UNETHICAL.
4 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Jesstuffxxx wrote:
4 years ago
I have bid the same ring in the auction over a period of about 30 days – 7 times.

I continue to lose the bid, sometimes by just $1 dollar. I have noticed the same named individual has returned to outbid me a few times and won. Now…. I have won a couple of auction items, mostly items others would not necessarily bid on/want… But – I have lost confidence in this program.

Check this out:

Look at the various array of pricings and the number of times I was outbid by a dollar!!!
Something is very fishy here and I would rather spend my time/money on a valid/real auction. Just sayin….
Thank you for providing us with this item number. We will certainly review the bidders for this item, however please note that if the bidder with the winning bid is purchasing the items, there is nothing more that we would be able to do. Abusive buyers however will be warned and blocked if necessary.

If someone is winning a bid by a dollar, there is a possibility that they are either watching the auction at the very end, or they have set a MaxBid that is higher than the bid you have placed. Information on how the MaxBid works is available at https://www.shoplc.com/help-auction
2 x

Jesstuffxxx

Post by Jesstuffxxx » 4 years ago

I appreciate the response by SLC!

And I understand process and know how to "Max Bid" -and- watch the auction to bid in the last few seconds. These action attempts do not make any difference in the outcome!!!

if you look at the Merilee bids -- they are two hugely different bid/prices completely, with a huge spread of dollar difference, for the same item, FROM THE SAME BIDDER!!!

This is just "MUCH TO SIGNIFICANT" for SLC to 'ignore'...

So... is SLC going to fix this -or- send my business elsewhere?
4 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Jesstuffxxx wrote:
4 years ago
I appreciate the response by SLC!

And I understand process and know how to "Max Bid" -and- watch the auction to bid in the last few seconds. These action attempts do not make any difference in the outcome!!!

if you look at the Merilee bids -- they are two hugely different bid/prices completely, with a huge spread of dollar difference, for the same item, FROM THE SAME BIDDER!!!

This is just "MUCH TO SIGNIFICANT" for SLC to 'ignore'...

So... is SLC going to fix this -or- send my business elsewhere?
As we have stated above, we are currently researching the bids that were placed for this item. We do understand the disappointment and frustration in losing a bid for an item, however if the item is being purchased at the winning bid, we cannot stop customers from placing the high bids to secure the item for themselves.
1 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Same for Lisa Joan and Jo
1 x

Moderator_LaRica

Post by Moderator_LaRica » 4 years ago

We appreciate your feedback. We are still working on getting this issue fixed. We appreciate your patience with us as we are improving on getting this resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. Thank you for being part of our family at Shop LC and have a wonderful day.

Best Wishes,
LaRica W
0 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Jesstuffxxx wrote:
4 years ago

Check this out:

You are right! That's why won't bid again. I lost twice to a person named Gray. He bid twice for the same item and won, but apparently he didn't pay the item at the end. These "bidders" should be ban for good like these Tracy and Merilee. Let them bid on composite things like fissure-filled rubies or sapphires and dyed Jade. It's better buy than bid. Bidding is a waste of time.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

How do you know when someone doesn’t pay for an item won in RA?
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
How do you know when someone doesn’t pay for an item won in RA?
One of the customer service agents told me that. And because the item still showing up.
2 x