Be an informed bidder

HowRevelationary

Be an informed bidder

Post by HowRevelationary » 4 years ago

Be sure to peruse the LC online shop for prices of the same or similar items before bidding on an auction item! ❤️ Bargains!
5 x

mpompadour

Re: Be an informed bidder

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

Yes, you are so right about that. Many times the auctions go WAY, WAY higher than just the regular prices. But then sometimes the auctions work out much cheaper. I recently won several items with the auction format that were 50 to 80 percent lower than the regular prices. And I usually wait to use a coupon for regular priced items. I really love ShopLC and have bought a lot of nice things from them. :)
2 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

I totally agree....do your homework before you bid! Also, there should be a way to prevent people from bidding on hundreds of items at a time with initial bids of $100 to $200! This ruins the entire auction experience for EVERYONE and wipes out the reason for the auctions....to get a great deal! Are you listening Merilee?!? :evil: PLEASE stop ruining the auctions for the rest of us! THANK YOU!
11 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I prefer the Budget Pay that bidding, it's too difficult. After I won an auction back in May, I came back to bid for another one and I lost five times, two of them on the same bidder who was bidding again the same item that he previously won. That should not be allowed. I talked to a customer service representative about that issue and he told that they will ban this person for bid for a month, but another one told me that people can bid anytime they want even if they won that item. He told me "He won, but he could not pay it, so it's OK for him to bid again. :o That's wrong.
3 x

Angelfan

Post by Angelfan » 4 years ago

I too wonder why anyone would bid so high on items, The whole point is to get it at the lowest price. Sometimes I like an item so well I go back and bid again cause it is not available anyplace else. I do agree it ruins the fun when someone over bids like that,
4 x

sunshine13

Post by sunshine13 » 4 years ago

It's an auction - if you don't bid high enough - you lose - but YES always research price before bidding.
3 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Post by Eve » 4 years ago

This used to be a great place to auction jewelry!
Some people don’t seem to understand the point of an auction and ruin it. They bid 3 times as much as it is to buy it outright and some just seem bored and bid you up. I have been doing auctions gor 25 years + and have never encountered this for so many people.
i actually want to purchase! Yes even if i bid on 40 -50 items . There are resellers and dealers in there waisting there time.i get that its open for everybody but this is not a game ....to most of us atleast.
3 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 4 years ago

Regarding the $1 dollar bidding situation...I too see the same name bid on so many items at one time and wonder what they are trying to accomplish. Must have tons of money or maybe a business? Then again, perhaps, greedy I suppose. However, it is the policy if they choose to do so. It is a shame they cannot let others have a piece of winning. :roll:
2 x

jeanne

Post by jeanne » 4 years ago

I have been following some of the overbidders and it looks like these are not real buyers. No one, especially a reseller would bid 100 more than they had to in order to get an item. Watch the names. It will be the same name on one day. The next day it will be a different overbidder and that one will spoil the bids for that day. The following day it will be yet another one. This goes on for the whole week. They only seem to have an interest in the premium items so that is good I guess. It is funny that two days after the bid closes the same item number will reappear in the auction. My guess is that the winner is not actually paying for the items they have spoiled. The best thing we can do is let the fake bidders win their auctions. If the company has to keep putting items back up for auction maybe they will take steps to stop this from happening.
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I am an informed bidder and really like the process of bidding on items but I don't like the fact that "all sales are final" unless they are damaged. I have purchased regular priced items and just did not like the design or it just wasn't my style. I have to say that the items I have bid on in the past were in great shape and I liked all of them :)
1 x